Hey everyone. I will present to you a new concept that might work as a solution for people not wanting to compromise for their keyboard yet they want to work on a full touch wide screen. This is not a slider but rather a full screen attachable phone that swings to a keyboard with adjustable screen on a keyboard mode. It keeps the full dimensions of the Z30. What do you guys think? Can it be done?

Attachment 219415

Posted via my Q10
    dalinxz and opteron7 like this.
    11-11-13 08:05 AM
    Hey everyone. I will present to you a new concept that might work as a solution for people not wanting to compromise for their keyboard yet they want to work on a full touch wide screen. This is not a slider but rather a full screen attachable phone that swings to a keyboard with adjustable screen on a keyboard mode. It keeps the full dimensions of the Z30. What do you guys think? Can it be done?

Attachment 219415

Posted via my Q10

Can't see it
    11-11-13 08:16 AM
    A hybrid 30-class Phone-screen-shot-2013-11-11-3.56.26-pm.png

Posted via CB10
    11-11-13 08:31 AM
    Now?

Posted via CB10
    11-11-13 08:31 AM
    Sorry I don't like it...but nice job.

Posted via CB10
    11-11-13 08:41 AM
    So the screen is sort of like a miniature jumbotron where the screen is really two screens and the keypad is on the back of the second screen ? Do I have that right ?

Well I think that some sort of slider would be much easier to engineer and be more reliable and work better too.
    11-11-13 10:20 AM
    So the screen is sort of like a miniature jumbotron where the screen is really two screens and the keypad is on the back of the second screen ? Do I have that right ?

Well I think that some sort of slider would be much easier to engineer and be more reliable and work better too.
    Hey yes it's a double screen in one giving a 16-9 ratio in full screen mode and when the keypad is scrolled to the front it becomes a 4:3 screen while the back a notifications screen when the phone is in the sleep mode.

Yes a slider is easier but the integrity in here is much more respected.

Posted via CB10
    11-11-13 10:22 AM
    Hey yes it's a double screen in one giving a 16-9 ratio in full screen mode and when the keypad is scrolled to the front it becomes a 4:3 screen while the back a notifications screen when the phone is in the sleep mode.

Yes a slider is easier but the integrity in here is much more respected.

Posted via CB10
    I think the gap between the screens would be annoying to swipe across but your idea shows a lot of originality.
    It might be easier to marry a really thin touch phone on one side with a very thin Qwerty on the other side. Someone had that idea before.

Another take would be a Blackberry version of:

Leaked Samsung flip-phone flexes muscles with Snapdragon 800 CPU

Where the BB keyboard flips over.

Of course the landscape Slider would be the easiest to engineer and there are a number of low spec'd Android ones out there. Skeever is probably correct - the market for Sliders, Spinners or Flippers is really small.

There are cases for iPhones that effectively turn your iPhone into a landscape slider. As an accessory I might be interested in a very thin and light bluetooth keyboard that attached on the back when not in use but could be attached portrait style when in use. There are some on the market for other phones but they are bulky . Lord knows the Z30 needs no more weight.
    Last edited by Bbnivende; 11-11-13 at 10:56 AM.
    11-11-13 10:39 AM
    Sorry man I'd rather keep my z10 until something else comes. That hybrid is not for me
    11-12-13 10:11 PM