05-21-13 12:10 PM
    If I know the Gumument, this will take 5 years and cost a few hundred million
    05-21-13 12:49 PM
    It's kinda surprising how Google was able to take something as simple as "maps", make it AWESOME, and then make it free to consumers, yet charge corporations and advertisers.

Google might be a big corporation and corporations are supposed to be "evil", but as far as corporations go, Google does a heck of a job doing great things.

They are the one single company that I have nothing bad to say about them.
    Acumenight likes this.
    05-21-13 08:07 PM
    Google might be a big corporation and corporations are supposed to be "evil", but as far as corporations go, Google does a heck of a job doing great things.

I am sure that anyone using Reader or anything else they have killed off might have something bad to say about them, not to mention anyone hoping for some google apps on bb10 and as far as them not being evil compared with other companies, their levels of tax avoidance etc. are right up there with the worst of them.
    05-22-13 04:08 AM
    It's kinda surprising how Google was able to take something as simple as "maps", make it AWESOME, and then make it free to consumers, yet charge corporations and advertisers.

Data mine.
    05-28-13 02:12 AM
    Data mine.
    Now they want you to buy Glass so that they can extend StreetView into being "InYourHouseView, InsideYourBusinessView, InYourCarView".
    "WhateverIsn'tAnyOfYourBusinessView".

No Thanks. I Un-Googled my self many months ago. The only service of theirs I still use is Youtube. That's it, and I miss NONE of it.
    nquyen likes this.
    05-28-13 12:37 PM
    Oh, sweet! This BlackBerry device sure looks awesome! I hope it's not just a rumour and it actually comes out.
    05-28-13 12:41 PM

Way to extrapolate that from the 1 thing they've done well that benefits users.
    canuckvoip likes this.
    05-28-13 01:26 PM
    HTML 5, its here!

I definitely agree with you OP about snowballing. I think its already starting. Anyone who doesnt see this as a good thing for consumers is a blind fanboy.
    Acumenight likes this.
    05-28-13 01:27 PM
    HTML 5, its here!

I definitely agree with you OP about snowballing. I think its already starting. Anyone who doesnt see this as a good thing for consumers is a blind fanboy.
    I started beating our manufacturers over the head with this. They make apps for office PBX access. They pick and choose what platform to support AND NOW THEY DON'T HAVE TO!
    Yay! It might take a year, but it is the way!
    Acumenight likes this.
    05-28-13 02:02 PM
    HTML5, don't be fooled. The Facebook app for Android was wrote in html5 and it was so bad it had to be re-wrote in native code. Native is _always_ better.
    05-29-13 07:59 AM