07-13-12 11:43 AM
55 123
tools
    i kinda revamped .. 2 ways .. what do you think .. SORRY KEVIN !!! your logo is still there though
    AsBloodRunsBlack likes this.
    12-14-11 03:31 PM
    i kinda revamped .. 2 ways .. what do you think .. SORRY KEVIN !!! your logo is still there though
    You know the most scathing criticism I saw of the Torch 9850 was, I qoute, "If this phone features Liquid Graphics then the buttons at the bottom of the screen are huge boulders interrupting the flow"

I found myself agreeing.
    12-14-11 05:29 PM
    12-14-11 05:33 PM
    Whel how would you change te look of the blackberry milan?
    I'll take it as-is if they have 90% of the bugs worked out. I'd rather have a bold touch style bb10 phone, but I'll end up getting this one way or the other... Who can resist?? hahaha
    12-14-11 08:58 PM
    I think it is good the way it is. Perhaps if the BlackBerry logo functioned as a trackpad without being raised that would be neat but for the most part I think it is fine. Everyone is just used to one way. Although pin pointing where to put the cursor with your finger is a pain in the *** in my opinion - This is where the precision of the trackpad comes in handy.
    12-14-11 09:51 PM
    Noooooooooo!
    12-14-11 11:41 PM
    I would get rid of the slider. If Blackberry releases their first QNX phone as a slider, it will be dismissed by current smartphone shoppers as antiquated. Keyboards and flip phones are the past, touchscreen is the present. They need an IPhone and Android killer, a slider phone is not the ticket.
    12-16-11 10:52 PM
    That's why they're releasing a complete touchscreen phone first.
    meganVee and jkomo001 like this.
    12-17-11 01:51 AM
    If they do what android is doing on ice cream sandwich and put the original buttons on the screen that would be cool to me.
    mithrazor likes this.
    01-01-12 07:36 PM
    I couldn't disagree more that keyboard phones are a thing of the past.
    jkomo001 likes this.
    01-01-12 11:23 PM
    Like the Touchscreen on my PlayBook, which has become the default keyboard. I also like the Torch layout. I find fingernails on the keyboard better than my fat thumbs on the touchscreen when the PB is not with me. So for my use, all is good
    01-02-12 06:51 PM
    I couldn't disagree more that keyboard phones are a thing of the past.
    We're glad you can disagree, however, for some folks, a physical keyboard isn't an option, no matter how much someone else dislikes them, or thinks them redundant.

I concur that I'd prefer to see at least some arc to the keys. The fact those keys have scalloping may help, but don't completely make them a straight line, it just. Whether a car, phone, or person, a little Curve is just more appealing.

On a larger screen, say, a tablet, touchscreen is a lot better, but even then, for a lot of typing, keyboards are still quite desirable.
    Last edited by BergerKing; 01-02-12 at 08:28 PM.
    01-02-12 07:52 PM
    Nice job. I like the blackberry button and trackpad one. It would be cool if they came out with both of them. Then it would be your choice. I doubt it though lol.

I think BB should have two phones. The torch and the Bold. And just have different types of them.
    01-03-12 02:06 AM
    I would prefer a keyboard over a touchscreen any day. Thats just me though. The reason I like the keyboard is when u are typing a keyboard doesnt take up half your screen. also fingerprints on phones always look bad. And i find typing with a physical keyboard easier and faster for me to type.
    01-03-12 02:10 AM
    for a slider the torch is great. All rim has go to do is make the torch on a bigger scale to allow for the bigger screen real estate. Really simple.the form factor of the torch as far as the way it feel in your hands and such can't really be beat. really to be me ( and this is just a personal opinion ) I would take the 9850/9860 form on a slider and be happy.
    01-03-12 09:40 AM
    I would get rid of the slider. If Blackberry releases their first QNX phone as a slider, it will be dismissed by current smartphone shoppers as antiquated. Keyboards and flip phones are the past, touchscreen is the present. They need an IPhone and Android killer, a slider phone is not the ticket.
    i think the physical keyboard is the only thing keeping me with RIM. if it's just a glass brick you might as well pick a S3 or an iphone
    02-04-12 07:56 PM
    - Curved Keyboard
    - trackpad
    - Talk, End, BB and back button

Those are what make a BB be a BB
    02-08-12 08:05 AM
    What is it with RIM these days? NO MORE CUTTING CORNERS!!!! Square these new devices off!!
    02-10-12 12:31 AM
    I also really want a sliding keyboard - I like the Torch because I can have a touch device but still use keys when I want to. I don't know how popular the Torch is in the general marketplace vs. other BBs, but I love it and will be hard pressed to decide what phone to buy if they don't have the same form factor more or less in the new generation of phones. I try occasionally to use the onscreen keyboard but it's so little that I always make hash of it. I have no trouble with the onscreen keyboard on the Playbook because it's just large enough that I can type on it with ten fingers like any other keyboard.
    02-14-12 12:56 PM
    Maybe it is just me when I think this, but why can't blackberry come out with a phone that looks and feels like a bold or curve with the qwerty board we so love and have a touch screen on its normal screen. A boy can dream I guess because from the sounds of it that's not happening anytime soon.
    02-14-12 02:47 PM
    Maybe it is just me when I think this, but why can't blackberry come out with a phone that looks and feels like a bold or curve with the qwerty board we so love and have a touch screen on its normal screen. A boy can dream I guess because from the sounds of it that's not happening anytime soon.
    BlackBerry - Bold 9790 - BlackBerry 9790 Touch - BlackBerry Bold Touch 9790 - Canada
    02-22-12 04:33 PM
    definitely need a trackpad! it makes everything so much more convenient, don't have to reach up more and touch, instead scroll and click. maybe take out the blackberry logo, and just have the logo without the words to the side of a trackpad there (where the logo is in the pic). that would suite me atleast
    03-04-12 01:15 AM
    That's why they're releasing a complete touchscreen phone first.
    03-30-12 01:39 PM
    Really? I would scrap that Android wannabe. Its so boring and the shape is wrong.

Android already does that look so they need to differentiate. One way is the use of materials that would give it a more premium look. As I mentioned in other threads, glass, steel, aluminum, carbon fibre, use those to make it a truly high end and unique feeling phone again. Don't copy what Motorola is doing.

Also, put the Trackpad on there. I don't need the four other buttons(they are clumsy on my current phone and would be on this) but the trackpad is a necessity and a true differentiator from the other platforms because it gives the user that much more flexibility than a home button on iOS does.

Square up the corners, hard lines with a nice curve down the side with the buttons built flush into it.
    04-17-12 09:55 PM
    I think that for the people that want their Milan noticed from 10 feet away, the fact that it will be a portrait slider will already narrow people's guess down significantly.

As for call/menu/back/end buttons, how about soft the 4 soft keys with haptic feedback when the phone is unlocked or roused, with an embedded trackpad in the bezel as mentioned earlier is a great idea. Sort of how the android devices have it. the bezel could still have touch sensitivity for swipe gestures and press/hold functionality for buttons? If this phone had these features and wasn't as fat as the 9800/10 (which was a major deal breaker for me) then it would be perfect.
    The Blade phone proposed in another thread is a sort of derivative of the Milan which looks great too

Sent from my BlackBerry 9700 using Tapatalk
    jkomo001 likes this.
    04-20-12 04:59 AM
55 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD