12-05-10 11:00 PM
100 ... 234
tools
    VZW is launching LTE on 12/6. However handsets won't be available until after the tradeshow in January where VZW is going to launch them. So only notebook cards for day 1.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I actually am changing my tune and don't think we will see the S3 till the PB is released. However, for the sake of arguement here, Engine isn't the LTE chips backwards compatable? So could they release a 4g device right now that would be usable when the LTE network becomes available?
    And yes I understand the other part of your arguement, in that, Verizon is waiting to show off all these LTE device at CTIA or CES or The S3 Show or whatever it's called in jan. Therefore they probably arent gonna release any 4G phones now and steal that thunder they may have at the show.
    11-17-10 03:16 PM
    MattyG- yes the LTE phones have to support the CDMA rev A network. While VZW is launching a very large and substantial network at once, it won't cover everywhere yet. So you have to be able to fall back to 3g for data when you move out of an LTE area.

So they definately coupd release a device today and disable LTE and them turn that on in a few months as part of an MR. But I don't think they have any plans to so that. Some rumors say that is a part of the delay on the HTC Merge but who knows.

Keep in mind though that this is how Sprint did thru WiMax implementation and how VZW did the 3G or Ev Do rollout. Notebook cards first and then a few months later start with phones. Look at how long Sprint at that WiMax mobile got spot before the Evo came. Its just the way its done. I don't know why except for ramping up the usage and ensuring you can fix any problems before a large # of consumers start gang banging it.

I know, I wish RIM had a QNX storm out now and then just turned on 4G later as well. But apparently they need more time with QNX before they are ready.

MattyG27 likes this.
    11-17-10 04:24 PM
    I started this thread last month, & I have already changed my 'plan'...so to speak.
    I used my 'alternate upgrade' & got a free Motorola Droid 2 from Best Buy (I chose that over the Incredible). I Got tired of not hearing ANYTHING definitive from RIM for us Storm chasers to go on.
    I must say that the Droid 2 is a SICK device & I don't regret changing. Of course, there r things about the Droid 2 that could be better, & the new Droid 2 Global addresses none of those issues. The fact that I paid $0 b/c Best Buy was making room for the Global makes the switch even sweeter.
    My upgrade is June '11, & can only hope that RIM will be competing at a higher level by then, with the anticipated QNX Storm 3! If so, I'll be back...unless the Motorola Droid T2 blows EVERYTHING out of the water!!! Then maybe not ;-)
    Last edited by Stixx Bixby; 11-18-10 at 07:23 PM.
    11-18-10 07:19 PM
    I bought the original Storm the day that they came out and I'm still using it. I would really like to upgrade to a newer technology for all the reasons that we have been talking about. My contract with Verizon is over so no reason to stay there. I'm getting quite fed up with Verizon and BB for all the delays in bringing out the new product. Originally everyone was saying that the new Storm would be out by now. Now we are hearing about some what of an upgrade early next year with a bigger upgrade later next year. I'm now ready to bite the bullet and go to AT&T for the new BB there or switch to a Droid or Windows platform.
    Too bad, BB should be better than this.
    11-22-10 10:20 AM
    hey.. can anyone confirm this article? Blackberry Storm 3 release date | Buzz Biz News

this is the 2nd time this news outlet has posted something to that effect so I'm curious if anyone here with real contacts can confirm this as true?
    11-23-10 08:19 AM
    hey.. can anyone confirm this article? Blackberry Storm 3 release date | Buzz Biz News

this is the 2nd time this news outlet has posted something to that effect so I'm curious if anyone here with real contacts can confirm this as true?
    Fat chance. We would have seen a leak by now if it were coming next month.
    11-23-10 09:47 AM
    11-23-10 03:53 PM
    It's the same article, just cause todays date is in the corner doesn't mean it's from today. We won't be seeing the S3 till **** freezes over, so this site can make up all the BS they want.
    11-23-10 04:25 PM
    It's the same article, just cause todays date is in the corner doesn't mean it's from today. We won't be seeing the S3 till **** freezes over, so this site can make up all the BS they want.
    Face it, like I told you last week, a non Corp rep told me this news and here we are.

11-23-10 06:44 PM
    Not to add fuel to the fire but British turbo did tweet the other day that it would be a good thanksgiving for Android and a very good x mas for BlackBerry. He usually is accurate on inside info. So something could be up. VZW releases LTE on 12/6 but is already advertising it. Maybe they are going to sneak in a device or 2 for the holidays. Who knows

11-23-10 07:09 PM
    I'm telling you Mike's is gonna pull something out on Dec 6-7th
    11-23-10 08:10 PM
    Face it, like I told you last week, a non Corp rep told me this news and here we are.

Face what? Here we are right before the biggest shopping day of the year and no leaked pic, no nothing? So what are u implying?
    Look not addicted I'd love to believe this rep and maybe what Engine said is right also, but even if Lazaridis shows the phone at D it could be a whole PB thing. So he shows it and says this is what we are working on, but then doesn't give a release date again and just tells us a quarter timeframe. Basically just to build up excitement like they did for the PB.
    However if your right, and RIM did pull off no leaks all the way to the end testing before release and it comes out for Xmas that'd be awesome. Then you can say I told you so and your post was right all along and whatever else floats your boat. Cause at that point I'd be happier then a pig in ish and really would be too excited to care about everything in the past and how we were left in the dark so long. Since RIM would be giving all us Storm owners what we want and they'd also be getting a headstart on the iPhone on VZ. Therefore I hope your absolutely right, I'm just having a tough time seeing it.

Last edited by MattyG27; 11-24-10 at 08:39 AM.
    thunder88 likes this.
    11-24-10 06:35 AM
    Face what? Here we are right before the biggest shopping day of the year and no leaked pic, no nothing? So what are u implying?
    Look not addicted I'd love to believe this rep and maybe what Engine said is right also, but even if Lazaridis shows the phone at D it could be a whole PB thing. So he shows it and says this is what we are working on, but then doesn't give a release date again and just tells us a quarter timeframe. Basically just to build up excitement like they did for the PB.
    However if your right, and RIM did pull off no leaks all the way to the end testing before release and it comes out for Xmas that'd be awesome. Then you can say I told you so and your post was right all along and whatever else floats your boat. Cause at that point I'd be happier then a pig in ish and really would be too excited to care about everything in the past and how we were left in the dark so long. Since RIM would be giving all us Storm owners what we want and they'd also be getting a headstart on the iPhone on VZ. Therefore I hope your absolutely right, I'm just having a tough time seeing it.

I feel you Matt. I believe they have been quiet due to all the complaints, so it will be a big surprise. But I'm not about proving points, but you just seemed so sure so I followed up with a link. But anyways, we shall see.
    11-24-10 09:32 AM

^ what he said
    11-24-10 10:14 AM
    I feel you Matt. I believe they have been quiet due to all the complaints, so it will be a big surprise. But I'm not about proving points, but you just seemed so sure so I followed up with a link. But anyways, we shall see.
    I hear ya buddy and I'm not trying argue so much against you personally, it's just believing reps often leads nowhere. Even these online sites just make up hear say BS on stuff that half the time could be just coming from people guessing in these forums. Just like myself and a lot of others on here, anything we hear we wanna share, so I appreciate your initial post. At this point too it's almost like we wanna believe anything that might be possible just cause we are so frustrated.
    However, Verizon reps and even managers really have no clue what is coming out half the time. So althou you spoke to a non-corp rep I'm still hesitant to believe it. A friend of mine was a Verizon manager for years and she had no clue what was in line next. I told her the release date of the first Storm before she even knew. I also have a guy I know that works for Motorola, now they on the other hand gets lots of info on new stuff. He's had phones in his hand that weren't gonna be out for months. I guess kinda like RIM USED to be, only now we get nothing.
    I guess really only time will tell, but like I said I really do hope that the info you were told was correct.
    11-24-10 10:22 AM
    I can't wait to see whats in store for blackberry, i just hope they get to keep up with all of the other technologies that are comming out which im sure they will !!!

Cant wait to get my hands on the new storm but whennnnn ????
    11-24-10 12:24 PM
    Fat chance. We would have seen a leak by now if it were coming next month.
    I fully agree. I would love to see the Storm 3 soon, however we would indeed see way more leaks by now if there was any chance of release next month. I hope I am wrong, however I do not think we are even close...
    11-25-10 09:46 AM
    I fully agree. I would love to see the Storm 3 soon, however we would indeed see way more leaks by now if there was any chance of release next month. I hope I am wrong, however I do not think we are even close...
    I think you are exactly right. Because there are no leaks, test model sightings, or even whispered rumors it's not close to being released.
    11-25-10 08:54 PM
    I have a few months before I can upgrade so I don't feel any urgency waiting for a new release. I am 100% satisified with my Storm 2 (I was also happy with my Storm 1) and, if it comes to Verizon, I will upgrade to the Storm 3.

11-25-10 09:59 PM
    im hoping for one soon because quiet frankly im getting tired of my 8530
    12-02-10 02:04 PM
    or a storm 2 for now would be nice haha any donations 0_o
    12-02-10 02:05 PM
    If it is LTE and uses the new operating system (not OS6) I will definitely make the move.
    12-02-10 02:44 PM
    I have 3 lines ready for upgrade now just waiting for the next storm to blow in.
    12-02-10 07:42 PM
    I've had lines available since October - and i'm tired of waiting...I would hope BB comes out with something new (on Verizon)!
    12-03-10 11:36 AM
    still using the 8330

Im trying to wait for the storm3. Playing with the torch it just isnt up to what it should have been..everything it seems, including my microwave has a faster processor... unacceptable for a 2010 device in my opinion.

I hope they get it right with the storm 3 or im jumping ship for now to android
    12-05-10 11:00 PM
100 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD