12-05-10 11:00 PM
100 1234
tools
    I'm waiting. If it's crap I'm getting an Android.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-07-10 05:30 PM
    Well the Playbook needed to be announced so people would know RIM was in the tablet game for sure imo. With all the problems the Storm series has had, I'm sure they want to wait until they know for sure that everything they want to do with it can be done.

If it's crap, I might still get it. I mean, I still own a Storm 1 haha
    11-08-10 03:37 PM
    I will probably get the new Storm, but only if it is OS6 avaiable and has major hardware upgrades (hopefully that picture of the Storm with the full, large capacitive touch screen (no sure press) and with the trackpad and possible front facing camera).

I initially was not going to get this phone and wait for the LTE Storm4, but since that is supposedly not coming for a while (since it would have the QNX software or whatever which isn't coming for some time according to rumors). BUT... my S2 is really starting to fail me. As of a few days ago I've been having random reboots, very laggy and slow OS (even though I didn't download any new apps) and my hardware is a mess (the phone is almost falling apart... which is my fault, but still a problem).
    11-08-10 04:42 PM
    I've been BB user for over 2 years but finally gave up on waiting for a decent touchscreen. I want the Torch but that ain't never coming to VZW. Jumped on the Droid Pro today for $179. Never used android OS before but I can't wait for RIM anymore!!!
    11-09-10 06:04 AM
    Still using my Storm 1. Still waiting to use my upgrade for the next Storm. And waiting...and waiting...and waiting...and waiting...
    11-09-10 05:02 PM
    Still using my Storm 1. Still waiting to use my upgrade for the next Storm. And waiting...and waiting...and waiting...and waiting...
    lol wow you have patience my friend haha, respect.
    11-09-10 08:08 PM
    there are more of us out there than you think.. I'm still rockin a storm 1. I just hope its worth the wait.. this silence about new products is killing me.
    11-11-10 12:44 PM
    Althou I know the chances are very slim, I'm still hoping were gonna see something for the holidays, not holding my breath thou.
    11-11-10 03:43 PM
    I've been BB user for over 2 years but finally gave up on waiting for a decent touchscreen. I want the Torch but that ain't never coming to VZW. Jumped on the Droid Pro today for $179. Never used android OS before but I can't wait for RIM anymore!!!
    See, you're like me.......I've been waiting since my Ne2 was up this summer. My S1 have been giving me problems lately and my wife got her 1st smartphone last week (Fascinate) and she loves it. I may be leaning towards the other new Samsung that VZW released yesterday.

Let this S1 die on me one more time.........
    11-12-10 05:32 AM
    See, you're like me.......I've been waiting since my Ne2 was up this summer. My S1 have been giving me problems lately and my wife got her 1st smartphone last week (Fascinate) and she loves it. I may be leaning towards the other new Samsung that VZW released yesterday.

Let this S1 die on me one more time.........
    If you can wait a little longer. I think the HTC incredible HD will be out in Jan. Its 4G.

11-12-10 05:53 AM
    If you can wait a little longer. I think the HTC incredible HD will be out in Jan. Its 4G.

The HTC phones that are coming out first of the year - may just kill RIM if they don't get the LTE Storm3 out first of January. At this point as a Storm1 and now Storm2 owner - I am not waiting for RIM to get their act together. As soon as the HTC Incredible HD comes out I am leaving BB. My contract is up with VZW is up next week and VZW/RIM have failed to offer me a touch screen BB to move to - very poor planning if you ask me.

I stood in line to get a Storm1 two years ago and after four faulty devices they sent me a Storm2 and after the initial excitement over having the better Storm2 I have found that it is just as much a piece of sh!t as the Storm1. I hate the clicking on the Storm which is noisier on the Storm2 than the Storm1. The phone is heavy, thick and slow as ****.

RIM really dropped the ball when it came to competing with Apple. Clearly HTC and Samsung have figured out how to compete in the touch screen market. RIM has FAILED.
    11-12-10 09:48 AM
    I am with you 2005CTS. And I don't know how confident I am in RIM deploying a QNX OS well. They will be starting all over again. At least android is getting to be somewhat mature. There are definate tradeoffs between BB and Android but I think I will much happier over there. We will see what RIM does with QNX and maybe I'll be back by next go around.

11-12-10 10:31 AM
    I have till July for my NE2 so I have the luxury I guess you could say to hang out and see what happens
    11-12-10 11:24 AM
    I'm with 2005CTS and The Engine on moving on to the Incredible HD. It has basically gotten to the point of beyond frustration waiting for this phone. It's completely poor planning on their part. They have to know that all their original Storm owners or even Storm 2 owners are coming due for either a NE2 or an upgrade and they have nothing to offer right now for those people, it's ridiculious!!
    Their first problem was that they dropped the ball on even thinking the 9570 was gonna be a worth-while touchscreen phone to even develop, let alone release. The refreshes with the physical keyboard phones is fine because really they aren't competing against anything much better. However, RIM's consumer touchscreen phone is competing against the likes of the iPhone, Droids and now Windows7. I mean what the **** were they thinking when the iPhone4 came out this past summer and they got this sweet 9570 sitting in development? Are they really thinking it has a chance?? They obvious did since it took them until Sept to cancel it!! Then when they see the light of day, they decide to cancel it, only now they have nothing ready to replace it.
    With all this being said, part of me wants to believe RIM really can't be this stupid and not either, have a QNX Storm ready to go, OR they are pushing very hard right now to get it out ASAP. So that's why I'm thinking it's gotta be either ready now or by at least Jan before these other new LTE phones come out, or they are in deep ish.
    God only knows what's going on behind the scenes, maybe RIM could learn from Captain Hindsight and he could tell them everything they should've done so they wouldn't look like idiots right now.
    This way they won't have to use the "Lebron technique" by saying, "Were sorry, what should we have done? Should we admit we made mistakes? Should we really believe we ruined our legacy by letting all this other phones catch up to us and then completely bypass us while we stand still? What should we have done? Should we just let ourselves disappear and let Apple and Droid take over? Should we have listened to the market and realized we were behind and we really need to step it up. What should we have done? Should we admit we were wrong, and ask for our Storm owners forgiveness and hope they have the patience to wait for another device. Nah screw that, $%^&'em they can wait....
    See ya RIM!!
    Last edited by MattyG27; 11-12-10 at 03:39 PM.
    11-12-10 03:25 PM
    damn MattyG. Stay away from public places for a few hours, 'Kay?

I think the Storm 3 is held captive by VZW's LTE launch and Smartphone roll out. Even the earliest rumors about S3 said it would be LTE. Makes sense when VZW commissioned the Storm line. I think they always intended S3 to be their "BLAOW! HOW YOU LIKE ME NOW!" device. Of course that may mean resetting it to ensure that it has the latest hardware and software. So I think between LTE and some delays to get the most cutting edge hardware (armada 628?) and software (QNX?) they are just trying to ensure they deliver a truly competitive device. All that being said all we have is rumors and the droid army continues to March.

The 9570 was a hairbrained scheme to have another device support OS6 and to have something for Q4. What do we have 2 BB6 devices at this stage? I think they wanted a third out there.

RIM may well deliver but at this point I will let some other folks Beta test QNX. I already out in my time on 4.7, 5, and SurePress and the storm in general.

11-12-10 04:05 PM
    Haha!! What you didn't like my Lebron technique rant Engine? I thought it was pretty good;p
    11-12-10 04:51 PM
    IDK about Lebron. I was thinking more like Clark Griswald at the end of Christmas Vacation. That kind of post gets read to the jury because you are accused of mass murder occurring later that day.

LOL.

11-12-10 06:47 PM
    Jumped ship to a DroidX more than a month ago.
    I had a S1 and a S2.
    11-15-10 06:54 PM
    Was just told a storm 3 is coming out b4 the end of the year. Source VZ rep. Non corporate VZ store. I went in there to get a storm 2 case and they didn't have the case or model out anymore because they are making way for the storm 3.

Last edited by not_addicted77; 11-15-10 at 08:04 PM.
    11-15-10 07:55 PM
    Seriously not addicted and you believed this person??
    11-15-10 08:03 PM
    Seriously not addicted and you believed this person??
    Yes sirrrrrr. Wish I had a link, photo, recording, etc to show u. My up grade is not until March. So far my mind still sayin DX or maybe this new Lte stuff.

UPDATE... have a link now

Blackberry Storm 3 release date | Buzz Biz News

Last edited by not_addicted77; 11-23-10 at 03:54 PM.
    11-15-10 08:11 PM
    and waiting...and waiting...and waiting...
    11-16-10 04:47 PM
    I'm beginning to think the end of year storm 3 is a possibility. My brother works as a cellular system installer in NYC Michigan and Ohio markets, and he said the 3g to LTE upgrade contract (at least in nyc) is complete the first week of december. that and seeing the leaked promo for the LTE modems seems to point to "4g" coming before end of year, or first thing next year.
    11-17-10 07:12 AM
    I'm beginning to think the end of year storm 3 is a possibility. My brother works as a cellular system installer in NYC Michigan and Ohio markets, and he said the 3g to LTE upgrade contract (at least in nyc) is complete the first week of december. that and seeing the leaked promo for the LTE modems seems to point to "4g" coming before end of year, or first thing next year.
    VZW is launching LTE on 12/6. However handsets won't be available until after the tradeshow in January where VZW is going to launch them. So only notebook cards for day 1.

11-17-10 07:34 AM
    OK so when is a touch Blackberry going to be made available to every carrier in the US? Sorry but not going to pay Verizon ton's more when I get identical coverage and speed from Sprint for much less, or AT&T (Torch) much more for their joke of a 3G network. And I don't need the phone to have LTE or WiMax, RevA CDMA works just fine and I want GSM radio for when I travel internationally.
    11-17-10 08:50 AM
100 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD