View Poll Results: How Divided Are We? What Do You Want For the Next Device?

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • All’s Well

3 5.77%
  • Bigger

5 9.62%
  • Smaller

12 23.08%
  • Priv Style

21 40.38%
  • Passport Dreams

8 15.38%
  • Don’t Care

3 5.77%
05-16-19 04:36 PM
118 ... 345
tools
  1. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    I seriously question if we see another BlackBerry phone from TCL.....

How long can you milk old phones (Key1,2)?.....

2020?....

Posted via CB10
    04-12-19 07:46 AM
    I seriously question if we see another BlackBerry phone from TCL.....

How long can you milk old phones (Key1,2)?.....

2020?....

Posted via CB10
    I have some doubts about that too....

But it does make sense for a niche manufacture to lengthen their update cycle. Reality is most are keeping devices well over two years now. So a 18 - 24 month product cycle isn't out of reason. Especially with as little changes as mid grade hardware sees at this point. A SD 670 isn't going to really excite a lot of existing owners, and I'm not sure there is much of a pool for new customers at this point. Enterprise is still a area where they could pick up more growth.... the adding of Verizon as a supplier is a very positive move (if it ever happens).

But in the end it's a crap shoot if TCL or BlackBerry is making any money on this program, and if either is really interested in it continuing past this year.
    04-12-19 08:48 AM
    Quality - Quality - Quality is SO important ... not sure TCL gave us that.

And they are not making other phones that are not keyboard (which most of the population want).

I think you need both, to survive.

If you want keyboard devices you need a really good quality phone non-keyboard that sells and makes the Company some money :P
    04-12-19 11:09 AM
    Quality - Quality - Quality is SO important ... not sure TCL gave us that.

And they are not making other phones that are not keyboard (which most of the population want).

I think you need both, to survive.

If you want keyboard devices you need a really good quality phone non-keyboard that sells and makes the Company some money :P
    Tax is too high on BlackBerry products... few bought the Aurora, Motion or Evolve. As they were simply too poor of a value in today market (Huawei and OnePlus are killing flagship values - in a good way for consumers). If more people placed a value on DTEK and Android Secure... maybe a SLAB would have a chance. But as it is, it's really only the PKB that is able to distract users enough to get them to overlook the other issues.

Only need both formats, if there are enough customers buying to make them viable... while many here want another Slab, or Slider, or smaller PKB, or wider PKB. It's not enough to be profitable with BBMo's costs and price points.

The dream that TCL communications could do for the BlackBerry brand what OnePlus is doing.... was only a dream.
    04-12-19 02:38 PM
    Tax is too high on BlackBerry products... few bought the Aurora, Motion or Evolve. As they were simply too poor of a value in today market (Huawei and OnePlus are killing flagship values - in a good way for consumers). If more people placed a value on DTEK and Android Secure... maybe a SLAB would have a chance. But as it is, it's really only the PKB that is able to distract users enough to get them to overlook the other issues.

Only need both formats, if there are enough customers buying to make them viable... while many here want another Slab, or Slider, or smaller PKB, or wider PKB. It's not enough to be profitable with BBMo's costs and price points.

The dream that TCL communications could do for the BlackBerry brand what OnePlus is doing.... was only a dream.
    BB may just be an entry point for carrier relationships. Even if the BBMo hardware doesn’t continue, TCL hardware could move into some carriers like how we find TCL brand TVs in major retailers.
    04-12-19 03:27 PM
    Few bought it because people want more (eg like better cameras) and BB doesn't have it. Pretty simple.

Everyone I know has a better camera on their phone, than my Motion has.

Older phones are better than my new phone. In fact, my niece's phone is about 6 yrs old and it has a better camera.

I would have gotten the k2 but the camera was worth it. I can spend a bit more and have a Galaxy.

It's not worth 1 dollar, anymore, of the camera isn't good.

Specs and quality.

At this point, it's impossible to sell people on BB.

04-12-19 07:12 PM
    Few bought it because people want more (eg like better cameras) and BB doesn't have it. Pretty simple.

Older phones are better than my new phone. In fact, my niece's phone is about 6 yrs old and it has a better camera.

I would have gotten the k2 but the camera was worth it. I can spend a bit more and have a Galaxy.

Specs and quality.

A quality phone camera certainly seems to matter to many consumers. In fact, for many people they see their mobile device as a camera with chat capabilities rather than a phone and email device with a camera attached for convenience.

Some of us, however, still prioritize calls and and email handling over the camera and screen size/specs. For my purposes, any camera at least as good as my 2013 Z10 is more than sufficient for snapshots of broken parking meters, rental car damage, competitors' booths at trade shows, and the other mundane uses of a business leader who's often on the road. On the rare occasions when I post a photo to LinkedIn or one of my company's blogs,the quality of the pics I snap with my KEYone has never been an issue.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    04-13-19 06:13 AM
    A quality phone camera certainly seems to matter to many consumers. In fact, for many people they see their mobile device as a camera with chat capabilities rather than a phone and email device with a camera attached for convenience.

Some of us, however, still prioritize calls and and email handling over the camera and screen size/specs. For my purposes, any camera at least as good as my 2013 Z10 is more than sufficient for snapshots of broken parking meters, rental car damage, competitors' booths at trade shows, and the other mundane uses of a business leader who's often on the road. On the rare occasions when I post a photo to LinkedIn or one of my company's blogs,the quality of the pics I snap with my KEYone has never been an issue.

So a quality phone doesn't include prioritize calls and and email?

The Motion is so bad for calls you can hardly hear... ticks me off.

Phone is important.. And email... calendar... something that has been a problem. Not good quality.

And camera IS important. I had z10.... lmao it's fine.

It all counts. The email, the phone, calendar, and pictures... and more.

You are a bad BB person if you think we need a better camera ...

lol

Need to prioritize the over all phone industry ...phone, email, camera, ram, battery and more. It all counts.... If BB wants to keep going.
    04-13-19 08:07 AM
    So a quality phone doesn't include prioritize calls and and email?

The Motion is so bad for calls you can hardly hear... ticks me off.

Phone is important.. And email... calendar... something that has been a problem. Not good quality.

And camera IS important. I had z10.... lmao it's fine.

It all counts. The email, the phone, calendar, and pictures... and more.

You are a bad BB person if you think we need a better camera ...

lol

Need to prioritize the over all phone industry ...phone, email, camera, ram, battery and more. It all counts.... If BB wants to keep going.
    Not sure why you're laughing. All I said was that I don't care about camera quality. I would even consider a phone with no camera at all. You have your priorities. I have mine, and BBMo has theirs. If BBMo doesn't meet my needs I won't buy one, same as you. We don't have to value the same things.

The whole point of this thread is that we don't all agree on what the next phone should be!

04-13-19 08:37 AM

Specs and quality.

The Aurora, Motion and Evolve, unfortunately, are the best that could be delivered from the respective licensees at reasonable level of pricing. The BBTax is too much for most consumers who don't really care about BBAndroid compared with regular Android when buying VKB hardware. That's why so many of us here recommend buying a different VKB phone and installing BBApp Suite or whatever it's called.

For the BBTax charge from BB to it's licensees, the licensees need to sell more phones or it's just not worth anyone's time. Obviously, that's why the focus has been on PKB devices, however, the same laws of economics still apply.
    04-13-19 09:25 AM
    Or just build a good keyboard. They haven't even figured out that part yet, let alone the camera and all the rest of the TCL baggage like peeling screens and loose space bars.
    04-13-19 11:33 AM
  12. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Or just build a good keyboard. They haven't even figured out that part yet, let alone the camera and all the rest of the TCL baggage like peeling screens and loose space bars.
    They built a good keyboard on Passport...on bold 9900....

Posted via CB10
    Tim-ANC likes this.
    04-14-19 08:20 AM
    It's annoying to be obsessed with a design destined never to be produced. I take it you're talking about this Passport SE-inspired design? It's a very nice concept.

For years, I've wanted this one.

Someone should just make it already. That's a phone I'd shell out iPhone-level cash to get.
    Oh yeah. Loved the Blade concept
    Shuswap likes this.
    04-14-19 09:26 AM
    Oh yeah. Loved the Blade concept
    I agree. I would jump on that phone in a heartbeat.
    Tim-ANC and Shuswap like this.
    04-14-19 09:28 AM
    Not sure why you're laughing. All I said was that I don't care about camera quality. I would even consider a phone with no camera at all. You have your priorities. I have mine, and BBMo has theirs. If BBMo doesn't meet my needs I won't buy one, same as you. We don't have to value the same things.

The whole point of this thread is that we don't all agree on what the next phone should be!

I don't put a priority on camera quality either. I do use and want a camera but it doesn't need to be Samsung quality. If BBMo needs to skimp here, I'm fine with it.
    04-14-19 09:29 AM
    They did build a great keyboard, and it's in the LE.

The KEYone's is really nice too, it's just too bad it has a glossy finish.
    04-14-19 02:40 PM
    priv2 is the best format for me
    05-16-19 04:33 PM
    Divided? You'll take what's offered and like it.
    the_boon and Smokeaire like this.
    05-16-19 04:36 PM
118 ... 345