View Poll Results: How Divided Are We? What Do You Want For the Next Device?

Voters
58. You may not vote on this poll
  • All’s Well

7 12.07%
  • Bigger

5 8.62%
  • Smaller

13 22.41%
  • Priv Style

21 36.21%
  • Passport Dreams

9 15.52%
  • Don’t Care

3 5.17%
06-28-19 07:57 PM
128 12345 ...
tools
    putting my vote in with the Priv2 crowd.

say what you will about TCL and their default form factor directive, but anywhere I look if BBers were to speak up about what they want next it's always a Priv2 / slider form factor phone.

if TCL is decidedly ignoring this they're missing out on a gold mine just right under their noses.
    Mamaluka likes this.
    10-13-18 08:47 PM
    I would like to see priv-like phone again. It hasn't to be 6 inch or more, 5 inch 1080p (16:9) screen is more than enough to serve the purpose of having the screen real estate for media or even typing, along with slide out keyboard I think it's still pocketable and one-handed-able. Also, a reasonable price.
    the_boon likes this.
    10-14-18 12:49 AM
    Priv 2 or Classic with Android OS. I just cant seem to like the Key series phones. I had used Key One, but didnt like it as it felt like a metallic brick in hands. I havent used Key2, but the silver one in it is eye catching. I still feel even the Key2 balance isnt good, as it has a small screen despite it being a slab. When it comes to balance, Priv was the best. Hence, Priv 2 gets my vote.
    10-14-18 01:38 AM
    If BB developers are listening, I want to get my two cents in. I vote for smaller. K1/2 devices are large enough to tease, but if I really want to go to Web pages or use Android apps I need a larger screen of a tablet size.

I just picked up a Q10 off Amazon and am really liking it. It's taking a little to get used to the keyboard, but for texting it beats VKB hands down. I got this mostly for phone and texts. Email has been a nice bonus. This device may be 5 year old tech, but it's exactly what I need.

Posted via CB10
    10-14-18 02:32 AM
    If BB developers are listening, I want to get my two cents in. I vote for smaller. K1/2 devices are large enough to tease, but if I really want to go to Web pages or use Android apps I need a larger screen of a tablet size.

I just picked up a Q10 off Amazon and am really liking it. It's taking a little to get used to the keyboard, but for texting it beats VKB hands down. I got this mostly for phone and texts. Email has been a nice bonus. This device may be 5 year old tech, but it's exactly what I need.

Posted via CB10
    I think more people are realising that what BlackBerry produced 4-5 years ago is actually sufficient but they've been sucked into believing they need more by the big marketing budgets from both Apple and Samsung!

Posted via BlackBerry Passport
    10-15-18 10:17 AM
    Revive the 3 row keyboard - the phone doesn't have to be a square and I don't want a brick-sized phone.
    10-15-18 11:08 AM
    Priv 2 or Classic with Android OS. I just cant seem to like the Key series phones. I had used Key One, but didnt like it as it felt like a metallic brick in hands. I havent used Key2, but the silver one in it is eye catching. I still feel even the Key2 balance isnt good, as it has a small screen despite it being a slab. When it comes to balance, Priv was the best. Hence, Priv 2 gets my vote.
    The Priv had the worst balance in the hand when typing on the PKB lol
    10-16-18 07:37 AM
    +1

Posted via CB10
    10-16-18 08:23 AM
    Yeah, the Passport was the best device ever, so I'm dreaming of a somehow revived Passport.
    okay, okay, I know a square display is not allowed but it has to be at least 3:2.

Fine for me: why not make the device wider (Passport width which still fits in the back pocket or anywhere a passport would fit in) , and rotate the screen by 90 degrees to "landscape" mode.
    So the device is shorter than the original Passport which allows to add a 4th row of keys or even a toolbar with a physical "hang up" button ...

As said, I know: I'm dreaming
    10-16-18 07:57 PM
    A slider is the only way BlackBerry can expand it's market. In this era, only a small niche will give up 30% of their screen space for a keyboard.
    Jobs said something along the lines of "why have a keyboard permanently take up screen space" when introducing the iPhone in 2007. He had a point, while our niche may disagree with him, most of the market agrees.
    However, a slider, like the PRIV, turns the argument on it's head. Now, instead of giving up about 40% (VKBs tend to be bigger than PKB) of your screen space while typing, you can slide out a keyboard and regain the entire 5.4" AMOLED for your content.
    Trisk333 likes this.
    01-15-19 07:45 AM
    I want something small. Z10 or smaller size, Best would be a slightly scaled up Bold. Not expecting it, but that's my desire.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    elfabio80 likes this.
    01-15-19 09:07 AM
    I would love to see a Priv 2. Although I wasn't a big fan of the keyboard, it was one of the devices I really loved using. Browsing and media consumption on a big screen, and if needed, slide out the keyboard and type away. It was awesome. Too bad it got sluggish for me after some time. Quite happy with the Key2 atm, so I wouldn't mind sticking with this form factor at all.
    tazcubed likes this.
    01-15-19 09:15 AM
    A slider is the only way BlackBerry can expand it's market. In this era, only a small niche will give up 30% of their screen space for a keyboard.
    Jobs said something along the lines of "why have a keyboard permanently take up screen space" when introducing the iPhone in 2007. He had a point, while our niche may disagree with him, most of the market agrees.
    However, a slider, like the PRIV, turns the argument on it's head. Now, instead of giving up about 40% (VKBs tend to be bigger than PKB) of your screen space while typing, you can slide out a keyboard and regain the entire 5.4" AMOLED for your content.
    Personally I'd like to see another Slider...

I don't think BBMo can do a SLAB, and the current PKBs - have things covered. While some want smaller or wider... nether will really work with Android. A Slider would work... but it would come at a cost....
    01-15-19 09:37 AM
    I personally would prefer something smaller than the Key series, but next to that I think I would like the idea of a Priv 2 if they make it a bit smaller, sleeker and better balanced than the PRIV. I dont care if they make it thicker, just make it smaller and more rounded corners.
    01-15-19 11:34 AM
    I'm all for a Priv2 or similar form function. I've picked up a Motion as a stopgap but loved the versatility of my Priv when travelling for work.
    PRIVuser2018 likes this.
    02-27-19 01:59 PM
    the KEY2 keyboard is perfect, but I do miss the bigger display of my PRIV, I would be totally open to a bigger screen device whatever that might look like....
    tazcubed likes this.
    02-27-19 09:43 PM
    a priv2 with a key2 keyboard and a better soc and battery.. really like the form factor but never buy it due to the bad review on the soc and battery..

with the same/improved camera setup but definitely not a 3 or 4 camera lens.. it looks weird..

also comes with android p.. cell reception must be strong like z30.

the only disadvantage is to slide out the keyboard for shortcut keys.. well, we can't have everything..
    Trisk333 likes this.
    02-28-19 10:24 PM
    a priv2 with a key2 keyboard and a better soc and battery.. really like the form factor but never buy it due to the bad review on the soc and battery..

with the same/improved camera setup but definitely not a 3 or 4 camera lens.. it looks weird..

also comes with android p.. cell reception must be strong like z30.

the only disadvantage is to slide out the keyboard for shortcut keys.. well, we can't have everything..
    Where have you heard a bad review on the Snapdragon 660 ?

And how is 16-20 hours with 8 hours SOT bad?
    02-28-19 10:25 PM
    Where have you heard a bad review on the Snapdragon 660 ?

And how is 16-20 hours with 8 hours SOT bad?
    sorry, not making myself clearer.. I mean the bad review on the priv..
    03-01-19 10:05 PM
    I would love for an updated PRIV to drop. I think BBMO understands their market and a new slider with a "pro & LE" version would be great.

I would think it would be around $750 for the pro version and $650 for the LE.
    03-04-19 08:17 AM
    I would love for an updated PRIV to drop. I think BBMO understands their market and a new slider with a "pro & LE" version would be great.

I would think it would be around $750 for the pro version and $650 for the LE.
    It's because they understand the market that there will NOT be another slider.
    03-04-19 04:12 PM
    It's because they understand the market that there will NOT be another slider.
    I guess we will see. Not sure an update KEY3 is going to be anything that will turn heads if it has the same form factor at the current KEY series.
    03-04-19 04:26 PM
    I guess we will see. Not sure an update KEY3 is going to be anything that will turn heads if it has the same form factor at the current KEY series.
    Well, slabmakers have been "turning heads" for several years now, despite making slabs that look nearly identical to their prior versions.

So I don't see why a well-made KEY3 can't do the same..
    03-04-19 04:30 PM
    Right, but comparing all the new slabs to the KEY series is tough. There are also a ton of slabs being released that go completely unnoticed.
    03-04-19 04:32 PM
    Right, but comparing all the new slabs to the KEY series is tough. There are also a ton of slabs being released that go completely unnoticed.
    Slab market is saturated and has been for a while now.

I don't know why there are so many unknown makers around the world that try fitting themselves into that space

In 2019, bring something original or don't bring anything
    Smokeaire and tnewton3 like this.
    03-04-19 05:00 PM
128 12345 ...