View Poll Results: How Divided Are We? What Do You Want For the Next Device?

Voters
58. You may not vote on this poll
  • All’s Well

7 12.07%
  • Bigger

5 8.62%
  • Smaller

13 22.41%
  • Priv Style

21 36.21%
  • Passport Dreams

9 15.52%
  • Don’t Care

3 5.17%
06-28-19 07:57 PM
128 1234 ...
tools
    Some days I visit the Crackberry forums hoping not to see that someone has hijacked a thread to complain about Conite.
    Today is not the day.
    06-09-18 06:24 PM
    They're all too dang big. Priv is a monster. KEYOne is too tall. Passport is too friggin wide! A slider the size of a Pre3 but a bit thinner, with less bezel for a larger screen, would be ideal for me.
    ominaxe likes this.
    06-09-18 07:12 PM
    I suspect it's easier to stuff all those components into a square body. Rounded coroners would mean more customized components, thus more cost... just a guess.

Or maybe they like how it is different...
    I agree. The squared top gives a tad more room. Real estate is valuable when fitting tiny components into a cellphone.
    06-10-18 02:39 AM
    as for the type of phone I would like to see. I would love a Priv2. ít would have slightly rounded corners on the bottom and be made a little lighter. I hope they come out with this when the 5g networks become more available. I know that will not likely be till 2020 or after.
    Steelsheen likes this.
    06-10-18 02:46 AM
    Appreciate original question. Coming from a Q10, I did find my KeyOne big to begin with but actually I have adjusted very well. Am looking forward to the Key2 reviews about weight and balance, as I am hoping the larger keys will mean it won’t feel as top heavy. I loved my Q10 but I think I have moved on.
    Qorax likes this.
    06-10-18 03:15 AM
    Priv 2
    Qorax, aodash and Steelsheen like this.
    06-10-18 05:59 AM
    Priv 2
    Tim-ANC and Steelsheen like this.
    06-16-18 11:57 AM
    @ominaxe great exercise!

For me just want the Passport. Best phone to read docs and emails.

Posted via BlackBerry Passport
    Miguel Ramalho likes this.
    06-17-18 10:04 AM
    @ominaxe great exercise!

For me just want the Passport. Best phone to read docs and emails.

Posted via BlackBerry Passport
    Thanks. It's about time someone chimed in about the Passport. I read all over about Passport fans wishing for an Android sequel, but no one spoke here on this thread. I adored the Passport for reading and the uniqueness, but it was unwieldy for me. Almost as unwieldy as the keyone, which by far tops the charts for uncomfortable hand feel.

I ordered a Gemini PDA from planet computers and am excited to try Android on wide screen. I feel an Android wide screen is more possible than a smaller 9900 version that I want. I'd really like to see BBmo try something new with the Android ratio.
    06-18-18 11:15 AM
    My vote is for a larger screen and wider keyboard

Posted via CB10
    06-18-18 01:27 PM
    My vote is for a larger screen and wider keyboard

Posted via CB10
    And can be achieved with a PRIV2
    Steelsheen likes this.
    06-20-18 06:23 AM
    Since the decision has been made to stick with a 3:2 aspect ratio to compromise between ergonomics and simply being able to use Android properly, if one were to make a shorter device the width of the screen would get impossibly small and have massive bezels.
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...b2cbe1bd7b.jpg
    Dumb question, but I'll ask anyway since I know nothing about this...

Is it possible to take advantage of "Landscape Mode" to get around the aspect ratio requirements of Android?

What I'm suggesting is to tilt the orientation sensor 90deg so that landscape mode takes over as "default?" Maybe it can't be done, but just trying to think out of the box.
    ominaxe likes this.
    07-04-18 12:24 AM
    Dumb question, but I'll ask anyway since I know nothing about this...

Is it possible to take advantage of "Landscape Mode" to get around the aspect ratio requirements of Android?

What I'm suggesting is to tilt the orientation sensor 90deg so that landscape mode takes over as "default?" Maybe it can't be done, but just trying to think out of the box.
    Pretty sure it has to be portrait if you have keys at the bottom. Some apps don't rotate.
    07-04-18 12:26 AM
    Priv2 or Passport 2 please!!!

Posted via CB10
    07-07-18 10:42 AM
    ignoring the realities of android screen formatting... an updated Classic with Android and removable battery. in reality the Keyone/key2 are bloody good and it works for me... and in reality android would be horrible on a square screen
    07-16-18 06:19 AM
    :::::::: BlackBerry Passport Android 2019 ::::::::
    4:3 aspect 5 inch Amoled screen , Bezel Less
    Tool belt with Android navigation, finger print in Trackpad
    3 row keyboard like BlackBerry Passport
    Better Cameras with OIS and Low light capabilities
    Stereo speakers
    BlackBerry Docs to go
    🤓
    07-19-18 01:37 PM
    Stereo speakers
    Office 365 subscription included
    Paratek Antenna
    Mother of all batteries
    Stainless Steel chassis
    Leather back

🤓
    09-24-18 03:30 PM
    The problem is that they keep sticking to those damn square a** top corners, it makes the device look huge.

Grab existing K1, cram the earpiece, selfie cam, light sensor, LED light and instead of that awful top block cap, make it rounded off like the 9900, same for bottom.

Rounding off the device will help give it a more compact feel, I don't understand why BBMo keeps clinging to the Passport's squaredness like it's the only way to go.

Just grab the Classic, stretch it up to have the 3:2 or something.

I really hope the BBE-100 will be a much more round device, it'll look less like a brick.

Stop copying Passport's square top corners with every device! I'm starting to hate the Passport just for that lol
    I'll take the square, angular styling over the rounded iPhone/Pixel look any day.

I think it looks fantastic compared to the notched glass slabs.
    AmritD and Jake2826 like this.
    09-24-18 06:12 PM
    I always though BB should make a full touch device with a keyboard as an accessory.

High end specs and premium pricing.

The keyboard would also include a powerbank.
    09-24-18 07:54 PM
    Stereo speakers
    BlackBerry Docs to go
    🤓
    Dream machine

Posted via CB10
    09-26-18 06:37 AM
    KEY² V.2 or an updated PRIV design. Honestly I'll take anything that runs on Verizon.
    09-30-18 02:20 AM
    PRIV 2
    Steelsheen likes this.
    10-08-18 04:47 PM
    +1 for the updated Passport.
    Would be my dream phone, and I don't mind paying whatever it would cost.
    10-09-18 02:37 PM
    Priv 2 with ONE specific key as trackpad, keyboard thicker (which I know makes the phone thicker) for better keys. On/off key and volume keys moved lower or to right side and lowered out of the way so they aren't getting toggled accidently so much. in fact, put the on/off button on the top( in a valley to protect it )Screen capture not using volume buttons (that get left in the NO SOUND selection and calls are missed-bad problem ).Square corners are fine or rounded-not critical. wireless charging of course. HUGE battery or replaceable like of old days. Headset jack. Non destructable usb connecter that doesn't break. Massive internal storage , Better contact software that doesn't freeze to message/ waiting or closing -10 times a day .and all the typical bells and whistles we love like programmable shortcuts! and security! Hub can go or stay- I don't prefer it...and I would love to not have everything so google centric, but we all need backup .Color it RED and we are done! Silver is fine too, so you can see it on black leather seats. Oh the size needs to stay current priv-ish size for movies, the Passport is too wide for so many people with smaller hands.
    10-09-18 05:31 PM
    Since the decision has been made to stick with a 3:2 aspect ratio to compromise between ergonomics and simply being able to use Android properly, if one were to make a shorter device the width of the screen would get impossibly small and have massive bezels.
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...b2cbe1bd7b.jpg
    Or the Android team would have to allow landscape mode for the home screen, which honestly doesn't seem like a big deal considering any well-designed app should support landscape or portrait mode anyway.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    ominaxe likes this.
    10-09-18 05:34 PM
128 1234 ...