View Poll Results: How Divided Are We? What Do You Want For the Next Device?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • All’s Well

0 0%
  • Bigger

4 12.50%
  • Smaller

8 25.00%
  • Priv Style

14 43.75%
  • Passport Dreams

4 12.50%
  • Don’t Care

2 6.25%
10-16-18 08:57 PM
59 123
tools
    putting my vote in with the Priv2 crowd.

say what you will about TCL and their default form factor directive, but anywhere I look if BBers were to speak up about what they want next it's always a Priv2 / slider form factor phone.

if TCL is decidedly ignoring this they're missing out on a gold mine just right under their noses.
    10-13-18 09:47 PM
    I would like to see priv-like phone again. It hasn't to be 6 inch or more, 5 inch 1080p (16:9) screen is more than enough to serve the purpose of having the screen real estate for media or even typing, along with slide out keyboard I think it's still pocketable and one-handed-able. Also, a reasonable price.
    the_boon likes this.
    10-14-18 01:49 AM
    Priv 2 or Classic with Android OS. I just cant seem to like the Key series phones. I had used Key One, but didnt like it as it felt like a metallic brick in hands. I havent used Key2, but the silver one in it is eye catching. I still feel even the Key2 balance isnt good, as it has a small screen despite it being a slab. When it comes to balance, Priv was the best. Hence, Priv 2 gets my vote.
    10-14-18 02:38 AM
    If BB developers are listening, I want to get my two cents in. I vote for smaller. K1/2 devices are large enough to tease, but if I really want to go to Web pages or use Android apps I need a larger screen of a tablet size.

I just picked up a Q10 off Amazon and am really liking it. It's taking a little to get used to the keyboard, but for texting it beats VKB hands down. I got this mostly for phone and texts. Email has been a nice bonus. This device may be 5 year old tech, but it's exactly what I need.

Posted via CB10
    10-14-18 03:32 AM
    If BB developers are listening, I want to get my two cents in. I vote for smaller. K1/2 devices are large enough to tease, but if I really want to go to Web pages or use Android apps I need a larger screen of a tablet size.

I just picked up a Q10 off Amazon and am really liking it. It's taking a little to get used to the keyboard, but for texting it beats VKB hands down. I got this mostly for phone and texts. Email has been a nice bonus. This device may be 5 year old tech, but it's exactly what I need.

Posted via CB10
    I think more people are realising that what BlackBerry produced 4-5 years ago is actually sufficient but they've been sucked into believing they need more by the big marketing budgets from both Apple and Samsung!

Posted via BlackBerry Passport
    10-15-18 11:17 AM
    Revive the 3 row keyboard - the phone doesn't have to be a square and I don't want a brick-sized phone.
    10-15-18 12:08 PM
    Priv 2 or Classic with Android OS. I just cant seem to like the Key series phones. I had used Key One, but didnt like it as it felt like a metallic brick in hands. I havent used Key2, but the silver one in it is eye catching. I still feel even the Key2 balance isnt good, as it has a small screen despite it being a slab. When it comes to balance, Priv was the best. Hence, Priv 2 gets my vote.
    The Priv had the worst balance in the hand when typing on the PKB lol
    10-16-18 08:37 AM
    +1

Posted via CB10
    10-16-18 09:23 AM
    Yeah, the Passport was the best device ever, so I'm dreaming of a somehow revived Passport.
    okay, okay, I know a square display is not allowed but it has to be at least 3:2.

Fine for me: why not make the device wider (Passport width which still fits in the back pocket or anywhere a passport would fit in) , and rotate the screen by 90 degrees to "landscape" mode.
    So the device is shorter than the original Passport which allows to add a 4th row of keys or even a toolbar with a physical "hang up" button ...

As said, I know: I'm dreaming
    10-16-18 08:57 PM
59 123