I'm really intrested in becoming a beta tester I'm just wondering how it happens and how you get selected I suppose u have to be a owner or moderator on a massive blackberry site or nation as we now call crackberry

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-27-09 01:18 AM
    I'm sure that happens sometimes. But also if you just hang out in the forums you'll see some invites that developers offer on forums like CB.

09-27-09 02:21 AM
    Yeah how about testing like beta devices??

09-27-09 04:29 AM
    Yeah how about testing like beta devices??

You will have to contact RIM about that!

Thnx, Tripster

09-27-09 04:32 AM
    Storm 3 lol that what I like to test run

09-27-09 04:32 AM
    You cannot test the units unless you work for rim, there's no such thing. You can work in the beta testing department, but you'd have to apply, and actually show up to work. They don't randomly select people to test their devices.
    09-27-09 05:34 AM
    There are other ways to test, not just "working" for RIM.

09-27-09 10:31 AM
    Gogi is correct, RIM does not use outside beta testers. You have to work for RIM or be very high up in certain companies like Verizon or AT&T. My contact at Verizon does not even like to show me pre-release phones. No pictures, no software info or anything which can identify the phone. RIM is very strict so I'm not sure where people who post video Etc. get those phones. If RIM found out people would get fired.....Or at least never again see new equipment.
    Last edited by RideMadone; 09-27-09 at 10:48 AM.
    09-27-09 10:41 AM
    Damn looks like my future job is in the rim beta testing department but yeah I mean kevin and salo don't work for rim do they but they both seem to be getting the prerelases.

09-27-09 12:44 PM
    There are other ways to test, not just "working" for RIM.

lol, please enlighten me...unless you own a share of one of the major carriers, or are one of Jim's good buddies, no one from RIM will send you a pre-production device to play with. They're tested and worked on in house, exclusively.
    09-27-09 03:03 PM
    lol, please enlighten me...unless you own a share of one of the major carriers, or are one of Jim's good buddies, no one from RIM will send you a pre-production device to play with. They're tested and worked on in house, exclusively.
    This is incorrect. Certain Partners have access to beta projects. And not just carrier Partners. This has been the case for a while now(over a year), but the new Alliance Member info shows what I said above is true.

09-27-09 03:06 PM
    This is incorrect. Certain Partners have access to beta projects. And not just carrier Partners. This has been the case for a while now(over a year), but the new Alliance Member info shows what I said above is true.

So who makes up the select and elite members group ? Celebrities ? I think everyone knows well that no average Joe CB fan will get an "official" pre release from RIM.
    09-27-09 03:15 PM
    You have to work for a company that is part of the Alliance program. Carriers are part of this, so are other software/hardware development companies in the BlackBerry business. Unless you are a consultant, an individual would have a hard time being part of the Alliance program. Certain investment analysis companies also have Alliance membership.
    09-27-09 03:54 PM
    *sigh* so no like list that I can join and rim will say here you go have a prerelease phone worth about 1000. oh well u can't ask for everything

09-27-09 03:55 PM
    John Mayer had a Bold early.
    09-27-09 04:45 PM
    So who makes up the select and elite members group ? Celebrities ? I think everyone knows well that no average Joe CB fan will get an "official" pre release from RIM.
    I didn't suggest any any way that Joe Q Public could test devices/software. But your statement that it is "only RIM employees and in-house" just isn't accurate. As I stated in my first post, you must be a Partner who has this privilege.
    09-27-09 05:09 PM
    John Mayer had a Bold early.
    I hear those famous people get a lot of things before the general public.
    09-27-09 06:09 PM
    You cannot test the units unless you work for rim, there's no such thing. You can work in the beta testing department, but you'd have to apply, and actually show up to work. They don't randomly select people to test their devices.
    Then how do you think Kevin and other Major Site owners get Un Released BB's?
    09-28-09 04:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD