12-31-11 09:48 PM
33 12
tools
    I am with you. I am a full convert to the BB9810. I think that it is the best device form factor for me and my general use case - which is alot of reading and alot of messaging. It is also unique to the entire phone world (save for a few niche phone) - no one has tried to replicate it. Dell Venue Pro tried - but they messed that up, Palm Pre - oh well.

What I would like to see is the highest pixel screen that makes sense in about a 4 inch screen in a slightly longer (3/8 in more only) Torch (screen pushed to the edges like other phones are starting to do). Same keyboard (no wider phone), with all the same buttons and trackpad - and a little thinner. BB could take the same approach as the new Mot Razr and Droid 4 - super thin for the touch guys, but then add keyboard for those of us who need it. And, the keyboard has got to be vertical. I can't stand that sideways crap. I think that the droid phones fail to recognize that we do not want our thumbs having to travel all over yonder in a broader keyboard.
    Looks your post and mine put together is exactly what RIM is coming out with!!! Check out the Blackberry Milan shown on the cover page of Crackberry!! I think this new BB 10 Milan is going to rock! I will be waiting in line to get one. I'll be freezing my a$$ off out here in WI, but who cares right?!
    12-08-11 09:03 AM
    So if RIM comes out with an all touch you will go to an iphone... Which is all touch... You do realize that right... So you don't like the idea of an all touch BlackBerry but will buy an all touch iPhone... Doesn't makes sense to me but ok.

Anyway, I see where they are coming from putting out the all touch device first. That is where the majority of the market is standing right now. I won't go for it, I will wait for a version with a keyboard but that is just me.
    12-09-11 10:57 PM
    My "Nevada" wish list;
    -9900/9930 form factor/ UI.
    -AF camera.
    -Large enough battery for all day of moderate use.
    -Rim should not have the metal band that runs around the top, it looks to iPhone-ish. It needs to look distinctive, but PLEASE not like the fugly P9981!
    -BRICKING IS NOT AN OPTION!
    12-10-11 08:06 PM
    Still don't know how they'll release a Bold phone with the BBX resolution of 1024x600 - unless it'll be a landscape slider.
    I'll choose the current Bold format even if I have to switch to Nokia to get it. The resolution restriction, the pb hack, the pb2 delays, and what I understand to be the huge popularity of Curves outside of the US make me wonder if we won't see yet another bbos generation. I'd buy it. Not a Luddite or anything, but I haven't seen anything on the market (or horizon) yet that would tempt me away from 97xx.
    12-11-11 01:59 PM
    Maybe I'm being optimistic but I'm 75% sure RIM will have a BBX Bold.. Just not till the end of next year.. I would definitely hope sooner but with the way I had to wait for the 99xx I doubt it will be.. RIM seriously needsto have a BBX phone with the Bold form factor.. if they all end up full touchscreen next year I'm positive I'll switch to iPhone..

Your thoughts?
    other manufacturers are mostly done developing flexible LED display, advance natural voice control, facial recognition, or other fancy stuff by Q2...G-d knows, maybe hologram phones will be out by Q4...and what we get is integrating basic keyboard into a phone with a basic os similar to web os by then? Seriously? What are these guys thinking? Are they nut? They had 2 entire years to do this BB10 thing, and this is what they bloody came up with? I stayed with BB for all these years, but this is ridiculous...RIM never ceases to amaze me in the degree of disappointment even in the most hopeless of situations
    12-12-11 07:36 AM
    It would be great to have this feature.
    12-12-11 09:11 AM
    other manufacturers are mostly done developing flexible LED display, advance natural voice control, facial recognition, or other fancy stuff by Q2...G-d knows, maybe hologram phones will be out by Q4...and what we get is integrating basic keyboard into a phone with a basic os similar to web os by then? Seriously? What are these guys thinking? Are they nut? They had 2 entire years to do this BB10 thing, and this is what they bloody came up with? I stayed with BB for all these years, but this is ridiculous...RIM never ceases to amaze me in the degree of disappointment even in the most hopeless of situations
    What have they come up with? I haven't seen any BB10 devices let alone the OS...
    12-29-11 10:23 AM
    If I wanted a full touch screen, I'd get an Android. I love my 9900. Will keep it until BB10 version is released.
    12-31-11 09:48 PM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD