04-15-16 07:14 AM
60 123
tools
    Fingerprint scanner and capacitive touch confirmed! But to be honest I'm not really digging the curved screen..

Posted via CB10
    Me neither. It is the dumbest gimmick ever to come to phones. This is the kind of BS the industry considers "technological advances" now-a-days...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    04-14-16 03:03 PM
    Me neither. It is the dumbest gimmick ever to come to phones. This is the kind of BS the industry considers "technological advances" now-a-days...

I disagree, the curved screen has proved to be very useful on the s7 and priv.
    04-14-16 03:15 PM
    I only find it an annoyance and playing videos (reflection) and a screen crack hazard. I'm not the only one, over at Reddit a bunch of S6 Edge users say the same thing about playing videos.
    04-14-16 03:48 PM
    It's not an innovation like a touch sensitive hardware keyboard, but I think it is useful. Round device sides are very comfortable to hold. A curved screen glass tributes to a better grip to the device. Also gestures from the bezels are just a little "smoother" with curved glass.
    I agree with you, that it's not needed to build a curved screen. But a curved screen glass, which eliminates the more or less sharp edge at the sides of the screen, contributes an overall enhanced handling.
    Also these side bar menus like the productivity tab on the Priv feel more intuitive with a curved screen. It is possible to implement this on plain screens but I think it feels more natural if the screen is curved.
    luc4625 likes this.
    04-14-16 03:52 PM
    You caught that also? Lol. From the pic, it looks as if the sensor will be in the space button.

Posted via CB10
    Actually missed that until someone pointed out on the BBM Channel.
    04-14-16 04:49 PM
    04-14-16 04:55 PM
    That's your opinion, and you're entitled to have it. But all it does is it distorts the edges of your videos (on the s7) and it's just there for looks for no reason on the priv...

04-14-16 05:26 PM
    It's not an innovation like a touch sensitive hardware keyboard, but I think it is useful. Round device sides are very comfortable to hold. A curved screen glass tributes to a better grip to the device. Also gestures from the bezels are just a little "smoother" with curved glass.
    I agree with you, that it's not needed to build a curved screen. But a curved screen glass, which eliminates the more or less sharp edge at the sides of the screen, contributes an overall enhanced handling.
    Also these side bar menus like the productivity tab on the Priv feel more intuitive with a curved screen. It is possible to implement this on plain screens but I think it feels more natural if the screen is curved.
    well said.
    04-14-16 09:43 PM
    I am only hearing complaints from S7 Edge reviewers about handling. The curve is such that it's easy to accidentally activate the touch screen. Just a gimmick, imo. It does narrow the device, however.

The Priv's was better, not a ton of content off the side, and it made the device feel slimmer. Also had the good grip from the bottom half.
    04-15-16 04:47 AM
    Think that all you want. I've held phones with the curved screens and without a case it's really difficult to have a good grip on it with your thumb free to use the phone. Not at all more "natural" unless you're just holding it in your hand like a stick with no intention to actually use it...

KonnaDeBuhr likes this.
    04-15-16 07:14 AM
60 123