With this recent flood of new BB devices to the market it seems that the Pearl has been forgotten (maybe even abandoned?).

I remember like 2 years ago already there was talk of updated Pearls coming to the market. What's the deal here?
    08-06-09 12:18 AM
    I think RIM may be putting the Pearl Flip as the phone representing the Pearls for now. Maybe when the 5.0 devices come out, there will be a 3G Pearl. I'd hope so because many people would like to see an updated Pearl without a flip.
    08-06-09 12:51 AM
    I may be wrong here and please correct me if I am but, didn't they name the Pearl the Pearl because of the fact the trackball looks like a pearl? Most of the BB's out now have trackballs and it seems like we're moving into optical track pads. If they do come out with a new Pearl and it has a trackpad, are they still going to call it a Pearl or something else like Flounder or Sting Ray, assuming they sticking with sea stuff, lol)?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by jj97blazer; 08-06-09 at 02:31 AM.
    08-06-09 02:27 AM
    Not to sure about code name flounder or sting ray. But I would love to see an updated Pearl. I love my Bold but I have been missing the Pearl.

08-06-09 02:42 AM
    I was just messin about the code names.
    08-06-09 03:03 AM
    I believe they are developing one. Codename is stratus

08-06-09 03:16 AM
    I believe they are developing one. Codename is stratus

Correct! It's also a slider phone
    08-06-09 05:20 AM
    Correct! It's also a slider phone
    A slider Berry? Wow, RIM really is trying to go more mainstream. That would be interesting to see.
    08-06-09 12:50 PM
    A slider Berry? Wow, RIM really is trying to go more mainstream. That would be interesting to see.
    The slider(s) are coming. Look out.
    08-06-09 09:10 PM
    The slider(s) are coming. Look out.
    now I'm hungry....
    08-06-09 09:14 PM
    Although I might be in a bit of a minority, I'm actually more excited about an updated pearl than a lot of the other rumoured devices.

A pearl size berry with one of those new BB AWESOME displays, and 3g would be great. If it's a slider, we might even get a really big, if skinny display.

I was SO close to getting a pearl flip, just because I love the design of them. So clean.

Updating the Pearl would also be good for RIM from a business point of view aswell. Packing in all the new technology that we get in our 'big boy' berries into a package thats reasonably cheap and more accessible to those who haven't used smartphones before. For the budget end of the market, I think it would be really successful. Would take us to the point of people thinking 'is there a reason to NOT get a berry'
    08-08-09 02:42 PM
    The thought of an updated Pearl has me on pins and needles. While I love the features that the Tour has to offer, it's still a bit too large for my tastes. I love the form factor of my Pearl. I can slide it into my pocket if I don't feel like carrying a bag or purse, and since the keypad is smaller, I don't need to use two hands to input a quick message.

That being said, the Stratus is the only rumored Pearl update, correct? Honestly, I'm not too keen on a slider, but it's better than a flip. And long as it's no larger than the Pearl in its present incarnation, I'll be happy. But the Stratus is a GSM device, which means that those of us on CDMA networks will be forced to wait longer for the updated Pearl. That is, unless RIM has something up their sleeves that we know nothing about yet.
    Last edited by dbrits; 08-08-09 at 05:12 PM.
    08-08-09 05:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD