05-21-10 01:40 PM
306 ... 7891011 ...
tools
    256 mb of RAM. Meh
    I am not techy and really do not even know what 256mb means, what i do know is that the droid has the same ram and when i play with that phone and the eris (which i believe isnt as powerfull) the phone flies...same with the iphone they are all very smooth and flluid.
    02-09-10 08:32 PM
    I am not techy and really do not even know what 256mb means, what i do know is that the droid has the same ram and when i play with that phone and the eris (which i believe isnt as powerfull) the phone flies...same with the iphone they are all very smooth and flluid.
    RAM has to do with the space for apps. Of course the OS requires it to function and can slow down if there is not enough, but for these devices I would say the software has more to do with speed and fluidity then RAM.

My comment is more about how 2009 devices (s2, droid, 3gs) had 256 and it seems that so far 2010 devices (n1, pre +, rumored S3) are moving to 512. I am sure 256 is sufficient but these types of devices, or maybe this crowd of users, is not about what is sufficient.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-09-10 09:20 PM
    i was reading on the net last week that telus is all ready working towards lte, so if they are so is bell because they share the same network and were partners in building the new network. now what i read about telus working on lte said its still a few years aways.
    I think everyone, accept Sprint, is planning to go LTE. Its just about when they are starting. VZW just seems to be first in NA. (for once)

02-09-10 09:22 PM
    i was reading on the net last week that telus is all ready working towards lte, so if they are so is bell because they share the same network and were partners in building the new network. now what i read about telus working on lte said its still a few years aways.
    ya few years = storm 4 or 5 lol

i think i will go android.... by summer
    02-10-10 01:03 AM
    Rumours were the Belus network is going to lte for 2011, that's what the press releases said when they launched 3G+. From my understanding, getting the 3G+ hardware in place to support LTE. I could be wrong but i believe lte was the proposed destination for the belus network, getting 3G+ was just a checkpoint
    02-11-10 12:40 AM
    i'm pretty sure i'm gonna dump the 9700 and go back to a Nexus while waiting to see what RIM comes up with next...
    02-11-10 09:50 AM
    This phone sounds killer.......any rumours on a release date for the S3 in Canada??
    probably for next chrismas, but thats only my speculation
    02-11-10 09:57 AM
    I'm excited RIM has been up to something. If there are widgets (like the article mentioned), that will be amazing.

I am impressed with the 512Mb ram.

I wonder what processor is used (should be Qualcomm's Snapdragon or better) and the battery life.
    02-11-10 09:10 PM
    Chip is probably Qualcom MDM 9200, 9600 or MSM 8630(?). Look up qualcomm's LTE chips. They are all pretty sick.

02-13-10 07:48 AM
    I'm excited RIM has been up to something. If there are widgets (like the article mentioned), that will be amazing.

I am impressed with the 512Mb ram.

I wonder what processor is used (should be Qualcomm's Snapdragon or better) and the battery life.
    If/when they come out with said rumored specs, I'll think about coming back... But for now, I had no choice...
    02-13-10 10:47 AM
    +1 very true

The only thing here is that the S3 is (rumored) to have 512 RAM and be LTE. We don't know the chip, but if it is LTE we can expect something fast, and my understanding of LTE is that the hardware is much more efficient and should have better battery life.

And if it is LTE and drops in the fall it should be ahead of the competition since I don't know of any other rumored 4G devices with these specs.

Of course this is all rumor at this point.

02-13-10 04:53 PM
    Well, the BB desktop app backs up and syncs:
    Contacts
    email
    SMS
    Calendar
    Tasks
    Music
    and then just backs up:
    Videos
    Pictures
    Notes/Memo - I use this alot w/Outlook
    Voice notes

This functionality is what sold me on BB. Now I depend on it. I can't believe in 2010 all smart phones can't easily do this, and BB makes it effortless. Andriod has Google contacts (free) and iPhone has a $100 svc and does not do all the above. If I'm wrong, let me know.

When ever you backup and sync your iPhone with iTunes, it backs all of that information up, just like desktop manager does.

I have owned and used many bb's... 8130, 8330, 9630, 8530, 9530 and 9550.. so i'm not here to push the iPhone, just state that iTunes does everything that desktop mgr does
    02-13-10 08:59 PM
    The BB desktop app needs to look a lot prettier IMO.
    02-14-10 10:29 AM
    Qualcomm May Slow Verizon’s LTE Plans – GigaOM

This is an old article.

Is Verizon still on track to have mobile devices with LTE by the end of the year?
    02-14-10 12:41 PM
    I found this was kind of an interesting slide deck on LTE

http://www.qualcomm.com/common/docum...8_Overview.pdf
    02-14-10 09:04 PM
    "The BB desktop app needs to look a lot prettier IMO. "

Agreed. If iTunes does do full backups, that's great. I'm no fan of that program thou & I'll need to stick with Verizon. I'd rather have a phone that works consistantly 1st over the candy. ;-)
    02-19-10 12:05 AM
    why are people posting on a thread called hands on with the storm 3. No one on here has had hands on with the storm 3. Let this thread fall to the bottom and start a new one regarding speculation of the storm 3.
    02-19-10 09:24 AM
    why are people posting on a thread called hands on with the storm 3. No one on here has had hands on with the storm 3. Let this thread fall to the bottom and start a new one regarding speculation of the storm 3.
    The op started this off with saying that a friend if his showed him a storm 3 he was unable to take a picture and made very vague references to the possible new storm. The discussion then took off to slider vs. No slide and click vs. No click screen....while the topics took off so did the op.....now all that's left is this thread that is full of misinformation and opinions ( this is just my opinion on the misinformation)

02-19-10 09:41 AM
    The op started this off with saying that a friend if his showed him a storm 3 he was unable to take a picture and made very vague references to the possible new storm. The discussion then took off to slider vs. No slide and click vs. No click screen....while the topics took off so did the op.....now all that's left is this thread that is full of misinformation and opinions ( this is just my opinion on the misinformation)

It's no different on the iPhone side of this forum about who when and where the new 4G...lol
    02-19-10 02:17 PM
    Is getting this the day it comes out!

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    02-23-10 06:48 PM
    storm 3 woow
    storm 3! haha.
    02-24-10 01:02 PM
    I really want a GSM version of this phone!
    02-25-10 01:55 PM
    any new Storm 3 news??? all this speculation is driving me nuts!!!!
    02-25-10 02:48 PM
    any new Storm 3 news??? all this speculation is driving me nuts!!!!
    This was posted on December 27. Don't hold your breath.

Okay this is posted on a new Android website but the poster is well known here and has been responsible for numerous leaks on this site as well as another.

The poster is JLevy73. Hands on/initial impression of Storm 3 - MyDroidWorld

Sounds like something worth waiting for.
    02-25-10 06:58 PM
    this will have to do for now...

actually has me a bit excited... if this had the *right* specs (800x480 screen, OS 6.0 (or something >5.0, with widgets), fast speeds, 3G working on T-Mo.... I'd be all over this...

http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2010/...comment-786617

02-26-10 09:10 AM
306 ... 7891011 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD