05-21-10 12:40 PM
306 ... 45678 ...
tools
    Physical keyboard feels like trying to hold on to the past.....everyone I know with the droid all came from physical keyboards and after three days never slid the droid out again...(imo the droids keyboard is to flat anyway.) once you get used to a full touch screen...the flow of your usage goes up....plus my storm in landscape is a great big keyboard as opposed to my wife's tour.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    This is totally down to preference. I much prefer a physical keyboard to a soft one. i dont even have to look at my phone and i am getting 95% accuracy. Also I much prefer portrait keyboards to landscape but again this is preference.
    01-17-10 06:59 PM
    Well, they didn't... technically, they said 512MB of "RAM". It very well could have 512MB of RAM (most likely) and they blatantly didn't say anything about "Flash". That way, they could make it look like they pulled a noob goof and/or they released a correct memory stat... of RAM only. You can look at it from both sides of this statement.... it wouldn't be the first time someone "played dumb" to hide facts and misdirect while not being incorrect, but I for one have learned NOT to expect this sort of action from anyone reviewing a RIM product. Chances are good they were in fact talking about App memory (i.e. Available Memory in Status). So, if that the fact, then it's most likely something along the lines of Snapdragon, 512MB RAM, 512MB App memory, and at least 2GB or more of Internal Media Storage (since both previous Storms have had this.) While not bad stats "right now" for a phone (since even most Android devices are still at this same spec right now), the major negative is that with other devices you can install apps to memory cards or hack the OS to allow for this function.

Me personally, I would strive for more in a phone hardware wise on the memory side of things, but then again, I like to overdo things anyway.

Actually it seems your posts fail. If the S3 has 512BM Flash memory that would be nearly 3x the storm 1, also the the S1 only had 1GB internal memory.. not two.
    01-17-10 08:38 PM
    The phone will likely have 3G. As 4G is still not as close as we hope and I'm pretty sure they won't have 4G everywhere in Canada even when they do launch 4G. I am also hoping that it has Bell's HSPA Bands (same as Telus) I was pretty disappointed that the Storm 2 didn't have them.
    haha yeah me too man I'm hoping they will have Bell or Telus HSPA Frequencies.. thats the only reason why i didn't get the storm 2 because of the HSPA
    01-18-10 02:50 AM
    Physical keyboard feels like trying to hold on to the past.....everyone I know with the droid all came from physical keyboards and after three days never slid the droid out again...(imo the droids keyboard is to flat anyway.) once you get used to a full touch screen...the flow of your usage goes up....plus my storm in landscape is a great big keyboard as opposed to my wife's tour.

The slide out should not be a physical keyboard, it should be a slide out SurePress screen. Imagine all the possibilities with all of that touchscreen realestate.
    01-19-10 11:03 AM
    sweet! i'm wiked excited.
    01-20-10 02:07 PM
    Is that a joke or has that site really been hacked?
    01-21-10 02:46 PM
    Is that a joke or has that site really been hacked?
    What site?

01-21-10 04:28 PM

Physical keyboards with a touch screen device remind me of a car that is automatic and manual. I think you should just pick one.
    01-23-10 04:14 PM
    Physical keyboards with a touch screen device remind me of a car that is automatic and manual. I think you should just pick one.
    o u mean like tiptronic? which is very fun/useful when you need it
    01-23-10 04:49 PM
    o u mean like tiptronic? which is very fun/useful when you need it
    tiptronic is total fail. either you get a dual clutch setup like DSG or you stick to either or. if i had the choice dsg comes first lol. till then ill drive stick

on a side note. i cant believe we still have no leaks on this. Sal is slacking LOLLLLL

i am looking forward to this. if they ditch surepress add a snap dragon and give it a new browser im a taker. i will no longer miss my old iphone
    01-24-10 01:32 PM
    Why would they ditch surepress when the click screen has basically defined the storm series?
    01-24-10 10:57 PM
    Yeah I don't see them ditching the surepress for the Storm 3 either. I am one of those that actually like and prefer the click of the Storm over the touchscreen
    01-24-10 11:29 PM
    What site?

The link in the first post appeared to be hacked, seems to be working again.
    01-25-10 10:39 AM
    I would hate for them to drop Surepress. They'res only one thing... When The blackberry App World actually finally begins to grow.. We will eventually start getting weet apps like Apple and its gonna be so hard using apps like that with a click screen. Anyways IMO Rim while I heard they're making another Touch-screen with a slide out that isn't a Storm I really hope thats not click for Apps sake...
    01-26-10 08:46 AM
    I think it would be cool if they had surepress as something which you de activate or something that isnt in every app because you dont always need the click sometimes it would be better just to act like a standard capacitive screen sometimes
    01-26-10 01:21 PM
    I think it would be cool if they had surepress as something which you de activate or something that isnt in every app because you dont always need the click sometimes it would be better just to act like a standard capacitive screen sometimes
    The problem with disabling sure press is that then the OS needs an overhaul. SurePress is a hardware solution that allows RIM to have a "touchscreen" phone that uses the same OS as their trackpad/trackball devices. The BB OS is defendant on clicking. Surepress is an easy way for RIM to not absorb the expense of developing and supporting a second OS that is more gesture driven.

So I don't think we will see it go away unless RIM decides to have 2 separate UI's with very different interactions.

01-26-10 04:03 PM
    Dude! You dont even know how amazing of an idea that is. Like I swear. You should submit that. That's amazing. gotta give u credit for that
    01-26-10 04:04 PM
    Jetisbac - whose idea are you referring to?

01-26-10 04:08 PM
    Jetisbac - whose idea are you referring to?

I would assume the posts directly above him about disabling the surepress.

I like the surepress, but I don't think it's a terrible idea to give people the option.
    01-26-10 04:35 PM
    Dkatri idea. Just because like. Some people want it and some don't. I mean just like think. The storm 2 can disable its click screen when you lock it. What if somehow with some of the apps or just OS wide you could just choose between click and touch..
    01-26-10 05:11 PM
    Dkatri idea. Just because like. Some people want it and some don't. I mean just like think. The storm 2 can disable its click screen when you lock it. What if somehow with some of the apps or just OS wide you could just choose between click and touch..
    haha

Seriously though, now that we know the click can be turned off I am waiting for a genius dev to come up with an app/hack/patch/something that will give you the option.
    01-26-10 05:27 PM
    If you go to the end of the linked thread, jlevy says RIM's 100% staying with SurePress, so..I guess all these 'maybe they should, maybe they shouldn't' posts can stop and we can talk about something other than 'I want an iPhone with a BB OS'?

No offense guys, but if you want full on Touch and not SurePress, HTC is just a handset away.
    01-26-10 05:44 PM
    No offense guys, but if you want full on Touch and not SurePress, HTC is just a handset away.
    Just saying that no idea is perfect and maybe having something that can both click and not click would be great. Surepress is great for typing but it isnt the best for everything, and I know some people find that hard to swallow but the S2 still isnt the 'perfect' touch phone. It is hella good though
    01-26-10 05:51 PM
    haha

Seriously though, now that we know the click can be turned off I am waiting for a genius dev to come up with an app/hack/patch/something that will give you the option.
    there you go.
    01-26-10 05:57 PM
    Just saying that no idea is perfect and maybe having something that can both click and not click would be great. Surepress is great for typing but it isnt the best for everything, and I know some people find that hard to swallow but the S2 still isnt the 'perfect' touch phone. It is hella good though
    Good for typing. Bad for iPhone-like apps
    01-26-10 05:58 PM
306 ... 45678 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD