05-21-10 12:40 PM
306 12345 ...
tools
    I believe that article was completely fabricated. There have been to many reliable leaks to confirm that Mr. T/Talladega will be a slider and possibly come with OS 6, not updated 5.*. Camera will be similar to the 9100, being a liquid lens. No confirmation of how many megapixels this baby will have.
    Kbear. Can you post some links? I have never seen anything like what you refer to when looking for anything on this device(s). Personally I think we will see a touch only update to S3 and a slider under a different name.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-30-09 08:03 PM
    i will never go to verizon for one reason, you cant talk and surf at the same time. I dont know many times my friends call me from verizon to my iphone and ask a question about something and i saw hold on. i put them on speaker phone, hit the home button and get their answer.

I hate verizon. tru att doesnt have as much 3g, but there coverage is still good adn gsm has 100000 times better voice quality then cdma
    12-31-09 02:49 PM
    i will never go to verizon for one reason, you cant talk and surf at the same time. I dont know many times my friends call me from verizon to my iphone and ask a question about something and i saw hold on. i put them on speaker phone, hit the home button and get their answer.

I hate verizon. tru att doesnt have as much 3g, but there coverage is still good adn gsm has 100000 times better voice quality then cdma
    Good point except that the Storm 3 will be on VZW's LTE (4G) network which will support data and voice at the same time. That will remove AT&T's only viable counter to the "there's a map for that" ad campaign.

12-31-09 03:01 PM
    so you wont go to a better service because when someone asks you something on the phone, your so wound that if you dont have the answer instantly you wont be the life of the party????

Id rather have good service then the ability to put on hold and hope there is a 3g signal to go online- Enjoy your edge
    12-31-09 05:08 PM
    Good point except that the Storm 3 will be on VZW's LTE (4G) network which will support data and voice at the same time. That will remove AT&T's only viable counter to the "there's a map for that" ad campaign.

Perfectly stated! That's why I stayed with Verizon and didn't use my annual upgrade yet!
    01-01-10 05:10 AM
    Same here. I don't understand this deal with AT&T and "callsurfing". My one experience with it had my girlfriend pissed at me since I put her on hold for three mins while I ran outside to get service.

01-01-10 12:13 PM
    Thats at&t only comeback against verizon.
    01-01-10 01:05 PM
    Thats at&t only comeback against verizon.
    Yeah and when VZW has more 4G coverage then AT&T has 3G coverage it will be pretty funny. Especially since you'll be able to do data and voice simultaneously.

01-01-10 01:31 PM
    Wished that T-Mobile would get this.
    Hopefully they'll get something equally as good if not better.

T-Mobile is getting great Android devices. The Nexus One sounds to be much better than this new Storm and it is supposively coming out very soon.
    01-01-10 06:37 PM
    T-Mobile is getting great Android devices. The Nexus One sounds to be much better than this new Storm and it is supposively coming out very soon.
    I think Nexus One sounds interesting, but I think it is a far stretch to say it sounds better than the Storm 3 with 4G, etc?? Additionally, T-Mobile's network is even smaller than AT&T's. If you live in a covered area then great, but most don't. Android is coming on fast but has a ways to go in several areas, especially for corporate users who don't live their life on Google services. Google won't sell many for $500+ dollars outside of T-Mobile in my opinion. Still interesting stuff.

If this Storm 3 thread is right, it sounds like what RIM needs to release to compete, and it sounds like it will compete well.
    01-01-10 07:14 PM
    Sal? CX? Anyone have some insight on this? It's a little wacky. I don't think it holds water
    01-01-10 09:55 PM
    Yes I would agree about T-Mobile getting some nice android phones, but after using my mytouch, with warnings for me to force close some apps, in the end, I miss my Blackberry allegiance. I think I'll start with the 9700, and if this thread post is true may get the Storm 3 unlocked...

01-02-10 09:02 AM
    I got horny reading this! Lol

01-02-10 11:58 AM
    I can't speak on behalf of the OP of the "hands-on", but it seems like he/she just repeated a lot of the same information we wrote about. Also, a true hands-on needs details about the color, shape, weight, etc of the device. We're hoping to get this information from our source, but until we can get the pics or any aesthetic details on the device...you won't see any "hands-on" info from us.

The OP may very well have gone hands-on, but if it were me...I would have one very lengthy preview with a lot of details on my experience. I'd like to know if he/she has any additional info.
    01-02-10 06:41 PM
    Yes I would agree about T-Mobile getting some nice android phones, but after using my mytouch, with warnings for me to force close some apps, in the end, I miss my Blackberry allegiance. I think I'll start with the 9700, and if this thread post is true may get the Storm 3 unlocked...

The MyTouch is terrible compared to the Droid an Nexus One. I barely get any force closes on my Droid, and it is app specific, not the OS causing the problems. I'd rather have a force close than a random restart.
    01-02-10 06:59 PM

I disagree with GSM having better voice quality than CDMA. When I was on T-Mobile (even all the way back when they were Voicestream) the signal was always horrible- bits and pieces of audio were always dropping out and call drops were the norm rather than the exception. Even in close vicinity to a tower- getting a stable signal inside a building was almost impossible. Voices didn't sound any better on one or the other, but at least I could have a conversation on Verizon.

01-02-10 09:12 PM
    The MyTouch is terrible compared to the Droid an Nexus One. I barely get any force closes on my Droid, and it is app specific, not the OS causing the problems. I'd rather have a force close than a random restart.
    True, but even still, it's very annoying at best. Plus I miss using BB.
    01-02-10 10:44 PM
    I disagree with GSM having better voice quality than CDMA. When I was on T-Mobile (even all the way back when they were Voicestream) the signal was always horrible- bits and pieces of audio were always dropping out and call drops were the norm rather than the exception. Even in close vicinity to a tower- getting a stable signal inside a building was almost impossible. Voices didn't sound any better on one or the other, but at least I could have a conversation on Verizon.

I beg to differ. When I had a dealer line through VZW I was constantly getting garbled feedback whenever making calls. I rarely get any audio issues through T-Mobile.
    01-02-10 10:45 PM
    This phone sounds killer.......any rumours on a release date for the S3 in Canada??
    HAHAHA...I am still waiting for Bell to release the S2.
    01-04-10 08:50 AM
    and in the end, sadly this will not most probably not be available on NA GSM networks yet again. Rim leaving us with the ugh iphone.
    Sad but true, Bell hasn't picked up the Storm2, and probably won't. I'd imagine Telus and Bell will start slowing down on CDMA device releases. Telus is currently the only carrier in Canada to have the CDMA Storm2. I figure if RIM doesn't have an HSPA Storm to release, none of the carriers will pick it up next time around.
    01-04-10 10:51 AM
    Sad but true, Bell hasn't picked up the Storm2, and probably won't. I'd imagine Telus and Bell will start slowing down on CDMA device releases. Telus is currently the only carrier in Canada to have the CDMA Storm2. I figure if RIM doesn't have an HSPA Storm to release, none of the carriers will pick it up next time around.
    I'm still crossing my fingers for DAVE Wireless or WIND Mobile hosting HSPA networks that are compatible with the Storm2...

01-04-10 07:56 PM
    RIM should pretend to release the Storm 3, fix all of the inevitable bugs internally so as not to release another "not ready for prime time" phone, and release it as the Storm 4. I'm getting tired of paying this company for inferior hardware over and over again until they get it right. Maybe we should revolt and drop their market share a little so they are held at least a little accountable for their shortcomings in the hardware dept.
    Hov
    01-05-10 09:17 AM
    Maybe they just fix the bugs on the storm 3. Not sure what pretending to release a storm 3 and then releasing a storm 4 accomplishes
    01-05-10 11:20 AM
    My biggest problem with the Storm series, is the BATTERY! I like the whole idea of a touch screen Blackberry and making it a good consumer device with more cool operations and all of that. but how will the battery suffer from a 6 megapixel camera, and can i expect that blackberry experience of a long lasting battery with the super fast processor, which is one aspect the droid lacks on (iphone as well) being its battery. ( a good device though). did this guy give you any intel of what battery when can expect to see on this device.
    01-05-10 11:37 AM
    My biggest problem with the Storm series, is the BATTERY! I like the whole idea of a touch screen Blackberry and making it a good consumer device with more cool operations and all of that. but how will the battery suffer from a 6 megapixel camera, and can i expect that blackberry experience of a long lasting battery with the super fast processor, which is one aspect the droid lacks on (iphone as well) being its battery. ( a good device though). did this guy give you any intel of what battery when can expect to see on this device.
    There was an earlier review of the S3 and that review said the "battery was drastically better." I don't know what that means, but I think that's a pretty good sign.

01-05-10 02:18 PM
306 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD