05-21-10 12:40 PM
306 ... 111213
tools
    Actually, the adage is. "If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is."
    lol...you are correct...
    05-20-10 06:29 AM
    Hi

I am really an iPhone user but from time to time I use my sim in my Storm 2. (I also have a 9700 on another network)

What I love about Blackberry is the way that it deals with email, getting your email in near real time and not getting charged a fortune when roaming is great. However the overall feel of the OS is old, way to many menus. I mean Apple is far from perfect but if you compare the iPhone with the Storm 2 they feel like they are years apart.

Blackberry need to look at what Apple and Android have done and make a smaller more traditional touch screen device. I would like to see a smaller Storm 3 still very much a blackberry but less pull down menus and more "lipstick" for want of a better word.

The way Blackberry deals with email is a great selling point, buts its not enough anymore. It needs to be all singing all dancing like Android and iPhone. You should be able to sync contacts and calendar appointment over the air from a Blackberry on a basic BIS account. Ok yes you can do this with Google but its not great.

Alex
    05-20-10 12:23 PM
    You didn't see the teaser video for BlackBerry 6, did you?
    Besides, if you make the OS too glitzy it just becomes a toy and becomes a pain to actually do something useful IMO.
    05-20-10 12:39 PM
    Hi

I am really an iPhone user but from time to time I use my sim in my Storm 2. (I also have a 9700 on another network)

What I love about Blackberry is the way that it deals with email, getting your email in near real time and not getting charged a fortune when roaming is great. However the overall feel of the OS is old, way to many menus. I mean Apple is far from perfect but if you compare the iPhone with the Storm 2 they feel like they are years apart.

Blackberry need to look at what Apple and Android have done and make a smaller more traditional touch screen device. I would like to see a smaller Storm 3 still very much a blackberry but less pull down menus and more "lipstick" for want of a better word.

The way Blackberry deals with email is a great selling point, buts its not enough anymore. It needs to be all singing all dancing like Android and iPhone. You should be able to sync contacts and calendar appointment over the air from a Blackberry on a basic BIS account. Ok yes you can do this with Google but its not great.

Alex

I thought there were apps for blackberry for syncing contacts and calendar appointments. Am I wrong?
    05-20-10 05:18 PM
    I haven't read through all the pages... but there is an S4 now?? S3 hasn't even been release, (we have no specs, no pics, nothing)... I thought we would have way more info by now (like the info we have on the slider, pics and stuff).

So... did RIM drop the S3 and go right into the S4? (making the S4 really the S3) ... or was the slider thought to be in the storm line at first? (even though we now know its in the Bold line and going to AT&T)
    05-21-10 12:36 PM
    I haven't read through all the pages... but there is an S4 now?? S3 hasn't even been release, (we have no specs, no pics, nothing)... I thought we would have way more info by now (like the info we have on the slider, pics and stuff).

So... did RIM drop the S3 and go right into the S4? (making the S4 really the S3) ... or was the slider thought to be in the storm line at first? (even though we now know its in the Bold line and going to AT&T)
    Its all rumor and speculation. There was an article on I think tested.com that referenced S4. I would expect that S3 has to be at a final pre production stage and should be started manufacter soon to be ready for a Q4 release. So the prototypes should be finalized. S4 is most likely in early design.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-21-10 12:40 PM
306 ... 111213
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD