05-21-10 12:40 PM
306 ... 10111213
tools
    Subscribed

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-04-10 10:47 AM
    When did they say the web kit wouldn't work on the S2? Sorry haven't been paying much attention much the last few days. If that's the case then I'm assuming it definitely won't be working on the S1 either, which sucks.
    So in turn we really do need some new info on the S3, or really any of these new devices, the slider, whatever....? If we don't hear anything till the end of April at WES then RIM really better have a WHOLE LOT of insane info at that time cause at this point it's getting ridiculious!!!
    I hadn't heard the rumor until they discussed it on the latest CB podcast. Never heard anything about it since. I hope it's not the case...and I also doubt it too. If the S2 can handle OpenGL but the 9700 can't, I don't see why S2 can't handle webkit.
    04-04-10 03:06 PM
    Subscribe.

04-04-10 08:34 PM
    Look these forums are fun and all..but lets get real people..If the Storm 3 does not step it up in a MAJOR way in terms of the OS, Apps, Feel, Look, etc then RIM is going to be forever stuck in that mid level smartphone category that appeals to corporations and entry level smartphone users. That might just be what they choose to do as well since the LARGE majority of users will be in that category. HOWEVER for the people on this website and early adopter tech users it just will not cut it. I want so bad to stay with blackberry but NO ONE can deny that the Iphone is way better on EVERYTHING except email. The Android based phones are getting really really cool VERY fast. So RIM please make this next storm on par with the new HTC and Iphone's for us who really want that type of experience (plus I am stuck with you RIM because that is what my company uses and I cant go elsewhere!)
    04-06-10 08:20 AM
    RIM is done with. They can not keep up with Apple and Android. Both of which are far better. Can't believe you still drink the RIM kool-aid. This is coming from a person who own's not only all BB models on Verizon but several of each. All in new in box or mint condition. I have used BB's for years, but am now behind the Android OS. Which now I own all three and will be owning the Incredible when it comes out as well. I'm serious. You need to not only use and Android phone, but use it for a month or two and you will see.

Side note. I'm selling all my BB's. I have all Verizon models. More then one of each. Will even make a BOS for a rebate for you if you want. All are in mint condition or brand new in box. Let me know.
    04-06-10 10:09 AM
    RIM is done with. They can not keep up with Apple and Android. Both of which are far better. Can't believe you still drink the RIM kool-aid. This is coming from a person who own's not only all BB models on Verizon but several of each. All in new in box or mint condition. I have used BB's for years, but am now behind the Android OS. Which now I own all three and will be owning the Incredible when it comes out as well. I'm serious. You need to not only use and Android phone, but use it for a month or two and you will see.

Side note. I'm selling all my BB's. I have all Verizon models. More then one of each. Will even make a BOS for a rebate for you if you want. All are in mint condition or brand new in box. Let me know.
    BBM is a big selling point for me. Can Droid or Iphone do that?....nope
    04-06-10 12:22 PM
    The first thing I do when I load an OS on my bb is uninstall BBM. I tried it, but have absolutely no use for it. I only have two friends who have bb's, and I have absolutely no desire to chat incessantly with strangers in endless BBM groups. I really don't get the attraction to having a 24/7 link-up with people you will never meet in person. I get the feeling that BBM is for the younger crowd.

So, BBM is certainly not a reason for me to stay with BlackBerry. The Android platform is growing more intriguing every day.

04-06-10 12:36 PM
    BBM is definitely something that won't appeal to all people. However i have several friends that i hang out with regularly on my BBM. Also i travel internationally a lot so being able to chat with them in real time while i am 7k miles away and it not cost me like a text message would is a major selling point for me.
    04-06-10 12:42 PM
    BBM is definitely something that won't appeal to all people. However i have several friends that i hang out with regularly on my BBM. Also i travel internationally a lot so being able to chat with them in real time while i am 7k miles away and it not cost me like a text message would is a major selling point for me.
    Ahh, I do see your point. Definitely a selling point in your case!

I'm sure it can be used for more than a teenage hook-up tool, but I would venture to say that it is mostly used by the 30 and under crowd. All it takes is a quick perusal through the social section on this forum to validate my point. It's very, um, entertaining to say the least.

04-06-10 12:58 PM
    lol well i kind of see your point...however i'm 32 so i guess i am an exception
    04-06-10 01:01 PM
    lol well i kind of see your point...however i'm 32 so i guess i am an exception
    By the way, when I first saw you post here, about six or so months ago I think it was, I actually laughed out loud at your name.

One of the funniest I've seen! Man. Hilarious.

04-06-10 01:10 PM
    well shanks man.

lol i get that a lot but i can assure you its not what you think. lol
    04-06-10 01:12 PM
    Was ribbonnuts already taken?
    04-06-10 08:32 PM
    actually no .....
    04-06-10 08:34 PM
    lol believe it or not Trophy Nuts is actually my nickname away from here. Has been for a couple of years and some people don't know my real name.

It does make it easy when signing up for forums and such cause its usually always available. lol.
    04-06-10 08:39 PM
    Ahhh. Now the puzzle takes form. I don't EVEN want to know why your friends call you that.

Nope. Don't want to know

Lol. Funny stuff!

04-06-10 08:45 PM
    lol like i said its not what you think.
    04-06-10 09:17 PM
    Sweet I can't wait!!!
    04-20-10 05:51 PM
    So much for the S3 being ready for WES..... Ah, who to believe these days????
    05-03-10 03:05 PM
    well, what conference is next?
    05-03-10 05:54 PM
    well, what conference is next?
    Research In Motion - Upcoming Events

Nothing worth talking about it seems....

It's going to be a long 7 months....
    05-03-10 06:24 PM
    So much for the S3 being ready for WES..... Ah, who to believe these days????
    Believe no one. Trust your instincts. Or rather as the adage says: if it sounds to good to be true, then it probably isn't true.
    05-07-10 05:54 PM
    I really wish they would release this phone or the tour2, or 9650 whatever it is, I need a new phone, they need to hurry up
    05-07-10 05:57 PM
    Ok, let's look at the OP and see where things have gone in the past 5 months.

Some of the major claims:

1. Thinner
    Recent information gives us the idea that the S4 is thinner, almost like an iPhone. In another thread the S3 was going to be close to the same thickness, but who knows with RIM. The proposed S3 could be another phone while the S4 is actually the S3. Reread that last sentence.

2. Better screen
    I got nothing on this one

3. Adobe flash and improved browser
    After seeing the demo reel of OS6, I believe that this was legit. The improved browser is something RIM is banking on since it is one of the major gripes of any of their phones. As for Flash integration, I believe that Adobe would release it in the third quarter, which is when RIM is releasing OS6, and possibly the S3.

4. Processor and RAM
    Makes perfectly good sense that the RAM would be upgraded to 512. We've seen most of the newer phones coming out with this standard. So it is logical progression. So if 512 MB was needed to run OS6, then the OS that the OP saw that was blazing fast was OS6

5. 6MP Camera
    I forget which model, but there are 5MP cameras being used. As stated in another post, with economics of scale, the more units you buy the less it will cost. So a 6MP camera may be off, but I think the 5 MP will be standard on the S3

6. Multitasking
    Once again, OS6, from what I've seen, has a more refined UI and (granted it was a production video) looked to run faster. Once again, legit.

Then again, this could all be coincidence! Either way, that's what i'm seeing.
    05-13-10 11:15 PM
    Believe no one. Trust your instincts. Or rather as the adage says: if it sounds to good to be true, then it probably isn't true.
    Actually, the adage is. "If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is."
    05-19-10 10:52 AM
306 ... 10111213
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD