05-21-10 01:40 PM
306 ... 910111213
tools
    There was a pod cast from tech republic with Larry Digmon from cnet talking about RIM. They covered the whole, they need to refresh their OS thing, but what was interesting was how they spoke about RIM having gone radio silent on several fronts for the last few months. Basically the rumors are that RIM has some major revelations coming at WES. So in the end we are back to waiting, but more then a few analysts have indicated similar things. That being said, if RIM reveals OS 6 or the S3 and it does not blow people down, then its a disaster in the making.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-11-10 07:20 AM
    Has it been confirmed that the storm 3 is LTE?
    03-13-10 04:18 PM
    ok. Is there ANY new news on this phone???
    03-13-10 05:41 PM
    Has it been confirmed that the storm 3 is LTE?
    No, and Verizon just said earlier this week that the first LTE phones won't come out till mid 2011.
    03-13-10 11:12 PM
    Most rumors said it was LTE, but the comments from VZW seem to indicate otherwise.

03-14-10 11:23 AM
    It doesn't make sense for the phone to be LTE. Whats the point if LTE isn't going to be big enough for most people to use. By the time LTE is in enough places, Storm4 will be on its way out.
    03-14-10 02:31 PM
    the verizon nfl network ad is confusing or maybe I am confused.

It speaks of draft coverage but then states that the information on the specific phones will be available in august.

I thought it mentioned something about 4G as well. I guess I should re-read it.
    03-14-10 02:38 PM
    It doesn't make sense for the phone to be LTE. Whats the point if LTE isn't going to be big enough for most people to use. By the time LTE is in enough places, Storm4 will be on its way out.
    I thought LTE would be deployed in major areas by the end of the year and RIM was claiming to have a device ready as soon as Verizon was ready.

I imagine this has changed.
    03-14-10 02:41 PM
    I thought LTE would be deployed in major areas by the end of the year and RIM was claiming to have a device ready as soon as Verizon was ready.

I imagine this has changed.
    Verizon will be in 25-30 markets by end of 2010. So far all rumors have indicated that S3 will be LTE capable. We know RIM ia already building LTE devices for other parts of the world were LTE ia already in place.

What people are reacting to now are comments from VZW that the LTE rollout will be similar to 3G in that you'll see laptop connections first, with handsets coming by mid 2011. The comments were somewhat speculative and they never said S3 would not be LTE. But it makes sense that if they knew it was they would mention an early device or 2 late this year, which they did not.

We'll probably see more about S3 in April at WES and it should be clear then if it is 4g or not.

03-15-10 09:34 AM
    cool~~~~~~~~~
    03-18-10 07:02 AM
    it's been said once, and i'll say it again. patience is a virtue. we're all addicts, lets be honest, but some things are worth the wait right?
    03-19-10 05:58 AM
    Could more news about the S3 be here shortly with BBMChat leaking some info on it on Twitter..... It looks like The Engine may have been correct in his assumption of it being LTE compatable. Now maybe some pics or something new about it would be very nice
    03-23-10 10:21 AM
    What info was leaked? Can you post here?

03-23-10 11:24 AM
    03-23-10 12:00 PM
    And according to AT&T, Verizon's first LTE phones to come out will be battery guzzlers and fat bricks...
    03-24-10 02:47 AM
    Has anyone heard if S3 will run GSM and CDMA, like the S1? I'm an S1 user still, holding out for S3 so I don't know much about S2; I just know that when I travel outside the US, CDMA isn't very useful.
    03-25-10 05:54 PM
    Oh, now there's a reputable source. Might as well start believing the Dems about Repubs and the Repubs about the Dems. This is garbage.

And according to AT&T, Verizon's first LTE phones to come out will be battery guzzlers and fat bricks...
    03-25-10 06:13 PM
    Dam how many storms are they going to make?! Would be nice if they made one for t-mo..

03-26-10 07:46 PM
    Actually LTE rolls out between 1st or 2nd quarter.. Storm4 comes out around fourth quarter. I think there will be a fourth Storm, I really wouldnt doubt it. Storm was supposed to be iPhone's main competition.. and they're already working on their fourth.. So RIM is prolly gonna follow in their footsteps
    03-27-10 08:48 PM
    No, and Verizon just said earlier this week that the first LTE phones won't come out till mid 2011.
    The phone is LTE COMPATIBLE. Why doesnt anyone understand that?
    03-27-10 09:03 PM
    The phone is LTE COMPATIBLE. Why doesnt anyone understand that?
    It very well may have LTE, but do you have one to prove that it does?
    03-28-10 01:09 AM
    Why do people consistently bust others b@ll$ about rumored info. Obviously the the thread is about RUMORED devices, in this case the S3. The rumors are that only a very few people have saw or got their hands on one. Some people on here do believe the info posted on here based on the source, some may not and that's understandable. However, if you choose not to believe it then why come on here and put up a rants about how the other persons a moron or just not as smart as you when you obviously don't know any more info yourself.
    Sorry for my rant for the day.....
    Now if we could get back to the thread at hand. Maybe we could get some new leaked info today on the S3??? Somebody??? Anybody?? Beuller?? Beuller??
    03-30-10 12:29 PM
    +1 Matty. I hope for some more info. Its been WAY too long and RIM's supposed radio silence doesn't help at all.

03-30-10 02:31 PM
    And with the talk of the new webkit browser NOT working on the S2... and the new apps RIM is supposedly coming out with (Concierge app... widgets, etc etc)... I want some more info about this device!!

By the description from the link on the first post... it sounds worth-while... not just a Storm1 upgrade(like the Storm2 was).

Though, I have to say... for now, i'm really loving my S2, and I'm very content... but there's always something new and better...
    04-02-10 02:30 AM
    When did they say the web kit wouldn't work on the S2? Sorry haven't been paying much attention much the last few days. If that's the case then I'm assuming it definitely won't be working on the S1 either, which sucks.
    So in turn we really do need some new info on the S3, or really any of these new devices, the slider, whatever....? If we don't hear anything till the end of April at WES then RIM really better have a WHOLE LOT of insane info at that time cause at this point it's getting ridiculious!!!
    04-02-10 03:47 PM
306 ... 910111213
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD