Have I missed something or has there been no news lately on the 9800 slider? I'm getting itchy for a new device and will be coming into a little extra cash soon. I may get the iPhone 4 (with a cover so I don't touch the antenna). I just need to know when on the slider and I might wait.
    07-01-10 05:00 PM
    I would guess RIM is going to wait for the iPhone craze to die down a but before releasing it, or maybe OS 6 is just not ready yet.
    07-01-10 05:10 PM
    I know how your feeling sir'.............I have a 8900 as well, and while it has been great to me..............I need more screen real estate. Im waiting for the Storm3.

We both have much waiting to do
    07-01-10 06:58 PM
    07-01-10 07:14 PM
    Didn't you hear? The slider is coming to AT&T in June!!

http://forums.crackberry.com/f209/bl...t-june-467917/
    07-01-10 07:20 PM
    Today is July 2,2010, where is it?
    07-02-10 12:50 PM
    The same place its always been...
    07-02-10 01:18 PM
    RIM is just a big fail as a company. I know on good authority that this should have been out in Apr/May but as usual their coporate BS and slow design process has delayed it.
    07-08-10 06:15 PM
    And I have it on good authority that a company should miss a release date if something isn't ready instead of pushing an unfinished product out the door.
    07-08-10 07:48 PM
    RIM is just a big fail as a company. I know on good authority that this should have been out in Apr/May but as usual their coporate BS and slow design process has delayed it.
    *Flag being raised* It was never going to be out that early. I have it on good authority that I am going to win the lottery this week!
    07-08-10 08:29 PM
    Hahahaha good one
    07-08-10 08:33 PM
    Didn't you hear? The slider is coming to AT&T in June!!

http://forums.crackberry.com/f209/bl...t-june-467917/
    **Penalty flag thrown**

That thread quotes BGR. All it was was a wild guess, not a good authority.

07-08-10 08:50 PM
    And I have it on good authority that a company should miss a release date if something isn't ready instead of pushing an unfinished product out the door.
    I'm not saying they should have stuck to their original plans, that would lead to a repeat of the Storm mess.

But I do believe they need to make organizational changes so that not every device gets delayed and they can be competitive, not lagging other big companies. It would also be better if they stopped trending towards releasing the bulk of their devices in Q3 and Q4. Apple has proven that if your product is good it will sell whenever you release it.
    07-08-10 10:07 PM
    But I do believe they need to make organizational changes so that not every device gets delayed and they can be competitive, not lagging other big companies.
    You cannot delay something that has no official release date.
    07-08-10 10:12 PM
    You cannot delay something that has no official release date.
    Well you guys don't believe me when I say I know what the release time frame was, and thats fine. But look at how long rumors of most of their devices exist for, the first concrete slider rumors started over a year ago. That tells you its been in development for a long long time. Other companies are much quicker bringing finished products to market.
    07-08-10 10:25 PM
    Well you guys don't believe me when I say I know what the release time frame was, and thats fine.
    My point still stands: You cannot delay something that has no *official* release date. You are not *official*.
    07-08-10 10:53 PM
    n00b. Who officially announced it was coming out? RIM or your mother? obviously it was your mother and of course... she lied.
    07-09-10 10:40 AM
    I'm not saying they should have stuck to their original plans, that would lead to a repeat of the Storm mess.

But I do believe they need to make organizational changes so that not every device gets delayed and they can be competitive, not lagging other big companies. It would also be better if they stopped trending towards releasing the bulk of their devices in Q3 and Q4. Apple has proven that if your product is good it will sell whenever you release it.
    Companies do not always time releases to coincide with other companies. Also, if someone wants a product they will buy it. When the slider comes out there are a lot of people who will jump on it regardless so as you say, it will sell whenever it's released.

And I don't see how RIM is lagging. Sure they don't have a flashy OS but that's about it.
    07-09-10 01:54 PM
    n00b.
    Recognize one of your own eh?
    07-09-10 01:56 PM
    Recognize one of your own eh?
    right.......
    07-10-10 02:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD