05-26-13 09:38 PM
59 123
tools
    The word is that while a handset this size wasn't the original plan, BB looked at the market trends and decided to go for it. Presumably, this would be a 1080 display, too.
    I really hope that they have become wise enough, to go with that display.

The resolution from the Z10, and its apps, should be scalable easily enough, on a 1080p screen.

I also think, that it is not asked too much from a dev, to support one standard resolution more.
    A dev who is already featured in BlackBerry World, has a first to market advantage, compared to his competition. For being a big fish, in a small pond, this surely isn't asked too much.

The only reason why BlackBerry has to go with that display, is feature parity with the competition.
    The reason why BlackBerry fell behind so much, is that they ignored trends.
    They do not have the luxury, to already ignore them again, and go with much weaker hardware.

In an ideal scenario, all of the Android manufacturers will slowly go with 1080p models this year, for the high-end, and Apple introduces an iPhone5s, with the same resolution as the 5.
    If this happens, BlackBerry actually has an edge on the iPhone with specs, and an edge on Android with the better experience.

If BlackBerry misses that opportunity, this would be catastrophic.
    Because the only uncertainty in my scenario, is the iPhone5s. If they up the screen size and/or resolution, BlackBerry would lag behind, with the screens they have in their flagship models
    This is unacceptable, from a strategic point of view.

Another reason for upping the screen specs, is that BBRY now has the opportunity to place the Z10 as an slightly above mid-range device, and introduce the future Z5 (or what ever the name will be) as the low/mid-range device.
    Like that you would have an instant possibility for market penetration in every segment.

Posted via CB10
    szlevi likes this.
    05-23-13 08:52 AM
    Z15... no?

Posted via CB10
    Plazmic Flame likes this.
    05-23-13 10:13 AM
    I don't understand the need to type ZED. Wtf is ZED.
    I know you pronounce it that way fine. but the damn phone is a Z 10 and you can pronounce it however you like.

It is like me typing ˈdə-bəl-(ˌ)y e for WE.

So at this point...well into 2013....Blackberry is executing on it's plan to bring out 6 new devices in the year. So far we have...

1. Zed10 (Apologies I'm Canadian) :-)
    2. Q10
    3. Q5

If rumors pan out that Blackberry is working on a phablet phone ...say the QPhat, that would make it 4 devices with 2 devices to go. Thinking just a little bit here, the only 2 devices left would be a new BB10 slider phone, and a new BB10 tablet/with upgrade to all us Playbook users. Sound reasonable?. To me it sounds like the perfect family of devices to suit practically every taste?.
    05-23-13 10:41 AM
    I don't understand the need to type ZED. Wtf is ZED.
    I know you pronounce it that way fine. but the damn phone is a Z 10 and you can pronounce it however you like.

It is like me typing ˈdə-bəl-(ˌ)y e for WE.
    Lmfao....thats funny but true.

BlackBerry Z10 and 32gb PlayBook
    05-23-13 04:16 PM
    The S4 is a failure ...

Huh? In what alternative universe?
    In the universe where people say that BB10 is a failure. I mean, if you apply the same logic and apply it to the UK, Samsung is a dead company.
    Sexy Sadie likes this.
    05-23-13 10:10 PM
    For the true BlackBerry Crack addicts: This is unneeded.

For the growth of BB to users who would never give BB a shot: This is required.

I sincerly hope this is true. In this day and age of mobile, it is media that sells the device. People want the large screen to play serious games, down load and stream videos and movies, basically treat their phone like a mini gaming consul or television. If BB wants to increase it's sales, it needs to enter this world.
    05-25-13 01:45 AM
    For the true BlackBerry Crack addicts: This is unneeded.
    For someone who's a hardcore BlackBerry user, I would definitely want the BlackBerry experience on a larger screen.

I'd like to use my phone as an all around device. Why limit it?
    05-25-13 03:59 AM
    a 5,5" phablet would have been great.
    05-26-13 05:52 PM
    I'm guessing this rumoured device is the Aristo then? Looking forward to this beauty getting launched.

Posted via CB10
    05-26-13 09:38 PM
59 123