05-26-13 08:38 PM
59 123
tools
    6 Million sold in 15 days is a failure for sure... lol. The S4 is a fantastic device and beats the Z10 on more then enough ways. Stop being so close minded. There is a reason Samsung and Apple are number 1 and not BlackBerry. BlackBerry needs to step it into gear.
    Richardat, please come say me from the enlighteners! LOL.

Gohan: it was sarcasm. Read my posts. My fault... I should use more smilies.
    05-16-13 04:00 PM
    Lies. Everyone here said that that is way too big. BBRY would never do anything like this. The S4 is a failure.
    FOR THE NEWBIES: this post was sarcasm. Next time, I'll use colored font LOL.
    05-16-13 04:01 PM
    I agree. There seems to be very little talk of this but I hear Z10 owners saying the galaxy is too big. The reality is there is only a difference in screen size and not phone size.
    It is the combination of size increases in the width and height that pushes the galaxy beyond what some people think is too large, you make the point about the overall phone being a similar size, but that also overlooks the fact that a smaller bezel also means that the top of the display on the z10 is quite a bit lower e.g. there is at least a cm difference between the top of the screen on a z10 and a typical 4.7" display.
    05-17-13 05:46 AM
    Typical. Are you meeting rickatwhatever for sushi later? I'm sure you can talk about how superior you two are all evening.

FOR THE NEWBIES: this post was sarcasm. Next time, I'll use colored font LOL.
    05-17-13 04:22 PM
    Typical. Are you meeting rickatwhatever for sushi later? I'm sure you can talk about how superior you two are all evening.
    Fish and chips. I'm not suave enough for sushi.
    05-17-13 04:26 PM
    Lol, would've thought that was beneath you, glad to see you can still relate to the common folk at some level.

05-17-13 04:45 PM
    Lol, would've thought that was beneath you, glad to see you can still relate to the common folk at some level.
    Ha... I know I'll regret saying this, but I'm about as common as they come.
    05-17-13 04:46 PM
    maybe that's why you and rickatwhatever are so cosy, opposites attract? BTW, I'm saving that post for future use.

Ha... I know I'll regret saying this, but I'm about as common as they come.
    Tre Lawrence likes this.
    05-17-13 04:56 PM
    Not sure why they choose to call it a reboot in that article, it is nothing of the sort, it is merely expanding the range to reach another audience just like they have done with the q10, soon the q5 and any other new devices in the near future until they get round to about 12-18 months and are started to directly replace existing models with new versions.
    Because if you put the words "Z10" and "reboot" in the title you'll get a lot of hits.

Posted via CB10
    05-17-13 05:03 PM
    Because if you put the words "Z10" and "reboot" in the title you'll get a lot of hits.

Posted via CB10
    Well, there is also the fact that, let's be honest, it is pretty disconcertingly quick, if you consider this - as he writes repeatedly - a next gen device. He specifically calls it a "flagship next-generation" device. Really...that is a fair assumption...especially when Heins has been saying things like "hey...yeah...q10...but you know what product I'm REALLY excited about....." ;-)

In that sense, it's EXTREMELY quick turnover for the "flagship" - assuming it comes out fairly soon. It probably seems less like it to us, since we've been talking about it before the z10 was ever out! LOL
    05-18-13 07:20 AM
    Richardat, please come say me from the enlighteners! LOL.

Gohan: it was sarcasm. Read my posts. My fault... I should use more smilies.
    I'm afraid I've thrown in the white towel....but hey, I liked your post on my way down the thread just now! ;-)
    05-18-13 07:28 AM
    What the heck? I didn't get ANY! Is this like when I go to KFC and order several toonie specials for my family and/or friends??

PS. I guess it's a result of my inherent superiority, but I don't recall a thing take99 has ever posted, nor why he's so bitter! LOL OH well, I"m sure whatever little issues he's having in his humdrum life will pass - I will allow him to eat cake with the rest of them. If he's still having a fit later, perhaps I will endow him with a "like" on a future visit - that will surely delight him, and I am happy to do that for any of my followers. Remind me of his name later!
    Last edited by richardat; 05-18-13 at 07:42 AM.
    05-18-13 07:32 AM
    Well, there is also the fact that, let's be honest, it is pretty disconcertingly quick, if you consider this - as he writes repeatedly - a next gen device. He specifically calls it a "flagship next-generation" device. Really...that is a fair assumption...especially when Heins has been saying things like "hey...yeah...q10...but you know what product I'm REALLY excited about....." ;-)

In that sense, it's EXTREMELY quick turnover for the "flagship" - assuming it comes out fairly soon. It probably seems less like it to us, since we've been talking about it before the z10 was ever out! LOL
    Depending on when it comes out, it is going to be of the order of 9-10 months, shorter than usual but they are expanding their new product range with it being distinctly different, this is not like with apple taking about 6 months to upgrade to a new connector on their established ipad range.

To be honest though, it would not surprise me if we do see faster turnover of models at the top end of their all-touch range beyond this one, there is less need for the mid to lower end models or even the higher end qwerty to keep up, but if there is one where they would benefit from releasing devices more frequently it would be high end all-touch. A 9 month cycle would not suit those who get 12 month contracts as they would not be eager to buy a 3 month old device, but those are less common these days anyway and the more common 18, 24 and 36 month deals align a bit better while still having hardware out there more frequently.
    05-19-13 06:24 AM
    In another thread, Kevin had stated that the original 5 incher got scrapped. Think it will be the size of the Note 2 at 5.5 inches.
    05-19-13 04:23 PM
    In another thread, Kevin had stated that the original 5 incher got scrapped. Think it will be the size of the Note 2 at 5.5 inches.
    He might be mixing things up and meant the original 4.65" aristo got scrapped for a 5" model, that seems to be a far more likely first step into larger display models than skipping straight onto Note 2 size.
    Plazmic Flame and Thunderbuck like this.
    05-20-13 10:07 AM
    I for one would moving from the Z10 to a "aristo" BB10 phone. I am hoping for a 4.65" - 4.8". I have handled the S4 and the note2 and with both I find 5" a bit too big for me but if the new BB is 5" I could work with it. Of course you need a bigger battery in this phone so if it can go at least 2 days easily without a recharge then sign me up.
    05-20-13 12:03 PM
    He might be mixing things up and meant the original 4.65" aristo got scrapped for a 5" model, that seems to be a far more likely first step into larger display models than skipping straight onto Note 2 size.
    Correct, Kevin said in his post that the original 4.65' phone was scrapped and changed to a 5' phone
    jedibeeftrix likes this.
    05-20-13 01:23 PM
    My n9 is two years old in October, just in time for jolla to release its spiritual successor, but if this is true I am seriously tempted!
    05-22-13 03:07 PM
    So at this point...well into 2013....Blackberry is executing on it's plan to bring out 6 new devices in the year. So far we have...

1. Zed10 (Apologies I'm Canadian) :-)
    2. Q10
    3. Q5

If rumors pan out that Blackberry is working on a phablet phone ...say the QPhat, that would make it 4 devices with 2 devices to go. Thinking just a little bit here, the only 2 devices left would be a new BB10 slider phone, and a new BB10 tablet/with upgrade to all us Playbook users. Sound reasonable?. To me it sounds like the perfect family of devices to suit practically every taste?.
    05-22-13 03:29 PM
    Makes sense for them to do. I would find this too large personally (more portability) but plenty of people like them for ease of typing, media watching etc. They haven't addressed the high screen size of the market yet and I imagine it would be a lot easier for them to sell a Phablet BlackBerry phone through there carrier distribution channel than to try and support another PlayBook at retail.
    05-22-13 04:29 PM
    Maybe blackberry should borrow a page from sony, specifically from the xperia ZL. It packs a 5" 1080 screen just like the xperia Z, but is a lot smaller(the XZ is 139mm tall and the ZL is 131.6mm which is 1.6 millimeters taller than the Z10).
    That way you have a decent sized phone with a monster screen.

Sent from my LT28h using Tapatalk 2
    szlevi likes this.
    05-22-13 04:49 PM
    So at this point...well into 2013....Blackberry is executing on it's plan to bring out 6 new devices in the year. So far we have...

1. Zed10 (Apologies I'm Canadian) :-)
    2. Q10
    3. Q5

If rumors pan out that Blackberry is working on a phablet phone ...say the QPhat, that would make it 4 devices with 2 devices to go. Thinking just a little bit here, the only 2 devices left would be a new BB10 slider phone, and a new BB10 tablet/with upgrade to all us Playbook users. Sound reasonable?. To me it sounds like the perfect family of devices to suit practically every taste?.
    They were also talking about a cheaper all-touch device, so either no tablet or slider.

Posted via CB10
    05-22-13 05:18 PM
    Ohhhhh

Emmmm

Jeeeee

Bring it

Posted via messenger pigeon
    05-22-13 07:44 PM
    They were also talking about a cheaper all-touch device, so either no tablet or slider.
    I think Blackberry and tablets are so over. Which I reckon also means no Phablet. There's a lot of very unhappy bunnies in the Playbook forum and I don't think Blackberry will go there.

I think cheap touch (Z5), Aristo (a bigger, faster Z10) and a slider to complete the 6.
    05-23-13 05:00 AM
    I think cheap touch (Z5), Aristo (a bigger, faster Z10) and a slider to complete the 6.
    Haven't there been rumours of one more bb7 device, that could also be included in the 6 since it never specified bb10, so you'd have that device, a larger z10 and then one more which I am not sure would be a slider as the bb10 market is not big enough to support a device which was merely cannabalising sales from qwerty and all-touch devices rather than adding enough to the overall market on its own.

Given the amount of time left in the year by that next wave of devices comes out, I think that even with their seeming dislike of tablets, a new one of those or perhaps a first porsche design bb10 would be more likely for this year than a slider, which seems a more feasible device to show up in the 2nd year of bb10 devices once the market is bigger, equally the delays to getting devices launched in the states might simply result in them not even releasing 6 devices after all.
    05-23-13 05:16 AM
59 123