03-18-15 02:46 PM
39 12
tools
    Since MWC, I have heard a lot of people worried about BlackBerry not having a touchscreen phone coming out. I, myself, am waiting for a upgrade to my Z30 phone that will not be some type of Z3 generic phone.

I have to believe that an all touch phone will be coming out as BlackBerry has been touting their virtual keyboard as being an industry best (which I agree with).
    nt300 likes this.
    03-07-15 11:27 PM
    In fairness, they tout both their physical keyboard AND virtual keyboard as being the best and, quite frankly, they're right.

As far as a full touch phone, I suspect our next flagship touch phone will be the slider. I don't see that as being a bad thing, either. I think the option of either keyboard in one device appeals to a lot of people, and the fact that the physical keyboard is largely optional will allow users in both camps to crowd around it.

That size though :O

If it were up to me (armchair CEO), I'd have released the Blade. Obviously with more updated specs.

Future BlackBerry Devices-blackberry-blade.jpg
    nt300 likes this.
    03-07-15 11:35 PM
    In fairness, they tout both their physical keyboard AND virtual keyboard as being the best and, quite frankly, they're right.

As far as a full touch phone, I suspect our next flagship touch phone will be the slider. I don't see that as being a bad thing, either. I think the option of either keyboard in one device appeals to a lot of people, and the fact that the physical keyboard is largely optional will allow users in both camps to crowd around it.

That size though :O
    Wow, awesome! So I can buy a version without a keyboard? That's great!
    Fret Madden likes this.
    03-07-15 11:37 PM
    Wow, awesome! So I can buy a version without a keyboard? That's great!
    Well, I mean... Just keep the slider closed :P
    03-07-15 11:41 PM
    The advantage of a Slider is you can always check out how the physical keyboard feels. Especially when you have to type long e-mails for example.

It's pretty much up to you. The option of having both virtual/physical is the key.

I can see if BlackBerry somehow gains some good market share numbers and surprises, I can see them also releasing Z10/Z30 replacements, now that inventory is controlled. It shows that

Posted by Q5
    03-08-15 05:35 AM
    Update the flash compatibility on the photo for accuracy
    03-08-15 10:49 AM
    Update the flash compatibility on the photo for accuracy
    Not as long as the CrackBerry members have their say.

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1004563

Posted via CB10
    filanto likes this.
    03-08-15 10:52 AM
    Blade - toolbelt = BlackBerry slider for 2015!

Posted via CB10
    03-08-15 07:52 PM
    Blade - toolbelt = BlackBerry slider for 2015!

Posted via CB10
    No Tool Belt and no buttons. Keep them away from the slider. Reserve them for the Classic ONLY.

Posted by Q5
    smart548 likes this.
    03-09-15 09:28 AM
    No Tool Belt and no buttons. Keep them away from the slider. Reserve them for the Classic ONLY.

Posted by Q5

That would make me sad, personally, but I'd still buy it without them.

Posted via CB10
    03-09-15 03:30 PM
    Wonder if a compact version would sell, knock able 25% off the length with the same width. The phone is great looking but a little longer than I might be comfortable with. But I have been wrong before on phone size comfort. I didn't want the Z30 because it was going to be huge, so I have a Z10. Oops should have gotten the Z30
    jds97w likes this.
    03-09-15 09:00 PM
    Wonder if a compact version would sell, knock able 25% off the length with the same width. The phone is great looking but a little longer than I might be comfortable with. But I have been wrong before on phone size comfort. I didn't want the Z30 because it was going to be huge, so I have a Z10. Oops should have gotten the Z30
    Hey don't worry, I thought the Z10 was too big coming from the Storm and the Torch. Here I am having sold my 10 and gotten a 30, sitting next to my Bold daily driver.

Sometimes it's just a mosh pit of different forms factors that'll make you happy :P

Posted via CB10
    03-09-15 10:16 PM

That would make me sad, personally, but I'd still buy it without them.

Posted via CB10
    Having a tool belt and navigation button will make the device look old. Just like the Torch and how it looks today. The Torch looks old now.

Just keep it smooth looking and modern. Should sell very well for the right price.

Posted by Q5
    03-09-15 11:49 PM
    Having a tool belt and navigation button will make the device look old. Just like the Torch and how it looks today. The Torch looks old now.

Just keep it smooth looking and modern. Should sell very well for the right price.
    Do car steering wheels make cars look old? I mean cars had steering wheels since well forever.

Would you buy a car with a touchscreen in place of a steering wheel? I'm sure it would be almost as accurate as an actual steering wheel, and be WAY more modern.

Or one of those Google self-driving cars. Steering wheels are old fashioned. I don't want a steering wheel on my next car.
    03-10-15 12:07 AM
    One day when we can move things without steering wheel... no different between manual or automatic car. It falls into preferences instead of other reasons.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-15 12:23 AM
    Do car steering wheels make cars look old? I mean cars had steering wheels since well forever.

Would you buy a car with a touchscreen in place of a steering wheel? I'm sure it would be almost as accurate as an actual steering wheel, and be WAY more modern.

Or one of those Google self-driving cars. Steering wheels are old fashioned. I don't want a steering wheel on my next car.
    Thing is, they haven't been replaced yet and everyone still buys them. I think a more accurate analogy would be cars with cassette slots on their stereos. They're old, absolutely not from today, and very few individuals want them.
    03-10-15 12:36 AM
    Thing is, they haven't been replaced yet and everyone still buys them. I think a more accurate analogy would be cars with cassette slots on their stereos. They're old, absolutely not from today, and very few individuals want them.
    So maybe a better analogy would be manual transmissions.

Offers more precise control of a car, but less and less people seem interested. Probably because they like holding their phone on the other hand and needing to understand less about what is actually making them move. Probably because a large segment of the market equates manual transmission to the "basic" model,.. and they perceive automatic as a "fancier" upgrade... kinda like how they perceived a BlackBerry with a toolbelt as the junk they were stuck with until they could afford an iPhone.

Posted via CB10
    BerryRipe and John Crist like this.
    03-10-15 01:34 AM

Offers more precise control of a car, but less and less people seem interested. Probably because they like holding their phone on the other hand and needing to understand less about what is actually making them move. Probably because a large segment of the market equates manual transmission to the "basic" model,.. and they perceive automatic as a "fancier" upgrade... kinda like how they perceived a BlackBerry with a toolbelt as the junk they were stuck with until they could afford an iPhone.

Posted via CB10
    This. Brilliant.

EDIT: And I dunno, my Bold still looks INCREDIBLY modern. Just saying.
    03-10-15 10:21 AM

This is a terrible analogy and doesn't apply.

Steering wheels are a requirement of steering, touch pads are not a requirement of bb10. A touch screen would be an inferior replacement for a steering wheel, the same is not true for a touch screen phone (unless you are selecting text).

Posted via CB10
    03-10-15 11:20 AM
    I drive a stick so BB is I guess just in my DNA.
    03-10-15 11:32 AM
    I'm assuming the slider phone will have the same type of capacitive touch as the passport? If so, even me being a hard core touchscreen guy, that might be kinda neat. If I could still flick with the PKB then it might be worth seeing if I can be converted.

Home button? We don't need no stinking home button!
    03-10-15 05:45 PM
    I'm assuming the slider phone will have the same type of capacitive touch as the passport? If so, even me being a hard core touchscreen guy, that might be kinda neat. If I could still flick with the PKB then it might be worth seeing if I can be converted.

Home button? We don't need no stinking home button!
    Fortunately I can't think of a time when BlackBerry's ever had a home button. I'm not saying that you are, but if you by chance are referring to the little black nub, that's actually the trackpad for fine cursor control. If the slider has a capacitive keyboard, it likely won't have a trackpad.
    03-10-15 11:25 PM
    Um, no, that's not a good comparison, since the toolbelt helps you be more productive and still works great in what it does. They do have cars without steering wheels now. So technically, a car without a steering wheel is "newer" so it definitely fits the comparison, just at an earlier stage. Give it time, the sheep will fall for the "newer must be better" mentality like they always do...
    03-11-15 12:47 AM

Posted via CB10
    Ah, yes, your comparison is a great one. I love driving standard, and REAL manual, not this fake manual paddle shift nonsense... (Not all of them, sports cars like Ferrari's have REAL manual dual-clutch gearboxes using the paddle shift, and the shifting is really manual. All of these wannabes you see like in cars like Mitsubishi Lancers and whatever only give you the perception that you have control. Try downshifting when you're going too fast, it'll override you. Try red-lining, it'll shift up for you, that's what I mean by the fake manual paddle shifts...)
    03-11-15 12:50 AM
    The toolbelt/trackpad makes a BlackBerry look old? I didn't know that precision feature particularly contributed to BlackBerry's fall in market share. I guess the beltless Q10 was a smashing success, then.

</s>

Posted via CB10
    03-11-15 10:09 AM
39 12