09-19-15 06:08 AM
166 ... 567
tools
    Watchdox came out on Zombie OS 10 a few days ago.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2339
    OK an when I posted this on August 19 my statement was correct. So it took them over 3 months from acquisition for BlackBerry/Watchdox to get the app out. Also if you can point to all the work being done on BB10 right now, and tell me how all the devs here that are stating that BlackBerry isn't doing anything with BB10 are wrong, then please do so.

Posted via Z30
    08-28-15 07:21 PM
    OK an when I posted this on August 19 my statement was correct. So it took them over 3 months from acquisition for BlackBerry/Watchdox to get the app out. Also if you can point to all the work being done on BB10 right now, and tell me how all the devs here that are stating that BlackBerry isn't doing anything with BB10 are wrong, then please do so.

Posted via Z30
    I'm not saying the devs are wrong. But BlackBerry themselves aren't done with BlackBerry 10. We will again wait to see what's coming. Just like 10.3.2 with no roadmap

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2339
    08-28-15 08:16 PM
    They should sell it as android to get the marketing in but have an autoloader type software update that would let you install the native OS if you'd like. Allow back ups and ability to switch between them. That doesn't seem feasible but it's a nice pipe dream.
    Sent from my 640 using Tapatalk Classic.
    It's nice to have a dream and it's hard not to hold onto one when we all have so many questions.

I'm looking forward to, finally, seeing what answers BlackBerry has come up with.

 Posted via CB10 on my Q10 
    08-29-15 02:48 AM
    Sadly this could be the beginning of the end for BB10. I love BB10 but I'm not going to stick with it unless runtime continues to get much better or app development picks up and that's not happening. To me the next best this is a BlackBerry skin on secure Android and if that's what it's going to be I'm happy to buy this new high end phone. My Z30 is starting to look a bit old so my deposit is waiting.

Posted via CrackBerry App
    Settling sounds so weak. To me this shows u were just better off with Android if what you cared about first was android runtime and apps.

Posted via CB10
    08-31-15 05:20 AM
    Settling sounds so weak. To me this shows u were just better off with Android if what you cared about first was android runtime and apps.

Posted via CB10
    Many want it all.

- All touch
    - Great camera
    - Great removable battery
    - Quality and less plastic
    - Complete app store
    - High screen to body ratio
    - Bug free OS
    - Hub, gestures and BlackBerry short cuts etc.
    - Good value
    So BB10 is part of the equation but ultimately the consumer needs to tick off as many of the boxes as possible. Definitely like to try the slider before moving on.

Posted via CB10
    08-31-15 08:32 AM
    Watchdox came out on Zombie OS 10 a few days ago.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2339
    Watchdox became a 1st party app (from a 3rd party one) when BB bought them. Of course they will now build and app.
    08-31-15 08:59 AM
    Many want it all.

- All touch
    - Great camera
    - Complete app store
    - Bug free OS
    - Good value
    So BB10 is part of the equation but ultimately the consumer needs to tick off as many of the boxes as possible. Definitely like to try the slider before moving on.

Posted via CB10
    I have a long list of wants as well (different than that list, don't care for glass slabs), but it's actually not about checking the most boxes for me. Some things hold a lot more weight than others for me.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    08-31-15 09:17 AM
    Many want it all.

- All touch
    - Great camera
    - Complete app store
    - Bug free OS
    - Good value

Posted via CB10
    It's all about perspective

Posted via CB10
    08-31-15 09:21 AM
    I have a long list of wants as well (different than that list, don't care for glass slabs), but it's actually not about checking the most boxes for me. Some things hold a lot more weight than others for me.

Agreed. App / ecosystem and Camera are my most important boxes. PKB not even a box for me. If and when BlackBerry goes Android they are going to have to make better phones. Android just gets them in the race.

On the other hand, if I needed a PKB, I would buy a BlackBerry regardless.

Posted via CB10
    extisis likes this.
    08-31-15 09:29 AM
    Agreed. App / ecosystem and Camera are my most important boxes. PKB not even a box for me. If and when BlackBerry goes Android they are going to have to make better phones. Android just gets them in the race.

On the other hand, if I needed a PKB, I would buy a BlackBerry regardless.

Posted via CB10
    I'm the exact opposite of you. I care for the pkb for accurate typing. I use my phone mainly for communication, so I care for anything that makes that more streamlined, one-button homescreen speed dialing, accurate typing, and type and go, things like that. Apps and all of those things, unless they exist to help the communications aspect, I don't care for it too much...

ayngling likes this.
    08-31-15 11:31 AM
    I'm the exact opposite of you. I care for the pkb for accurate typing. I use my phone mainly for communication, so I care for anything that makes that more streamlined, one-button homescreen speed dialing, accurate typing, and type and go, things like that. Apps and all of those things, unless they exist to help the communications aspect, I don't care for it too much...

A lot of people fail to realize how handy a PKB is. It's much more than a keyboard to type on.

Posted via CB10
    slagman5, MO3iusONE and ayngling like this.
    09-05-15 08:26 AM
    A lot of people fail to realize how handy a PKB is. It's much more than a keyboard to type on.

Posted via CB10
    Yep.

09-05-15 10:55 AM

There is another concern too- the sd card- ever since Android 4.2 I think (it might be a higher ver. of 4.x) Android will not write to an SD card. The reason is that SD cards are MUCH cheaper than internal memory- and Google (in conjunction with the manufacturers) want users to spend more to get more memory in the phone itself. Thus, they will not allow writing to an SD card- they are read only- so will Blackberry be participating in that scam ?
    pbeasley likes this.
    09-16-15 05:42 PM

There is another concern too- the sd card- ever since Android 4.2 I think (it might be a higher ver. of 4.x) Android will not write to an SD card. The reason is that SD cards are MUCH cheaper than internal memory- and Google (in conjunction with the manufacturers) want users to spend more to get more memory in the phone itself. Thus, they will not allow writing to an SD card- they are read only- so will Blackberry be participating in that scam ?
    I believe we've seen a microSD slot on previous leaked photos of the Slider

Posted via CB10
    09-17-15 02:43 AM

I'm confused by this statement. I have an HTC 820 running 4.4.4 with a 32gb Micro-SD card that I can read from and write to. Would you please clarify what you mean?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    09-17-15 03:35 AM
    Love the housing. Hate the OS. No Peek n Flow?? Gahhhh....

My really kickazz Z30
    09-19-15 06:08 AM
166 ... 567