09-19-15 06:08 AM
166 ... 4567
tools
    Posted via CB10
    I just talked to Chen and he said he don't know either .
    08-22-15 02:14 PM
    So I am totally on board now. So what changed? Today went to download an app I needed. On blackberry world it wasn't available. On amazon app store it was available but kept crashing every time I opened it. On Google play I side loaded or whatever it kept saying it needed Google play. I (supposedly) patch the app with lucky patch to no avail. I do hope it's not just stock android and has some sort of blackberry security and integration. I still think BB10 is the best OS on the market but app developers could care less and are still not supporting. Always wanted a slider now just have to sell the wife on letting me get this.

Posted via CB10
    Bbnivende likes this.
    08-22-15 11:30 PM
    So I am totally on board now. So what changed? Today went to download an app I needed. On blackberry world it wasn't available. On amazon app store it was available but kept crashing every time I opened it. On Google play I side loaded or whatever it kept saying it needed Google play. I (supposedly) patch the app with lucky patch to no avail. I do hope it's not just stock android and has some sort of blackberry security and integration. I still think BB10 is the best OS on the market but app developers could care less and are still not supporting. Always wanted a slider now just have to sell the wife on letting me get this.

Posted via CB10
    Totally agree. I added GPS and Google Play store etc to get Hangout. It seems to work but maybe not. I do not get notifications. If it works, it us just luck. I can not be bothered with trying to make things work. I like the idea of having a BlackBerry skinned all touch Android.

Posted via CB10
    08-23-15 01:54 AM
    Yuck

Z10STL100-4/10.3.2.2339 on XL Network
    08-23-15 01:59 AM
    Totally agree. I added GPS and Google Play store etc to get Hangout. It seems to work but maybe not. I do not get notifications. If it works, it us just luck. I can not be bothered with trying to make things work. I like the idea of having a BlackBerry skinned all touch Android.

Posted via CB10
    Yes sir

Posted via CB10
    08-23-15 02:13 AM
    I don't enjoy Samsung android very much. However I am very intrigued with this device and how the writer described it! Hopefully blackberry pulls off a one of a kind android experience
    08-24-15 05:50 PM
    Not impressed....

Posted via CB10
    08-24-15 08:58 PM
    I want Android runtime with Google Play Services so basically Android OS but with all the Bells and Whistles of BlackBerry 10 Productivity Suite. If that is what is going to be on the Venice then that's perfect.
    I am a business user and a consumer user. I am tired of patching apps making them work on my Z-10.
    Some BB10 apps may look and work better on BB10 but they mostly lack functionality compared to the latest Android apps. For example: RBC, Open Table, Facebook, not to mention apps you can't get on BB10 like Starbucks, ADT Pulse, Dropbox, Vivino, Uber, NHL and many more daily used apps.
    I will buy the Venice even though I will rarely use the slider keyboard. (just touch screen BlackBerry keyboard)
    I can't wait to still support BlackBerry and get all the functionality and more than any iPhone or other Android devices. It will have the best combined OS on the market assuming BlackBerry Productivity Suite is included.
    I will have to live without gesture based OS I guess but worth it to have the rest because that is really what makes BlackBerry 10 OS great imo.

Posted from my Z30 with Google Play Store
    ayngling likes this.
    08-24-15 10:05 PM
    Pretty excited by this posters description. I had no expectations of BB 10 gestures.

I am 95% sure I will pre-order when I can.

Posted via CrackBerry App
    08-25-15 09:57 PM
    I honestly think this Android version of the slider could sell fairly well. And I also think they'll stick vanilla Android on it with some it's own additions. A bit like the Moto X does. Vanilla Android with some of its own little mods which allows updates as fast as the nexus line. Based on the leaks so far nothing looks heavily skinned either as all the icons and lay outs look like the nexus line.

I think it'll sell well mainly because android news outlets are picking up on it so it's giving it some free advertising. If they keep to minium skinning and just add things that are useful such as the HUB (especially if you can swipe it in from the edge) then it'll get praised by reviews as generally heavy skins are slated. I also think a BB10 version will be released but only for enterprise so they only need minimum maintenance on it.

This is all purely my own opinion.
    08-26-15 08:50 AM
    I honestly think this Android version of the slider could sell fairly well. And I also think they'll stick vanilla Android on it with some it's own additions. A bit like the Moto X does. Vanilla Android with some of its own little mods which allows updates as fast as the nexus line. Based on the leaks so far nothing looks heavily skinned either as all the icons and lay outs look like the nexus line.

I think it'll sell well mainly because android news outlets are picking up on it so it's giving it some free advertising. If they keep to minium skinning and just add things that are useful such as the HUB (especially if you can swipe it in from the edge) then it'll get praised by reviews as generally heavy skins are slated. I also think a BB10 version will be released but only for enterprise so they only need minimum maintenance on it.

This is all purely my own opinion.
    BlackBerry Experience is not going to be... "minimum". Not sure about the UI, but the Productivity Suite, the Communications Suite, and the Security Suite. Those are going to be a big hit to performance, which is why most agree that only the Passport and above hardware will be able to handle the BlackBerry Experience. But we will see in a few months what kinda of performance hit these are.

As for BB10... minimum maintenance, for how long? With or Without the Android Runtime?
    Sadly I think based on sales of BB10 over the last few years... it's pretty apparent that there isn't much of an Enterprise customer base for BB10 to begin with, at least not enough to support. Where do you see Enterprise sales with BB10 being... maybe 2 Million BB10 smartphones a year? Just don't see that being sustainable or profitable for BlackBerry..... unless those are sold at MUCH higher margins (like a $2,000 BlackBerry Secusmart phone).
    08-26-15 09:10 AM
    I'm a long-standing BB fanboy who has recently been having an affair with my work phone which is a high-spec samsung... I'm finding myself increasingly enjoying android and using its apps instead of my BB10apps for personal tasks. But I still need my PKB!
    Reading about this new device sounds like the equivalant of a 'mnage trois', and that sounds very appealing indeed. I'm in!

Posted via CB10
    08-26-15 10:58 AM
    BlackBerry Experience is not going to be... "minimum". Not sure about the UI, but the Productivity Suite, the Communications Suite, and the Security Suite. Those are going to be a big hit to performance, which is why most agree that only the Passport and above hardware will be able to handle the BlackBerry Experience. But we will see in a few months what kinda of performance hit these are.

As for BB10... minimum maintenance, for how long? With or Without the Android Runtime?
    Sadly I think based on sales of BB10 over the last few years... it's pretty apparent that there isn't much of an Enterprise customer base for BB10 to begin with, at least not enough to support. Where do you see Enterprise sales with BB10 being... maybe 2 Million BB10 smartphones a year? Just don't see that being sustainable or profitable for BlackBerry..... unless those are sold at MUCH higher margins (like a $2,000 BlackBerry Secusmart phone).
    I am speculating that Enterprise sales might be as low as 500,000 per year. They only sold 890,000 to consumers and Enterprise last Q.

Posted via CB10
    08-26-15 11:02 AM

I mean minimal skinning of the UI. There's no doubting that the apps they will preload will be taxing on the system but from personal experience pure AOSP runs better than heavily skinned ROMs such as TouchWiz even with a lot of embedded apks, which almost all of the BB Experience will be. Obviously I could easily be wrong on this but so far based on my own experience and reading of others, skinned UIs are massively taxing on the system and ruin the experience, even with powerhouse phones like the Galaxys and LGs.

My guess is future phones will be without the runtime, due to the OHA, and all current phones won't be updated. I don't want to say they are gonna completely kill off BB10 as it is by far the most secure OS so certain companies/officials/governments will need it but it will be made in very small amounts for only that use.
    08-26-15 01:30 PM

Sadly this could be the beginning of the end for BB10. I love BB10 but I'm not going to stick with it unless runtime continues to get much better or app development picks up and that's not happening. To me the next best this is a BlackBerry skin on secure Android and if that's what it's going to be I'm happy to buy this new high end phone. My Z30 is starting to look a bit old so my deposit is waiting.

Posted via CrackBerry App
    08-26-15 07:00 PM
    Just hope the slider comes in two options. The Android and BB10 option.

And too bad if the Android option doesn't come with some BB10 gestures. The peak feature /gesture is so good!!!

Posted via CB10
    08-26-15 07:22 PM
    They should sell it as android to get the marketing in but have an autoloader type software update that would let you install the native OS if you'd like. Allow back ups and ability to switch between them. That doesn't seem feasible but it's a nice pipe dream.
    Sent from my 640 using Tapatalk Classic.
    08-26-15 11:45 PM
    Volvo and Subaru... sell enough cars to keep the lights on.
    Volvo and Subaru use the same ecosystem as all other cars.
    08-27-15 08:07 AM
    Found this about the slider...-1440683247969_900758.jpeg

I guess this is an answer to everyones questions
    MO3iusONE and TheQuietRioter like this.
    08-27-15 08:53 AM
    Have you been sniffing glue?

Rock'n that passport!!!!!!
    08-27-15 09:18 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1440683247969_900758.jpeg 
Views:	1311 
Size:	65.8 KB 
ID:	368538

I guess this is an answer to everyones questions
    How long have you waited to let this pic slip?
    God I hope it's real...

Z30/STA100-5/10.3.1.2708
    08-27-15 09:37 AM
    What is it that we are supposed to be seeing?

Posted via CB10
    08-27-15 09:39 AM
    What is it that we are supposed to be seeing?

Posted via CB10
    "Switch to Android "

Posted via CB10
    Bbnivende likes this.
    08-27-15 10:23 AM
    How long have you waited to let this pic slip?
    God I hope it's real...

Z30/STA100-5/10.3.1.2708
    So is this the rumored Hypervisor?

My really kickazz Z30
    08-28-15 03:47 PM
    BlackBerry is pushing customers to use BES12 with other devices. iOS 9 on BES 12 in testing for a large BB10 government shop and it getting very positive reviews. All of BlackBerry's acquisitions, like Watchdox, had Android and iOS support, but not BB10 support except via a browser. BlackBerry will likely continue to support BB10 like they have BBOS, and just doing maintenance for a while. So a zombie OS with no new features. Chen wants out of handsets, and is doing everything possible to make that happen.

Posted via Z30
    Watchdox came out on Zombie OS 10 a few days ago.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2339
    Bbnivende likes this.
    08-28-15 03:54 PM
166 ... 4567