09-19-15 07:08 AM
166 ... 34567
tools
    All I can truthfully say now is that I really hope Blackberry knows what they're doing.
    were you lying before?
    08-19-15 11:08 PM
    Don't know guys. If I wanted an android phone I would get one. Now it would be awesome if you could switch between the two on the fly bb10 and android but doubt that is even possible. So if they don't have a bb10 edition available I'm not interested.

Posted via CB10
    this would be a cool idea, because then you could use it to switch to android for a minute from time to time to just remind yourself why you stuck with BlackBerry 10 in the first place.
    08-19-15 11:11 PM
    I always wonder why if QNX on the Car 2 platform could run iOS/Android/whatever app, why they couldn't just do it on the phone as well.
    Because it's got an iPhone or an Android phone plugged into it running the app. That's clearly how it works. QNX isn't running the apps any more than your TV is running your XBox games. However, people here are letting their imagination run wild about how powerful QNX is. Now have a hypervisor designed for embedded systems suddenly working on a smartphone and virtualizing the latest Android.
    KingOfQwerty likes this.
    08-19-15 11:33 PM
    Frankly I'll be embarrassed to be a BlackBerry owner now that BlackBerry has Android devices...

What a shame they're designing a nice new phone and killing it with crapdroid.
    08-20-15 01:06 AM
    BlackBerry Bought QNX in April 2010. They had to build a mobile OS GUI and functionality because it wasn't there. PlayBook launched in April 2011. So it took a year to TabletOS to a very beta state. It wasn't like if they had bought WebOS, which I wish they had done, and had a complete package to offer quickly to build off of. It basically took BlackBerry 2 years and 9 months to get a phone deployed with QNX because it was a micro kernel and not a complete OS with a mobile optimized GUI that could be put into a phone.

Posted via Z30
    Did you see where I pointed out that they went to Qt, i.e. Cascades, in 2009?
    08-20-15 08:26 AM
    Did you see where I pointed out that they went to Qt, i.e. Cascades, in 2009?
    QT Software, a Nokia subsidiary made QT work to with QNX Neutrino. I watched the video in the link from 2010 that shows some fairly basic things that seem similar to what PlayBook became. It was in no way a completed OS that was mobile ready. There is a reason for some of the similarities between Meego and BB10.

Posted via Z30
    08-20-15 09:34 AM
    Frankly I'll be embarrassed to be a BlackBerry owner now that BlackBerry has Android devices...

What a shame they're designing a nice new phone and killing it with crapdroid.
    Couldn't agree more.

My really kickazz Z30
    KingOfQwerty likes this.
    08-20-15 10:41 AM
    Couldn't agree more.

My really kickazz Z30
    You guys are cooked. The guy said there's two versions, Android, and BB10

Posted via CB10
    OzDude likes this.
    08-20-15 12:37 PM
    In other news, it turns out that you CAN have your cake and eat it, too!
    08-20-15 01:08 PM
    The thing is this still isn't going to do anything for them. Their name is just too tarnished. A blackberry with android will get some to bite but nothing significant. The only hope is from the one rumor that Google is supporting this by funding marketing this as the most secure android phone. That could boost sales significantly.

Posted via CB10
    KingOfQwerty likes this.
    08-20-15 05:17 PM
    The thing is this still isn't going to do anything for them. Their name is just too tarnished. A blackberry with android will get some to bite but nothing significant. The only hope is from the one rumor that Google is supporting this by funding marketing this as the most secure android phone. That could boost sales significantly.

Posted via CB10
    Highly unlikely if this device supports SD cards. Google wants to promote companies that make phones without it so they can force you to use their icloud, eh hem, I mean google cloud (totally different of course...) service.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    08-20-15 06:34 PM
    Oh man. This completely screwed my morning.

Key disappointments:
    5.5"???
    Analdroid
    No gestures
    Analdroid style multitasking
    Analdroid style notifications

I am willing to pay $1000 for updated Q10, a smart phone that fits in my shirt pocket. Sadly, it will never happen and I would invest those money for finger enlargement surgery and brain surgery (so I can like Analdroid).

Posted via CB10
    Calm down, there will be also slider with BB 10 OS. Not dual boot, but 2 version. Just like HTC one m8, they release the android and windows phone version.

Posted via bb :P
    OzDude likes this.
    08-20-15 06:58 PM
    Many or even most say they prefer BB10 over the Android version of the slider and possibly the Passport. Would you still prefer BB10 if getting Android means no runtime (on future devices) ?

Posted via CB10
    08-20-15 11:54 PM
    Many or even most say they prefer BB10 over the Android version of the slider and possibly the Passport. Would you still prefer BB10 if getting Android means no runtime (on future devices) ?

Posted via CB10
    Yesss. I would very much prefer BB10, even without the android runtime. I use the device for work, not to play. The BBW has all the apps I need.

Z10STL100-4/10.3.2.2339 on XL Network
    extisis and KingOfQwerty like this.
    08-21-15 12:19 AM
    I'd even go to BBOS if I have to. That 9930 looks nice and productive enough. But I think the Passport will keep.

08-21-15 12:22 AM
    Come on man that is lame. It actually runs all four OS's at the same time with the QNX hypervisor. Want to run MS Office boom. FaceTime, Boom. Hub Boom. Google collect your dataware Boom. All at the same time. Last about 20 minutes on that 3000 mA battery, but it is the most awesome 20 minutes of your life!

Posted via Z30
    And some people just talk about awesome 20 minutes whole life and in fact they just talk talk and talk!

Posted via CB10
    08-21-15 01:13 AM
    Yesss. I would very much prefer BB10, even without the android runtime. I use the device for work, not to play. The BBW has all the apps I need.

it's funny the abundance of people who can't believe one could be satisfied with the apps offered in BBW. it's not perfect but it does work for me. The only android app i was sort of forced to use was Skype... but even that has been replaced by BBM Video<--- love this. Faceflow was another decent native app but they have since pulled it, not sure why.

if this slider came in BB10 glory i would suck up the sight of the curved screen and give it a whirl. maybe they have cool uses for the curves... maybe not. any info on the screen itself? is it safe to question whether or not they'll go all out and provide QHD, 1440 x 2560 Super AMOLED-type specs ala S6 Edge?
    08-21-15 01:14 AM
    And this is why BlackBerry is in the state it's in - too few people only use their phone for work, and those who do have an iDroid for play.

I use about 50/50 Android/BB10 apps. There's a great parking app my city has made available that lets me sign in and out of parking spots. I used to spend $2 to park not knowing how long I'd be there for - now with the app I can sign out of a spot and sometimes it's calculated a fee of $0.30. ergo, the Android runtime saves me money.

Also it's kinda nice to have Office and OneNote apps on my phone... you know, "work" apps...
    08-21-15 01:24 AM
    Ok. So, once again..No leaks the BB10 version.
    As you can see, we are a bit jaded by the Android reports.

My really kickazz Z30
    08-21-15 01:35 AM
    it's funny the abundance of people who can't believe one could be satisfied with the apps offered in BBW. it's not perfect but it does work for me. The only android app i was sort of forced to use was Skype... but even that has been replaced by BBM Video<--- love this. Faceflow was another decent native app but they have since pulled it, not sure why.

if this slider came in BB10 glory i would suck up the sight of the curved screen and give it a whirl. maybe they have cool uses for the curves... maybe not. any info on the screen itself? is it safe to question whether or not they'll go all out and provide QHD, 1440 x 2560 Super AMOLED-type specs ala S6 Edge?
    Agreed about the Skype vs BBM video, bro. Unfortunately, I don't have any insight about the slider, but I have a strong suspicion and believe that it'll run BB10. It's fishy that so many analdroid creeps are forcing their wants about the device, with pictures, videos and everything.

Me, I'll believe it when I see it. But I have my suspicions. Hopefully it'll pan through.

08-21-15 01:38 AM
    Agreed about the Skype vs BBM video, bro. Unfortunately, I don't have any insight about the slider, but I have a strong suspicion and believe that it'll run BB10. It's fishy that so many analdroid creeps are forcing their wants about the device, with pictures, videos and everything.

Me, I'll believe it when I see it. But I have my suspicions. Hopefully it'll pan through.

yea... i think i've had my fair share of speculation for this month. time to lay off the slider threads. i want concrete info.
    08-21-15 01:47 AM

Posted via CB10
    Where??!!

My really kickazz Z30
    08-21-15 11:27 AM
    Where??!!

My really kickazz Z30
    LOL! Exactly. Nothing but gooks and shooks. All hearsay and they call it news? What the fff is going on???

Heh.

TheQuietRioter likes this.
    08-21-15 11:42 AM
    CB users Ozfork and Chaplain_Clancy saying slider will come in Android and BB10 flavors...

http://forums.crackberry.com/general...0-too-1034470/

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    08-21-15 11:59 AM
    Posted via CB10
    But they do not say whether the BB10 version has runtime. A BB10 phone without runtime is a non-starter in the market place except for some Enterprise users and Crackberry posters.

If they do make an Android slider they should visually distinguish this phone's label for consumers. I suggested using the Android symbol somewhere on the device.
    08-21-15 12:13 PM
166 ... 34567