09-19-15 07:08 AM
166 1234 ...
tools
    if and I say if this guy is telling the truth then I'm not happy about it been droid don't want droid crap sorry but I don't I, love bb10
    lift, Vistaus and Flatman like this.
    08-18-15 10:28 AM
    Oct 1, 2015: Blackberry died today. After years of misdirection and bad management the handset maker became an Android. Gone are the sweet gestures of OS10. Replaced by the herky jerky movements of a lollipop that you cant suck. Going into the ground will be active frames and the beauty that was the HUB. After years of missteps and missed goals the BB public must come to realize that their beloved phone has been taken off life support. Beat to death by an Apple
    08-18-15 10:31 AM
    I'm so torn!

BB10 or Android...

I don't know what I'd rather. Lot's of BB10 features I'd miss dearly.
    08-18-15 11:12 AM
    BlackBerry should realize they are something like Volvo. Volvo has a small and very loyal following for their cars. People that buy Volvo cars do so for the safety and build quality. Also like Subaru, another small company with a loyal following. I have bought 4 Subaru's over the last 15 years and do so for the quality and safety. I can't see myself buying another brand just to look cool or fit in to some crowd.
    My point is that BlackBerry is also a small company with a loyal following and the reason people buy BlackBerry devices is for the security and privacy they get. I'm sure Volvo and Subaru don't want to change what made them have a loyal following for all these years. I think what BlackBerry would be doing by going to android is slapping their loyal Buyers and users in the face and saying "screw you guys that have supported us all these years. We want more money and are going to jump on the android bandwagon and if you don't like it, too bad". BlackBerry doesn't understand that their users and buyers are LOYAL to the OS and the Brand. Moving to android and just being like everyone else is going to be the end of them because they will never be able to compete in that market. I for one will never buy a BlackBerry running android. What's the point?
    08-18-15 11:22 AM
    Oh well, in my opinion, this is the beginning of the end for BlackBerry. What a shame.
    No, the trajectory indicates a merger of the two systems into hybrid of both. This hybrid would include BB security along with Android apps through Google Play. The numerous cooperative ventures between Samsung and BB are just the surface of what I suspect is happening. A BB10/Android M hybrid just might work to the advantage of both companies.
    nvsfg likes this.
    08-18-15 12:05 PM
    Honestly I'm torn. I want blackberry to succeed, i really do. I love BB10 to death but it just doesn't seem to be doing. Most likely because of poor marketing and people not even willing to give it a try. But, I'm with Blackberry 120% anyday anytime. If they feel an android phone or an integration because the android OS and BB10 will move them forward. Then by all means, they should go through with it............ They better put their all into it though. And do totally insane marketing.
    lylesilverman, Vistaus and nvsfg like this.
    08-18-15 12:09 PM
    No, the trajectory indicates a merger of the two systems into hybrid of both. This hybrid would include BB security along with Android apps through Google Play. The numerous cooperative ventures between Samsung and BB are just the surface of what I suspect is happening. A BB10/Android M hybrid just might work to the advantage of both companies.
    Exactly!
    08-18-15 12:10 PM
    I'm sorry, but I have to say that it's BULLSHYT. A hybrid like that would surely compromise the security side of the BlackBerry. There's no way around it. One can't simply fool Google that way if one wants to use Google Services, unlike the mere android runtime like what we have now with the current BB10.

Z10STL100-4/10.3.2.2339 on XL Network
    08-18-15 12:13 PM
    BlackBerry should realize they are something like Volvo. Volvo has a small and very loyal following for their cars. People that buy Volvo cars do so for the safety and build quality. Also like Subaru, another small company with a loyal following. I have bought 4 Subaru's over the last 15 years and do so for the quality and safety. I can't see myself buying another brand just to look cool or fit in to some crowd.
    My point is that BlackBerry is also a small company with a loyal following and the reason people buy BlackBerry devices is for the security and privacy they get. I'm sure Volvo and Subaru don't want to change what made them have a loyal following for all these years. I think what BlackBerry would be doing by going to android is slapping their loyal Buyers and users in the face and saying "screw you guys that have supported us all these years. We want more money and are going to jump on the android bandwagon and if you don't like it, too bad". BlackBerry doesn't understand that their users and buyers are LOYAL to the OS and the Brand. Moving to android and just being like everyone else is going to be the end of them because they will never be able to compete in that market. I for one will never buy a BlackBerry running android. What's the point?
    Volvo and Subaru... sell enough cars to keep the lights on.
    08-18-15 12:22 PM
    very depressing,maybe it's true,damn!
    08-18-15 12:36 PM
    If QNX is the hypervisor then I can easily see how it would work. Android fully loaded to launch droid apps but still be BB10 for native apps.

Although, could be full android.

Who knows? Not us. Not for a short while anyhow.

Posted via CB10
    Pcmx likes this.
    08-18-15 12:44 PM
    No gesture and hopping to a home key. I'm out and will not buy the slider with Android OS. I just run away from Android. mmmmm I thought to buy the slider, but I think it will be the end of BlackBerry if this is only came out with Android. No active frames also.

We will See, I still believe the slider will come out with BB10 ,like chen told us .
    Vistaus, eldricho and gnirkatto like this.
    08-18-15 01:05 PM
    Like it! I hope it will do one hardware design for multiple phones as I said in http://forums.crackberry.com/armchai...iness-1031792/
    08-18-15 01:10 PM
    BB10 runs a personal side and a work side when attached t BES. Which by the way is the only real secure BB.

So imagine a full android phone that when connected to BES has an Android personal side and locked down BB side. Why?

It gets Google and BB to back into the secure workplace space which Apple has dominated for many years.

PS - Much easier to harden the kernel and lock down even the Android side on M.
    Last edited by 1magine; 08-18-15 at 01:37 PM.
    DJM626 likes this.
    08-18-15 01:19 PM
    The Volvo analogy would work if each car manufacturer required its own special kind of fuel because the apps that people use to get things done at work and at home don't run on all smartphones. A BB10 handset is more like a car that runs on natural gas - you can use it but some definite restrictions are going to apply.

Having your work OS separate from your personal OS sounds like a functionality nightmare. I can understand having different communication apps for work, but a different OS would mean 2X the learning curve navigate around not to mention the resources need to simultaneously run two operating systems. It doesn't make any sense and is bound to be surpassed by a simpler solution.
    08-18-15 01:36 PM
    Great! Just bring it. Raise the F'n stock price so I can finally sell my crap and go pout in the corner like a big baby. Shame on me for having blind faith.
    dalinxz likes this.
    08-18-15 02:33 PM
    Sounds awesome. Can't wait for it to be announced.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2339
    08-18-15 02:42 PM
    BlackBerry should realize they are something like Volvo. Volvo has a small and very loyal following for their cars. People that buy Volvo cars do so for the safety and build quality. Also like Subaru, another small company with a loyal following.
    Volvo and Subaru (I buy Subarus as well BTW) have found a way to grow profitably if modestly while serving their core customers. BlackBerry has not done this on hardware with BB10. Surely they'd prefer to be selling BB10 profitably on their hardware.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2339
    Coachbulldog likes this.
    08-18-15 02:49 PM
    Great! Just bring it. Raise the F'n stock price so I can finally sell my crap and go pout in the corner like a big baby. Shame on me for having blind faith.
    Sadly.... I doubt that will happen either.

I'm afraid that for a while, enterprise is going to be cautious with anything BlackBerry. Even if the SLIDER is a GREAT device with no lag and long battery life and all the apps and security that a company would want..... It's still tied to a company that can't seem to make up their mind what they are going to do and has some major finical issues still facing them. Doesn't matter if it is a Hardware solution or just a software solution... Enterprise needs to know it will be available down the road and that is will be supported.

I do think many here will jump at the chance for a Flagship BlackBerry...but enough to make the stock market take note.... no.

Your going to need to wait for another buyout rumor, or for either the Nanthealt or the IoT products to come to market and become revenue earners. I'm pretty sure when Chen said another 18 months was needed... that was a minimum.

But don't feel bad... many of us that bought a Z10 or Q10 did it on blind faith and the belief that many developers were working to bring apps to the platform.
    08-18-15 03:07 PM
    - BlackBerry wants it to feel like Android by using Material Design framework.

This was one of the first letdowns

- BlackBerry 10 gestures are not present.

The Goddamn deal breaker, I really hope he isn't right about this. It was the main thing I hoped it would have if it indeed ran Android. Oh well..

Posted via CB10
    There may be a slight bit of hope as they stated that the software might not be finalized as of yet. If they realize the importance of this to many BB users, they just may find a way to implement it somehow
    08-18-15 06:13 PM
    Sadly.... I doubt that will happen either.

I'm afraid that for a while, enterprise is going to be cautious with anything BlackBerry. Even if the SLIDER is a GREAT device with no lag and long battery life and all the apps and security that a company would want..... It's still tied to a company that can't seem to make up their mind what they are going to do and has some major finical issues still facing them. Doesn't matter if it is a Hardware solution or just a software solution... Enterprise needs to know it will be available down the road and that is will be supported.

I do think many here will jump at the chance for a Flagship BlackBerry...but enough to make the stock market take note.... no.

Your going to need to wait for another buyout rumor, or for either the Nanthealt or the IoT products to come to market and become revenue earners. I'm pretty sure when Chen said another 18 months was needed... that was a minimum.

But don't feel bad... many of us that bought a Z10 or Q10 did it on blind faith and the belief that many developers were working to bring apps to the platform.
    Exactly. They will likely trust them with the MDM/EMM piece, because they added support for other platforms, but why invest in BlackBerry branded handsets running Android from a company that couldn't commit to the PlayBook, wouldn't commit to BlackBerry 10, and now has this Android plan that they may not be committed to either if it doesn't take off immediately, when you can buy an Android phone from Samsung or Apple that your end users actually want to use and is committed to providing new hardware year after year. At least with BB10 they could point to superior security.

Posted via Z30
    08-18-15 06:35 PM
    - BlackBerry wants it to feel like Android by using Material Design framework.

This was one of the first letdowns

- BlackBerry 10 gestures are not present.

The Goddamn deal breaker, I really hope he isn't right about this. It was the main thing I hoped it would have if it indeed ran Android. Oh well..

Posted via CB10
    I was kind of expecting this, for better or for worse. Keep Android as close to stock as possible and you have an easier time rolling out OS updates, which is hugely important for security.
    08-18-15 07:40 PM
    Volvo and Subaru... sell enough cars to keep the lights on.
    And BlackBerry is selling enough BB10 devices to keep the lights on also.
    08-18-15 08:15 PM
    Actually you did point out something true
    Hypervisor. Everything I know at this point (don't ask me how I know, but those who have been around long enough may have a clue) suggests that QNX is at the core of slider with Hypervisor in place.
    So YES, there is definitely Android, but it doesn't mean no BB10 integration with Android, including the current gestures.
    I can't confirm this for sure, but I have every reason to believe what I'm told
    YES, Please! I really want to believe this but if not, then the Slider may still be my first Android phone to add to the collection - if I can afford it Just gotta wait and see now!
    08-18-15 08:36 PM
    It begins to look like the slider will be stock Android running the same BlackBerry Experience suite that will be made available to all Android devices, as well as other platforms. Possibly a downloadable launcher.

If so, then the only reason to buy from BlackBerry rather than download to some other device would be to take advantage of some special hardware-based security provisions.
    KingOfQwerty and kirson like this.
    08-18-15 08:49 PM
166 1234 ...