09-19-15 06:08 AM
166 123 ...
tools
    http://rapidmobile.biz/blackberry/ru...id-smartphone/

Found this about the slider...-screenshot-2015-08-19-01.37.53.png

Hopefully there is an bb10 option or dual boot...

Posted via CB10
    08-17-15 04:50 PM
    It seems petty credible. Lots of little details in the description.
    08-17-15 05:03 PM
    This maybe my next phone. I loved my Torch. Best of both worlds, IMO. I've tried Android in the past and didn't care for it. But I hope the Hud fixes the usability. I like to see iOS with BlackBerry interface as well.
    08-17-15 06:40 PM
    I am disappointed.

Posted via CB10
    lift, Flatman, Gerii and 1 others like this.
    08-17-15 10:17 PM
    Is this supposed to have both pkb and virtual keyboard?

Posted via  Leap
    08-17-15 10:39 PM
    Is this supposed to have both pkb and virtual keyboard?

Posted via  Leap
    Yep

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2339
    08-17-15 10:41 PM
    Oh well, in my opinion, this is the beginning of the end for BlackBerry. What a shame.
    08-17-15 10:53 PM
    Hmm swiping from the edge to access the hub sounds interesting...

Posted via CB10
    08-17-15 11:28 PM
    I'd prefer if they offered two versions of the phone as well as I am not crazy about android, but I am a supporter of them and willing to give the slider a shot. Who knows, maybe if things don't work out for them, their software side might might be improving as well as developer interest and they can go back to what they have been known and loved for.

At least they have the ability to be able to do that unlike their competition
    08-17-15 11:47 PM
    Bye bye native apps. Bye bye leaks. See you when I see you CB.

Via the Crimson Passport
    Batibreaker likes this.
    08-17-15 11:53 PM
    Slider A for Android
    Slider B for BlackBerry?

I'd prefer if they offered two versions of the phone as well as I am not crazy about android, but I am a supporter of them and willing to give the slider a shot. Who knows, maybe if things don't work out for them, their software side might might be improving as well as developer interest and they can go back to what they have been known and loved for.

At least they have the ability to be able to do that unlike their competition

To BB or not to BBBBBB...?
    08-17-15 11:57 PM
    When closed, there is a physical keyboard that is much like the physical keyboard on the Z30.
    Does not compute. I'm guessing he meant virtual, and everyone who re-posts it fails to add [sic].
    08-18-15 12:10 AM
    It's gonna be too big. Way too big
    Batibreaker likes this.
    08-18-15 01:52 AM
    It's gonna be too big. Way too big
    TWSS!

08-18-15 01:53 AM
    TWSS!

Haha...

Posted via CB10
    08-18-15 02:16 AM
    Does not compute. I'm guessing he meant virtual, and everyone who re-posts it fails to add [sic].
    Yeah I also picked that up. For a guy that has a Passport and knows the Z30 there's just too many mistakes. This guy spends an hour with the device and gives me nothing convincing. I could tell you more about a device after spending five minutes with it.
    08-18-15 06:01 AM
    - BlackBerry wants it to feel like Android by using Material Design framework.

This was one of the first letdowns

- BlackBerry 10 gestures are not present.

The Goddamn deal breaker, I really hope he isn't right about this. It was the main thing I hoped it would have if it indeed ran Android. Oh well..

Posted via CB10
    08-18-15 06:26 AM
    LOL.. the slider actually can quad-boot, it can boot IOS, Windows 10, Android and BB10. It has a whopping onboard storage of 128GB, 16GB of DDR4L-M RAM. 4x the amount of RAM for those high end smartphone that were in the current market. Graphics Adreno 820. Intel Knights Landing mobile processor,13 Megapixels back camera by Samsung & 10 Megapixels front facing camera. State of the art graphene battery technology from Samsung 3000mAh, paratek antenna, Corning Gorilla glass 4 with Liquid Morphium frame. Waterproof, dustproof and drop-proof. Can be in water and salt water for up to 20 days as long as the battery life maintains...

Posted via CB10
    Batibreaker and nvsfg like this.
    08-18-15 06:42 AM
    Oh man. This completely screwed my morning.

Key disappointments:
    5.5"???
    Analdroid
    No gestures
    Analdroid style multitasking
    Analdroid style notifications

I am willing to pay $1000 for updated Q10, a smart phone that fits in my shirt pocket. Sadly, it will never happen and I would invest those money for finger enlargement surgery and brain surgery (so I can like Analdroid).

Posted via CB10
    08-18-15 06:46 AM
    LOL.. the slider actually can quad-boot, it can boot IOS, Windows 10, Android and BB10. It has a whopping onboard storage of 128GB, 16GB of DDR4L-M RAM. 4x the amount of RAM for those high end smartphone that were in the current market. Graphics Adreno 820. Intel Knights Landing mobile processor,13 Megapixels back camera by Samsung & 10 Megapixels front facing camera. State of the art graphene battery technology from Samsung 3000mAh, paratek antenna, Corning Gorilla glass 4 with Liquid Morphium frame. Waterproof, dustproof and drop-proof. Can be in water and salt water for up to 20 days as long as the battery life maintains...

Posted via CB10
    Hahahaha..

nick13b likes this.
    08-18-15 07:05 AM

Posted via CB10
    Come on man that is lame. It actually runs all four OS's at the same time with the QNX hypervisor. Want to run MS Office boom. FaceTime, Boom. Hub Boom. Google collect your dataware Boom. All at the same time. Last about 20 minutes on that 3000 mA battery, but it is the most awesome 20 minutes of your life!

Posted via Z30
    FF22, Flatman, Pcmx and 2 others like this.
    08-18-15 07:16 AM
    Yeah I also picked that up. For a guy that has a Passport and knows the Z30 there's just too many mistakes. This guy spends an hour with the device and gives me nothing convincing. I could tell you more about a device after spending five minutes with it.
    Yeah, this smells BULLSHYT for me. Another one of them analdroid creeps trying to sink BB's stock price even further. I won't believe anything until I see it officially from BlackBerry. But if they really do jump to analdroid and kick the shyt out of BB10, I swear to God this is the most idiotic company in the world.

Gah!
    gokulesh and Vistaus like this.
    08-18-15 08:11 AM
    Come on man that is lame. It actually runs all four OS's at the same time with the QNX hypervisor. Want to run MS Office boom. FaceTime, Boom. Hub Boom. Google collect your dataware Boom. All at the same time. Last about 20 minutes on that 3000 mA battery, but it is the most awesome 20 minutes of your life!

Posted via Z30
    Actually you did point out something true
    Hypervisor. Everything I know at this point (don't ask me how I know, but those who have been around long enough may have a clue) suggests that QNX is at the core of slider with Hypervisor in place.
    So YES, there is definitely Android, but it doesn't mean no BB10 integration with Android, including the current gestures.
    I can't confirm this for sure, but I have every reason to believe what I'm told
    BlackQtCoder and Pcmx like this.
    08-18-15 08:13 AM
    Oh well, in my opinion, this is the beginning of the end for BlackBerry. What a shame.
    The beginning??? More like this is one last gasp at saving the hardware business before it goes under for good.

What they were doing.... was not working. Will this work? Maybe or maybe not, but it is something different.

And much like it made no sense to put much effort into the PlayBook OS once it was EOL. I just don't see the company having resources for going much further with BB10 (if at all). We just have to HOPE that 10.3.3 gives us a newer Android Runtime.... with that we should be ok for as long as most of the current devices will need.
    Witmen and MO3iusONE like this.
    08-18-15 08:30 AM
    Do you all have any idea how hard it is to support one operating system and keep it up? Do, you really think BB, with it's limited resources and move to basically dis all native developers, can support two? Or even if they did, would anyone in their right mind develop for an operating system that for all intents and purposes was not doing well in the first place, but BB has basically now abandoned? If this is true that they are moving even ONE phone to android, BB10 is DEAD. Oh sure, it'll hang around a year or so to appease those who already invested in it. But BB will once again shoot themselves in the foot by pissing off those wjho supported them with their loyalty and money. And blackberry becomes another android phone in a sea of android phones, with the BB tarnished name attached. It's a worthwhile last ditch effort for them to try to salvage the handset business, but it most likely will not work. Once again, moving to android after 400 other companies are already there and most losing money, they will be a day late and a dollar short. For the 5000 people who insist on a pkb, it's just not enough.

BB10 is dead. Long live BB10........if this story is to be believed.......and I'll just bet it is.
    08-18-15 08:38 AM
166 123 ...