04-20-10 06:52 PM
94 ... 234
tools
    There is just so much kneejerk overreacting on here and elsewhere about every little thing that rim might or might not do, some people could be replaced by a script that automatically posted wah rim sucks. Don't get me wrong, a well-written critical post is always welcome, but too often people don't bother.
    Well it's not like people are making assumptions that are unrealistic. It's very certain that this will be the final design, so therefore people are able to react to it without any doubt. If people think it's ugly, then so be it.
    03-03-10 03:07 PM
    I'm noticing a lot of negative comments about the design. Specs aside, I personally like the overall design. The keyboard looks like it may be a bit difficult to use but I see this phone being geared more towards consumers who may only need the keyboard for quick sms and a few emails a day. I love touch screens, and I love a hardware keyboard BB style. Its a nice blend of both. At least its a vertical slider. If the OS gets revamped for the touchscreen I will own one for sure.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-03-10 03:08 PM
    more then 70% of people dont like the new slider and will not buy it... pretty bad numbers if you ask me..
    And mind you this poll was taken among RIM's most loyal and dedicated fans. Definitely not a good sign.
    03-03-10 03:09 PM
    Has anyone seen the droid lol! Now that is UGLY!
    03-03-10 03:15 PM
    i think it looks pretty cool... finally a touch + keyboard BB.... now, the problem for me is the low res screen... 480x360 does not cut it these days... has to be 800x480 to get my attention... but it has promise.... depending on OS and multimedia capability.... i *might* overlook the low screen res if the whole package is KILLER!
    03-03-10 03:17 PM
    Personally i like it. Ive used the Pearl, Pearl Flip, and now the Bold 97. I loved the concept of a blackberry flip. they couldve made it successful if they not only marketed it better, but made a huge fix with its OS and Memory. I uded it for a year. Now seeing this Slider make me hope it is a "Bold". a keyboard and a touch(maybe)? just the fact that one could cover the keyboard makes me happy. not all of us lock our keys. and a slider also allows us to have a large screen, a keyboard, and not have to need a forklift to carry it around.
    03-03-10 03:20 PM
    There is just so much kneejerk overreacting on here and elsewhere about every little thing that rim might or might not do, some people could be replaced by a script that automatically posted wah rim sucks. Don't get me wrong, a well-written critical post is always welcome, but too often people don't bother.
    i think they are so brand loyal/devoted that's why they get overreacted so easily when something doesnt meet their expectation like the ipad for some apple fans a few weeks ago. even though i think it might be a tad bit, doesnt mean they shouldnt post their opinion. everyone should voice in on their opinion, it's what make forum so great. i just dont think it's cool to bash someone for their thought even if it seems ridiculous.
    03-03-10 03:22 PM
    personally, i love it. idk how much that counts for but i would/am definitely getting it.
    03-03-10 03:27 PM
    personally, i love it. idk how much that counts for but i would/am definitely getting it.
    I'm willing to bet an arm and a leg, that RIM is aware that you and many, many others will love it as well.

With all due respect to us as "RIM's loyal and die hard fans" (which we are), we here at crackberry account for a teeny tiny bit of the market RIM is serving. For every CB poster, there are a 100 blackberry owners that just treat it as any other phone, stock theme, stock wallpaper, and never bother checking forums about it, let alone posting about it.

Furthermore, as much as we here at CB hate sliders, and believe me, I doubt anybody hates sliders more than I do, there will be a TON of people flocking to get this phone as the whole slider form factor is extremely popular in the cellphone arena.

Another point we tend to forget sometimes is that the average consumer is not nearly as informed about the specs and capabilities of phones as we are. They see something new and shiney, and they want it. A lot of us look deeper into what a device can and cant do and put more effort into picking the perfect device for us.

The rest of the market, not so much.
    Last edited by nytrackstar; 03-03-10 at 04:09 PM.
    03-03-10 04:03 PM
    I like it, but I cannot judge until its in my hands.
    03-03-10 04:30 PM
    The immediate problem I see with the design is the kitchen sink-ness of it. A trackpad plus touch screen suggests to me that final selection of a highlighted touched item will be done via trackpad, meaning that whatever os this phone ships with won't be radically different from what we have now. Furthermore, I can't even see the touchscreen ever being a big factor - if selection/confirmation is a both/and affair, then won't the trackpad become the preferred mode of interaction?

03-03-10 04:37 PM
    The interaction with the OS could very well be like many android phones. Normal, capacitive touch screen with a trackball (trackpad) which could make certain situations (scrolling, highlighting) much easier.
    03-03-10 05:04 PM
    This hunk of turd (one man's opinion) isin't the magnum/dakota that we've been hearing about? The new flagship of BB....? I'm not saving my hardware upgrade for this slider especially if it falls into the bold catagory. Yuck.
    03-03-10 05:17 PM
    This hunk of turd (one man's opinion) isin't the magnum/dakota that we've been hearing about? The new flagship of BB....? I'm not saving my hardware upgrade for this slider especially if it falls into the bold catagory. Yuck.
    there is a high possibility that it could since bold have always been the name of the flagship.
    03-03-10 05:24 PM
    there is a high possibility that it could since bold have always been the name of the flagship.
    I can't be alone when I say dear g-d I hope your wrong. haha
    03-03-10 05:34 PM
    Lol....I 2nd that. Shouldn't they just come up with a new name since it's a whole new type of device? I don't find that it make any sense to merge this with the bold series since supposedly the tour 2 have the possibility of becoming the next bold. So now anything that have a bold-like keyboard is a bold? Come on now...get a little creative here!!!

03-03-10 08:11 PM
    I like it. As long as it is a completed device and not like the past couple phones with all their bugs.
    03-04-10 05:13 PM
    I hate it.
    03-15-10 04:03 AM
    SWEET!! Can't wait for this..
    04-20-10 06:52 PM
94 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD