04-20-10 06:52 PM
94 1234
tools
    I like it. Before I switched to BlackBerry I had several portrait slider phones, and they were nice and easy to use with one hand. The landscape keyboards I had basically required two hands. The benefits of a large screen, the option of detailed selection with a track pad plus the ease of touch selection if it has a touchscreen... it's got a lot going for it!
    03-03-10 12:23 PM
    LOL, perfect example. You have no idea whether its a touch or not and already its a "stupid concept, screw RIM, etc" ....

Sheeeesh
    Dude seriously if you dont like what people are saying then dont read the thread, its that simple......now one is asking you for your opinion of our opinions....the whole point of me starting this thread was for peoples opinions on the phone.

Its really not that serious.....its really not
    03-03-10 12:24 PM
    Realease it with a polished 6.0 with widgets etc. and it could be a game changer for RIM.
    Well unfortunately that will probably happen in 2015 while other competitors are miles ahead.
    03-03-10 12:27 PM
    Well unfortunately that will probably happen in 2015 while other competitors are miles ahead.
    I agree with you in a sense; I think RIM has been slow with their O.S. but also think that being such a major player they must be aware of this and with the release of the I phone followed by Palm's WebOS followed by Googles Android OS (I dont think WM is even a serious contender at this point) they must be aware that they need a "game changer". I imagine that is why we have seen 5.0 and rapid releases of newer versions that have since slowed. I think they have all but scrapped 5.0 and have been working round the clock on 6.0 (my theory) so they can drop it with the new crop of Blackberry Smartphones getting ready to drop this year. We have the possibility of this phone, Storm3, Magnum/Dakota, and I would imagine one more Candy Bar "traditional" Blackberry for the purist, if they dropped with a brand new OS RIM would really make a statement.

C'mon dont crush my hopes...let a man dream lol.

I still have faith in you RIM
    03-03-10 12:35 PM
    I don't think the phone looks great, but I'm with a couple of the other posters...for me, specs and functionality rule. Of course there must be a balance, but still, function over form, please. Thank you.
    Last edited by inthefresh; 03-03-10 at 12:39 PM. Reason: Missed a couple commas. I like commas.
    03-03-10 12:38 PM
    I hope this is as successful as the Pearl Flip LOL.
    03-03-10 12:41 PM
    Dude seriously if you dont like what people are saying then dont read the thread, its that simple......now one is asking you for your opinion of our opinions....the whole point of me starting this thread was for peoples opinions on the phone.

Its really not that serious.....its really not
    Liking or not liking what people are posting has nothing to do with posting in a thread. We're having a discussion, there is no rule of having to agree with peoples' opinions in order to participate in the discussion.

I was just expressing MY feelings towards a tendency of a number of users on this board. A tendency that in every aspect of life is considered bad practice.

Jumping to conclusions and making wild accusations regarding RIM's competence without having any information other than a picture, is in my opinion, bad practice.

So before you come at me all high and mighty, understand that I was simply expressing my feelings and suggesting that people wait to find out more info before chasing RIM with torches and pitchforks (hypothetically speaking ofcourse).

and a side note, my posts were not meant to offend anybody and I sincerely apologize if they have, I was just venting about an issue that happens all too often around here.
    03-03-10 12:50 PM
    I hope this is as successful as the Pearl Flip LOL.
    Wow; I understand that this phone is not for everybody but I have seen a lot of posts that wish the phone tanks if released. I hope RIM suceeds even if it releases a phone that is not for me (although I think this one may be).
    03-03-10 12:52 PM
    "I judge sliders on how they look when the keyboard is hidden."

exactly. most people here don't seem to be smart enough to get that.
    03-03-10 12:54 PM
    God....that crap is fugly! The reason why I went to blackberry was because I wanted a qwerty bar phone "without any type of slider", even when it lacks a touchscreen.
    so don't buy one.

if you had any business sense, you'd realize that BB needs to have various phones for various tastes. people are acting quite strange... let's see...

1. full size screen
    2. actual keyboard...

best of both worlds.
    03-03-10 12:56 PM
    Liking or not liking what people are posting has nothing to do with posting in a thread. We're having a discussion, there is no rule of having to agree with peoples' opinions in order to participate in the discussion.

I was just expressing MY feelings towards a tendency of a number of users on this board. A tendency that in every aspect of life is considered bad practice.

Jumping to conclusions and making wild accusations regarding RIM's competence without having any information other than a picture, is in my opinion, bad practice.

So before you come at me all high and mighty, understand that I was simply expressing my feelings and suggesting that people wait to find out more info before chasing RIM with torches and pitchforks (hypothetically speaking ofcourse).

and a side note, my posts were not meant to offend anybody and I sincerely apologize if they have, I was just venting about an issue that happens all too often around here.
    No on is coming at you "High and Mighty" Im expressing my Opinion just as you are......

Now im just gonna leave it like that

This design to ME is Ugly and not very appealing, but as a blackberry enthusiast I am hoping that they succeed and everything they do, because a world with out a RIM is a world I dont wanna live in!
    03-03-10 12:57 PM
    One thing we can all agree on is that this site provides us with plenty of excitement when work gets a little dull!

On with the battle royal!
    03-03-10 12:58 PM
    I'm just curious as to how people want this thing to look like. It's supposed to be a BB with a Touchscreen and a keyboard. So either it slides up or slides sideways or you make it Treo/Pixi small, so for some of you pick your poison.
    03-03-10 01:02 PM
    because a world with out a RIM is a world I dont wanna live in!
    That is something we can both agree too!

...and I don't think this phone is particularly good looking either, I myself prefer my 9700.

As others have mentioned though, there is a huge market for "slider" type devices, and RIM is planning on catering to them.

I just hope that this is not the phone that will replace the magnum/dakota 9000/9700 type device with touchscreen and keyboard that we have all been expecting...
    03-03-10 01:09 PM
    No offense but i dont see why some of these poster have a problem and get all worked up with another person post. Some of you guys just go off ranting about how you dislike another person's opinion because of this and because of that. It's THEIR opinion. if they dislike it, it's their problem. Some of you guys make it seems like, if they dont agree to your opinion, then they are stupid and you must bash them. get real people!!! (wait for some flaming on my post...lol)
    03-03-10 01:20 PM
    That is something we can both agree too!

...and I don't think this phone is particularly good looking either, I myself prefer my 9700.

As others have mentioned though, there is a huge market for "slider" type devices, and RIM is planning on catering to them.

I just hope that this is not the phone that will replace the magnum/dakota 9000/9700 type device with touchscreen and keyboard that we have all been expecting...
    There is a new post on the main page.........RIM really screwed this up Supposed to be a BOLD 9700a and the same resolution 480x360 really RIM really.....

This Disappoints me alot as most every other screen is AMOLDED OR LED With a better Res....

I wonder if this is for the teeny booper market.....are those just looking to get into the blackberry for the first time
    03-03-10 01:20 PM
    There is a new post on the main page.........RIM really screwed this up Supposed to be a BOLD 9700a and the same resolution 480x360 really RIM really.....

This Disappoints me alot as most every other screen is AMOLDED OR LED With a better Res....

I wonder if this is for the teeny booper market.....are those just looking to get into the blackberry for the first time
    the 360x480 issue really bugs me...

and as mentioned in the article, releasing this form factor makes more business sense then releasing a touch version of the 9700 (magnum/dakota), especially while the 9700 is still a hot phone. That bugs me as well since I was really looking forward to the magnum/dakota...

I guess at this point we need to wait and see
    03-03-10 01:41 PM
    I think it's pretty obvious that a majority of people on this forum do not like the look of the device. Whether or not it works well is something none of us can comment on, but right now all we can judge is the physical look of the deivce (which is very important anyway). While a slider device won't be in the same market as the iPhone, most people will compare the two and make their call simply on looks. And you can even feel a sense of dissapointment on the front page post about this design. I think everyone is secretly hoping that this is a really old prototype that is just a starting point, when unfortunately this seems to be the final build.

And also, according to the front page post, the estimated release is this upcoming summer. Considering the same post also mentioned it would launch with 6.0, I see no way that it could launch as early as this summer. I mean the Verizon 9630 doesn't even have an official 5.0 yet!!! Now I could see this launching this summer with 5.0, but definitely not 6.0. That seems highly unrealistic to me.
    Last edited by jorGeorge; 03-03-10 at 01:55 PM.
    03-03-10 01:50 PM
    I really like the idea, but they need to get rid of the send/end buttons and the trackpad on the screen and put those buttons on the slide down keyboard.
    03-03-10 02:04 PM
    By the time this comes out I will be gone from RIM. Maybe one day I'll come back, but I am completely disenchanted with the way RIM has done things for a while now.

I love my Storm. I loved my Curve. But I keep waiting for something new and exciting and innovative and either they release the same damn phone with a different name tacked on or they frankenstein something together like this which is, I'm sorry, seriously lacking. Stuck in 2005 indeed.

Sorry RIM - until you pick up your socks, I'm out as soon as I can.
    03-03-10 02:09 PM
    RIM took a step backwards in my mind anyway on this new Blackberry Slider. It looks extreamly ugly and who the **** would want a slider Blackberry?? I see this slider going the way the Pearl Flip Blackberry did..extinction
    03-03-10 02:52 PM
    I think it's pretty obvious that a majority of people on this forum do not like the look of the device. Whether or not it works well is something none of us can comment on, but right now all we can judge is the physical look of the deivce (which is very important anyway). While a slider device won't be in the same market as the iPhone, most people will compare the two and make their call simply on looks. And you can even feel a sense of dissapointment on the front page post about this design. I think everyone is secretly hoping that this is a really old prototype that is just a starting point, when unfortunately this seems to be the final build.

And also, according to the front page post, the estimated release is this upcoming summer. Considering the same post also mentioned it would launch with 6.0, I see no way that it could launch as early as this summer. I mean the Verizon 9630 doesn't even have an official 5.0 yet!!! Now I could see this launching this summer with 5.0, but definitely not 6.0. That seems highly unrealistic to me.
    I totally agree what you are saying in your first paragraph. I'm pretty sure the product wont be no less than the current bb on market. I think the main disappointment/fustration from some of the poster is that the execution of this idea isnt quite meet us crackberry's expectation. When i first saw this pic, I even said to myself "is this the best they can do with all that money they make?" i understand they are targeting another market with these type of phone...but sorry, I think portrait slider are pretty old school. I am not very fond of sliders, they just feel so easily breakable and a hassel to work with to me. So like many other already posted it, if i dont like it...dont buy it...believe me i wont.
    03-03-10 03:01 PM
    RIM took a step backwards in my mind anyway on this new Blackberry Slider. It looks extreamly ugly and who the **** would want a slider Blackberry?? I see this slider going the way the Pearl Flip Blackberry did..extinction
    somehow i feel there gonna be a rant on your post, haha
    03-03-10 03:03 PM
    No offense but i dont see why some of these poster have a problem and get all worked up with another person post. Some of you guys just go off ranting about how you dislike another person's opinion because of this and because of that. It's THEIR opinion. if they dislike it, it's their problem. Some of you guys make it seems like, if they dont agree to your opinion, then they are stupid and you must bash them. get real people!!! (wait for some flaming on my post...lol)
    There is just so much kneejerk overreacting on here and elsewhere about every little thing that rim might or might not do, some people could be replaced by a script that automatically posted wah rim sucks. Don't get me wrong, a well-written critical post is always welcome, but too often people don't bother.
    03-03-10 03:04 PM
    somehow i feel there gonna be a rant on your post, haha
    a Poll was taken just yesterday on the front page of crackberry asking people if they like the new Blackberry slider, and if so, would you buy it?...

more then 70% of people dont like the new slider and will not buy it... pretty bad numbers if you ask me..
    03-03-10 03:06 PM
94 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD