04-20-10 05:52 PM
94 1234
tools
    Whatever u say dude....but anyway, that bottom front part totally remind me of a htc hero for some odd reason

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I thought that too until I just now looked at the MyTouch 3G and its quite similar except for the trackpad
    03-02-10 08:23 PM
    I am not sure why everyone seems to be hating on this idea of a slider phone. Its basic marketing to me, you have had plain box looking phone, then the pearl, then the curve, touchscreen, etc... I think they are just going towards whats new in the possible options for something "new" I personally like the idea of the phone. It would be great if the phone had large hi res screen that was touch and the option for a full qwerty keyboard as well.... options are not a bad thing....i personally like the look of the phone as well too. Change is uncomfortable but not always a bad thing. just my thoughts
    03-02-10 08:24 PM
    I'm all for a bb slider and have been envisioning what one would look like. That thing looks like my vision's inbred ******** midget sibling.
    03-02-10 08:38 PM
    That thing is the ugliest bb I seen. I don't like the whole idea of a bb slider, but I would prefer the side slider more than this. As other mentioned, it probably awkward to handle from the look of the size.

@md12.
    Lol....that last line just made my day.

03-02-10 09:00 PM
    The storm series will always be touch only. This will be of another series.
    03-02-10 09:22 PM
    I kinda like it and i'm all for RIM diversifying instead of coming out with 4 or 5 versions of a regular blackberry. Why not have a regular non touch BB (the size of the original Bold and the size of the current Bold 2) , a pearl type BB, full touch screen BB, a portrait slider touch screen BB, horizontal slider Touchscreen BB and a candybar touchscreen BB. This way they can please everyone. Granted if they come out with these you are not forced to by them if you don't like them you can still use your regular BB.
    03-02-10 10:01 PM
    That slide out keyboard is an app, its only $3.99 in app world .......calm down folks!!!
    03-02-10 10:02 PM
    Screen looks about the same size as the picture CX had up on twitter a few weeks ago.
    03-02-10 10:12 PM
    I wouldn't mind a touch screen (no surepress) BB with a slider, provided it's not larger than the current S2, but looks sleeker.

However, I would much rather have a revamped, sleek, efficient, fast OS than a shiny new BB.
    03-02-10 11:05 PM
    According to Kevin and the tips he's been getting, this will most likely be the final design for the device. Uh oh...
    03-02-10 11:54 PM
    I am not a fan of slider phones, the moving parts make me feel like I could break the phone very easily. I understand RIM's decision to make a phone like this and that would ne to appear to a wider group of people. Its not that ugly as many people write... Though its not totally wonderful to gaze upon either. Since its a BlackBerry device, ill have to give it a try. Its another step into the great beyond of cell phone making... Or something like that. I use a Storm2 and miss my BlackBerry Bold 9000 keyboard. Maybe this device will work for some people... Time will tell.

03-02-10 11:54 PM
    I am not a fan of slider phones, the moving parts make me feel like I could break the phone very easily. I understand RIM's decision to make a phone like this and that would ne to appear to a wider group of people. Its not that ugly as many people write... Though its not totally wonderful to gaze upon either. Since its a BlackBerry device, ill have to give it a try. Its another step into the great beyond of cell phone making... Or something like that. I use a Storm2 and miss my BlackBerry Bold 9000 keyboard. Maybe this device will work for some people... Time will tell.

Well, many people struggle with choosing between the 9700 and the Storm2. This kind of phone may be appealing for those people types of people that can't choose between a large screen and a physical keyboard. It isn't the easiest choice to make.
    03-02-10 11:57 PM
    Personally, I like the phone. Would I buy it no, but its a step in the right direction. IMO, they need a touchscreen/keyboard. The magnum prototype the screen is to small. So unless you make a really long phone that doesn't slide like the Palm Pixi then you need to have a slider. Treo's worked for a long time, but now the trend is big screens or big screens with a slide-out keyboard. You can't keep making 9700 clones and changing the numbers on them, and the Storm series is only touch. You will eventually need a "best of both worlds" phone, whether it be Pixi like or slider, thus the reason HTC is so popular right now is because they give people choices. But you can't have a small a** screen like on the Magnum prototype I don't want to be squinting and wanting to have to zoom in 4x just to read.
    03-03-10 02:31 AM
    that slide out keyboard is an app, its only $3.99 in app world .......calm down folks!!!
    lmao.........:d
    03-03-10 06:24 AM
    Gosh at least get with the times RIM and go for the horizontal slider :/
    03-03-10 06:33 AM
    The whole lower-front portion is disgusting. And why do people think RIM NEEDS to make a slider? Why do you think Apple will never do that? Because they now it's impossible to make it functional and attractive. Maybe RIM should do the same and forget about the slider market.
    What makes you so certain Apple will not make a slider-style phone? One of the main markets Apple misses is people who like the phone but cannot come around to wanting a solely touch-based phone. I say in the future Apple does, in fact, make a device with a physical keyboard. Mind you, not all of Apple's devices are touch-based (albeit the popular ones, indeed, are).

03-03-10 07:32 AM
    What makes you so certain Apple will not make a slider-style phone? One of the main markets Apple misses is people who like the phone but cannot come around to wanting a solely touch-based phone. I say in the future Apple does, in fact, make a device with a physical keyboard. Mind you, not all of Apple's devices are touch-based (albeit the popular ones, indeed, are).

didnt steve jobs stated that he hated buttons a while back? and i highly doubt he cares what ppl that like touch-based phone cares...1 person dislike the iphone, there are 3 in line to take his spot.
    03-03-10 08:26 AM
    thats the ugliest looking blackberry I have seen. I dont like sliders how they are, but on a Blackberry, this is by far the worst and ugliest phone i have seen...
    03-03-10 08:33 AM
    I like the slider idea, but I dont like the way that looks at all. And looks aside, if Blackberry doesnt spruce up their OS then I wont be getting another BB.
    03-03-10 09:16 AM
    i wouldn't attach the storm name to this slider, it doesn't look to be touch screen cuz it's got a trackpad.

that said, what a stupid concept, a large screen with no touch? wtf rim, this looks so yesteryear.
    03-03-10 09:51 AM
    Some of you guys are hysterical..."RIM is stupid, RIM is this, RIM is that"...

You armchair product managers and armchair CEO's know maybe 1% of what the people that actually make decisions over at RIM know. You know NOTHING about their market research and NOTHING about the processes they go through before starting a new line of products.

All you are good for is sitting back and saying "i came to bb for a candy bar bla bla" or "RIM knows nothing about this and nothing about that"

You don't like it? dont effin buy it. TRUST me, RIM doesn't need you. There are plenty of people that will love this phone and buy it and you can stay content with your candy bar or storm or curve or which ever phone you decided on. So Grow up.

At the end of the day, theyre selling tens of thousands of phones with revenues in the billions every quarter... what are you doing?

/end rant

(note: this post isnt directed at anybody in particular)
    Last edited by nytrackstar; 03-03-10 at 10:17 AM.
    03-03-10 10:14 AM
    I am less concerned with the looks then I am with the specs.

I agree that I thought it might look more modern. i.e. less space around the screen (maybe it is a physical function of the slider)

My questions are:

Will this have specs similar to the storm3?

Same size and resolution screem?
    Will it be LTE?

Will it arrive after the storm3?
    03-03-10 11:04 AM
    i wouldn't attach the storm name to this slider, it doesn't look to be touch screen cuz it's got a trackpad.

that said, what a stupid concept, a large screen with no touch? wtf rim, this looks so yesteryear.
    There are many touch screen phone with a trackball or trackpad, so that logic isnt sound
    03-03-10 11:06 AM

LOL, perfect example. You have no idea whether its a touch or not and already its a "stupid concept, screw RIM, etc" ....

Sheeeesh
    03-03-10 11:13 AM
    Wow; I am shocked at the sheer volume of people that do not like this phone. I thought there would be more out there that share my opinion:

I LOVE Blackberry qwerty keyboards and think they are the best in the business, I am a Palm convert so I do miss the touchscreen as I was so used to it but have gotten by. The premise of a touchscreen phone with a trackpad and a large screen so that I can see things a little bigger (when on the Crackberry forums etc.) while maintaining the portriat oriented qwerty keybord form factor I am happy with/used to makes this a very attractive phone to me. Also if it has an accelerometer like the storm series we should be able to view web pages in the landscape view. Too many benefits for me to not want it. Realease it with a polished 6.0 with widgets etc. and it could be a game changer for RIM.
    03-03-10 11:23 AM
94 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD