04-20-10 06:52 PM
94 123 ...
tools
    From BBLEAKS.COM

First live pics

Doesnt Look very appealing to me

First Live Images of a BlackBerry Slider; Could This be the Storm3? - BlackBerry Leaks - Blackberry news, software, videos, info, reviews, previews
    Last edited by morales0416; 03-02-10 at 08:39 PM.
    03-02-10 08:00 PM
    (throws up in mouth)
    03-02-10 08:09 PM
    (throws up in mouth)
    +1 Looks horrid I hope for the life of me that RIM wouldnt bring this out!
    03-02-10 08:10 PM
    And you can't make the argument that it's an extremely old prototype since it has a trackpad.
    03-02-10 08:12 PM
    Why do people believe that this is really gonna be the S3??? People will post and believe everything they hear...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-02-10 08:15 PM
    i'm confused why people don't like it. i for one like the design.

what do you expect them to do? it's a blackberry slider. if you were in the market for a blackberry slider, what were you expecting? assuming they made it a portrait, how many other styles could it have been? i'm sure it'll look better in your hand, but what's so bad?

isn't the OS more what people should care about? i think it has potential of being a great device.
    03-02-10 08:15 PM
    Why do people believe that this is really gonna be the S3??? People will post and believe everything they hear...

Hence the Question mark after the Post, and if you been by my history you would know I dont post just because I wanna be heard...

Back on Topic

I looks like its trying to be a TREO or Palm Pre but on steriods
    03-02-10 08:17 PM
    i'm confused why people don't like it. i for one like the design.

what do you expect them to do? it's a blackberry slider. if you were in the market for a blackberry slider, what were you expecting? assuming they made it a portrait, how many other styles could it have been? i'm sure it'll look better in your hand, but what's so bad?

isn't the OS more what people should care about? i think it has potential of being a great device.
    The whole lower-front portion is disgusting. And why do people think RIM NEEDS to make a slider? Why do you think Apple will never do that? Because they now it's impossible to make it functional and attractive. Maybe RIM should do the same and forget about the slider market.
    03-02-10 08:20 PM
    from what I can tell it doesnt look like it's a sure press device.. this has to be a prototype they tried out and realized "holy **** this is ugly as ****" hopefully..

if this really is storm 3, its gonna be hello win mo 7
    03-02-10 08:24 PM
    The whole lower-front portion is disgusting. And why do people think RIM NEEDS to make a slider? Why do you think Apple will never do that? Because they now it's impossible to make it functional and attractive. Maybe RIM should do the same and forget about the slider market.
    how can you judge the phone based on that pic alone? and i don't think they "NEED" to, but many people want it, so it would increase market share if they execute it properly. that is yet to be seen until it is released.
    03-02-10 08:24 PM
    how can you judge the phone based on that pic alone? and i don't think they "NEED" to, but many people want it, so it would increase market share if they execute it properly. that is yet to be seen until it is released.
    I only said the phone was ugly, I didn't say it didn't work well. A slider could sell very well, but it needs to be perfect. People wanted a touchscreen and look what happened with that. RIM got embarrassed with the Storm. I just hope they don't do the same with any slider device they release. A slider is a TON more risky than just a plain touchscreen. You should at least have the touchscreen aspect of it nailed down first (which they don't) before you start trying to incorporate a sliding keyboard.
    03-02-10 08:28 PM
    Looks like the slow, disowned spawn of a curve and the pixie if you ask me. Making a slider doesn't mean you can recycle existing pieces of existing phones. You need to build on the strengths of the respective form factor - slider= big screen, small thin keyboard, but you have to encourage use of the screen. Sadly, RIM hasn't really learned the innovate and improve lesson that others have, I have a sinking feeling that the screen is another hack of the 380x460 we've seen for 2 years now.

I hope this is an early prototype and someone with the ability to scrap or modify this design reads these threads.

03-02-10 08:29 PM
    Please say it aint so!

03-02-10 08:31 PM
    God....that crap is fugly! The reason why I went to blackberry was because I wanted a qwerty bar phone "without any type of slider", even when it lacks a touchscreen. many ppl told me bb suck compare to some other platform out there, but I stood behind my bb with pride. But these picture are just a major turnoff. totally made me lost fate in RIM.

Just my 2 cents

03-02-10 08:33 PM
    I think it would do well with people that don't want to give up the keyboard. This might be the Magnum/Dakota for the GSM carriers. I judge sliders on how they look when the keyboard is hidden. And that phone looks fine to me. I have a touch pro2 now and it's nice to have the option of a physical keyboard for long emails. I'll be getting that BB if it comes out.
    03-02-10 08:33 PM
    God....that crap is fugly! The reason why I went to blackberry was because I wanted a qwerty bar phone "without any type of slider", even when it lacks a touchscreen. many ppl told me bb suck compare to some other platform out there, but I stood behind my bb with pride. But these picture are just a major turnoff. totally made me lost fate in RIM.

Just my 2 cents

Who's going to force you to get this phone then? Stick with your phone. It targets a different portion of the market that want touchscreen and physical keyboard.
    03-02-10 08:35 PM
    I don't understand why you people get mad or feel some way about others reactions and opinions of this device. We don't even KNOW if its real or not. Everyone has an opinion state yours if you don't like someones keep it moving. I hate it.. Its ugly. But that's just how I feel

03-02-10 08:38 PM
    I don't understand why you people get mad or feel some way about others reactions and opinions of this device. We don't even KNOW if its real or not. Everyone has an opinion state yours if you don't like someones keep it moving. I hate it.. Its ugly. But that's just how I feel

+1 I agree whole Heartedly Lets just keep this to Opinion on the Phones and not towards one another
    03-02-10 08:41 PM
    I agree with you there Rizzleman ....barban there getting all personal cuz I call it fugly? I'm just speaking my opinion. I'm sure ppl are fond of this type of phone....just not me. And I wonder how it feels...wouldn't it be a little heavy/long with the top/front part slide out showing the keyboard since the size of the screen is quite large. *Shrug*

03-02-10 08:50 PM
    Who is getting mad? It just doesn't make sense to post about something you have no interest in. The posts are always the same.."I bought a BB because of the current form factor....RIM sucks for making something else" That's different than saying that phone is ugly.
    03-02-10 08:50 PM
    I do think it would be very big and bulky. From the looks of the screen it would probably be a larger one. And the slider would make it a bit weird. But who knows? I guess we'll see..

03-02-10 08:58 PM
    Post on CB main page says that "MR.T" says this was scraped as it was too big and bulky....check it out
    03-02-10 09:01 PM
    Very Ugly!!!!!
    03-02-10 09:03 PM
    If RIM does release a slider, I hope it is another phone and a replacement for the Storm series.

03-02-10 09:05 PM
    Whatever u say dude....but anyway, that bottom front part totally remind me of a htc hero for some odd reason

03-02-10 09:16 PM
94 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD