Okay guys, it is official that BBX phones are coming. We were expecting to see some demos in DevCon 2011, but unfortunately we couldn't. And in addition there aren't any release dates nor any info how the phone will be like.
    I was curious about your expectations. What do you think will be like (design wise)? What would you like to see? Do you think they will become a reality? What are your dream specs (but be realistic )?
    Most importantly will BBX be RIM's savior, or will RIM liquidate?
    Tell me your thoughts
    11-05-11 03:45 PM
    I don't think anyone was expecting them at DevCon. After all RIM themselves said on the earnings call back in September that they were going to discuss BBX at DevCon but actual demonstrations and devices would be at a later date.

RIM is in a damned if they do, damned if they don't position. They should release the phone "when it's ready" but at the same time they don't have a lot of time. If they rush it and release something that's not 100% ready then they're done for. If they take too long to release then they they'll also get shafted.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    11-05-11 07:53 PM
    New forum. Excite.
    11-05-11 07:57 PM
    BBX looks like what RIM needs to get back on track, but could be too late. IMHO it should have released 6mo ago... but before X-Mas for sure. The stock could very well be circling the drain by EoY...

11-06-11 08:45 AM
    I would like to see a phone thats the exact same size as the 9900 but with 1.2ghzdual core and a killer battery. A front face camera, 4.3+"screen on one and 4G. Instead of making a bunch of differant size phones they should use the same 9900 size frame on both phones. Just one with a keyboard and smaller screen like the 9900 and one full touchscreen. that way all cases and docks will work with either phone. and instead of trying to make it really thin they should opt for a bigger battery.
    meganVee likes this.
    11-06-11 07:03 PM
    I don't think anyone was expecting them at DevCon. After all RIM themselves said on the earnings call back in September that they were going to discuss BBX at DevCon but actual demonstrations and devices would be at a later date.

RIM is in a damned if they do, damned if they don't position. They should release the phone "when it's ready" but at the same time they don't have a lot of time. If they rush it and release something that's not 100% ready then they're done for. If they take too long to release then they they'll also get shafted.
    That is rim's fault. They were lagging behind and created this situation for themselves. I hope they dig themselves out of the hole, but I don't think they will be aggressive enough with it. Oh well.
    11-27-11 03:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD