Just a suggestion to see what kinda feedback i'd get, but i'm thinking the addition of a fingerprint scanner, similar to ones on laptops, would be a great addition/security feature to a blackberry.

I know it may seem lazy, but i would love to unlock my phone with my fingerprint.
    06-07-10 11:34 PM
    agreed . finger print scanner would be cool
    06-07-10 11:40 PM
    agreed

06-08-10 12:42 AM
    Agreed. Not sure where they'd put it, but that's the sort of thing that could be worked out.

T'Would be cool. Maybe use it instead of a standy button.

-Stephen

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-08-10 01:28 AM
    Generally speaking finger print scanners on laptops are rubbish and lacking in security.
    06-08-10 10:45 AM
    Generally speaking finger print scanners on laptops are rubbish and lacking in security.
    generally speaking all ammerican cars are rubbish and the companies should be dissolved
    06-08-10 11:04 AM
    generally speaking all ammerican cars are rubbish and the companies should be dissolved
    facepalm....

While it does add another place for security to be compromised, the level of convenience added would be great. The way i see it, is if someone is going to try hard enough to get past a finger print scanner, there are other ways they will end up with the information they want if they are that determined.

I think it would increase the amount of ppl that would actually lock there phones, as opposed to not securing them in the first place due to the annoyance of entering a password.

If you are truly security exploit concerned, just don't use it!
    06-08-10 01:26 PM
    I would use it.
    06-08-10 08:31 PM
    Generally, people who can't spell American right shouldn't voice an opinion on American cars.

I can see why people would rather have a Toyota with sticking accelerators and non-working brakes, or a Kia/Hyundai that doubles as a form-fitting coffin in the case of an accident.

There's a reason Mazda has Ford make their trucks.

Now, back to the topic at hand
    06-08-10 08:38 PM
    Generally, people who can't spell American right shouldn't voice an opinion on American cars.

I can see why people would rather have a Toyota with sticking accelerators and non-working brakes, or a Kia/Hyundai that doubles as a form-fitting coffin in the case of an accident.

There's a reason Mazda has Ford make their trucks.

Now, back to the topic at hand
    I'd rather go fast uncontrollably in a jap, then slow and still break down in an american CAR (trucks are a diff story)
    06-08-10 08:49 PM
    I'd rather go fast uncontrollably in a jap, then slow and still break down in an american CAR (trucks are a diff story)
    Fast? You my friend need a good American Muscle car
    06-08-10 08:56 PM
    There's a reason Mazda has Ford make their trucks.)
    yes, because they are made in the sale factory as the Ranger.
    if you go anywhere outside of north america, Mazda sells what's called the BT-50 and it is a lot like a GMC Canyon (even has the four door version compared to the useless and unsafe jumpseat in the NA version), but with a little bit better turning radius and a mean diesel engine in some countries.

****, i have the 1991 B2200 Cab plus and I will import a BT-50 from South America solely for the back seat.
    06-08-10 09:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD