12-30-10 05:54 PM
58 123
tools
    No, my guy said he would send me pics a while ago, but he never did and disappeared until last night.

This guy is the one that told me about the Slider 5 months before the first leak appeared.

He is my favorite source, and sadly he has no access to release dates. For my release dates I need to go to someone else (depending on the carrier), but that guy doesn't even know yet.

I was told that I would get more info on the Storm 3 soon, and also on the other 3 phones that they're working on. As I learn the new info, as usual, I'll pass along!
    Hey, no rush man. U do more than any of us could ever ask for and I'm sure u got some good info coming .

So Sal, let me ask u this. Do u think RIM is completely doing away with surepress on this new storm?
    12-28-10 08:30 PM
    Yeah everything Sal said its true ..and let me say ..there is absolutly no battery issue with the playbook....that I guarantee!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    mover23 likes this.
    12-29-10 10:39 AM
    Yeah everything Sal said its true ..and let me say ..there is absolutly no battery issue with the playbook....that I guarantee!

I believe that......if there were a delay, RIM would've said it because they've already committed to a Q1 launch
    12-29-10 11:47 AM

So any idea what the battery life is on average?
    12-29-10 07:27 PM
    BlackBerry, HTC, LG, Motorola Developing Smartphones for Verizon's LTE Network

This also confirms that it will be available in march or soon after, with an announcement at or around CES (as Blackberry World will be too late; but it will have new devices also)

And there's no way that RIM would put BBOS on a completely new device that will revitalize their brand.
    One thing to bear in mind is that there's no clear timeline for an LTE device in that article merely a confirmation that one is on its way at some point, it is entirely possible that we are seeing people combining rumours of multiple devices into a single model just like has happened in the past e.g. we could be due a new storm around march/april time without it actually being the lte model. Providing the storm 3 was a well-specced device that might not actually be a bad plan, giving more time for lte radio stacks and lte coverage to improve before they finally ship their device.
    12-30-10 04:55 PM
    One thing to bear in mind is that there's no clear timeline for an LTE device in that article merely a confirmation that one is on its way at some point, it is entirely possible that we are seeing people combining rumours of multiple devices into a single model just like has happened in the past e.g. we could be due a new storm around march/april time without it actually being the lte model. Providing the storm 3 was a well-specced device that might not actually be a bad plan, giving more time for lte radio stacks and lte coverage to improve before they finally ship their device.
    In the article it says, by this time next year there will be 3-5 LTE model phones offered by Verizon...and that article was written in May 2010; that seems about right.
    12-30-10 05:14 PM
    In the article it says, by this time next year there will be 3-5 LTE model phones offered by Verizon...and that article was written in May 2010; that seems about right.
    Again that is connecting two statements that are not intrinsically linked together, it just seems unlikely that Rim are going to want to use up development resources to rush to get an LTE device out there on VZW when in all likelihood it is going to be those devices bearing the Droid branding that are going to see the most promotion ahead of blackberries, other android models etc.
    12-30-10 05:34 PM
    Again that is connecting two statements that are not intrinsically linked together, it just seems unlikely that Rim are going to want to use up development resources to rush to get an LTE device out there on VZW when in all likelihood it is going to be those devices bearing the Droid branding that are going to see the most promotion ahead of blackberries, other android models etc.
    Oh I agree with you - the S2 came out and a couple weeks later the Droid came out - the S2 was barely afforded a couple commercials and then all he!! broke loose with Droid EVERYWHERE and the S2 was quickly pushed to the "back burner." I expect the same thing to happen with the LTE phones...Verizon will push the Droids.
    You mention about RIM using up their "development resources" to rush out a LTE phone...besides the PB, WHAT ARE THEY USING THEM FOR, ha! I think they forgot how to use them or more advanced OS/products would be out by now.
    12-30-10 05:54 PM
58 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD