12-30-10 04:54 PM
58 123
tools
    hehe no surprise there bro. thanks for the info
    Yeah, basically what I was told last week is that if RIM is doing anything, VZW is unaware at this time. And that comes from the guys who work with RIM, inside VZW. Admittedly the PR guys sometimes know a lot more, but the tech guys don't know bubkus.
    12-26-10 03:03 PM
    Another hope and expectation thread.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-26-10 10:37 PM
    Yeah, basically what I was told last week is that if RIM is doing anything, VZW is unaware at this time. And that comes from the guys who work with RIM, inside VZW. Admittedly the PR guys sometimes know a lot more, but the tech guys don't know bubkus.
    But at the same time we have CX saying good things are coming to verizon soon. Ughhhh............this is becoming so tiring. I truly do believe that we probably wont even see sneak peaks of the phones that most of us want for another 3 months.

VZW is unaware of what RIM might be doing?!?!?!?!...............im going to sleep.............
    12-27-10 12:20 AM
    And VZW had over 100k users go from BB to android last month. It us not that good between VZW and RIM at the moment.
    Yeah but how would that sour the relationship between VZW and RIM. This situation isn't happening because of VZW, it is because RIM can't make a phone that people see in a commercial or in the VZW store sitting next to a higher end droid and say "Wow I want that one!".

And its not just Verizon, look at Sprint, T-Mobile, and the other smaller carriers. I still can't believe that their hasn't been a touch based OS6 device to hit any carrier in the US other than AT&T. Either RIM has decided that OS 6 is a waste of effort and just waiting for QNX or the marketing idea of releasing something only on AT&T is an epic fail. I'm starting to think its a bit of both.
    12-27-10 09:44 AM
    But at the same time we have CX saying good things are coming to verizon soon. Ughhhh............this is becoming so tiring. I truly do believe that we probably wont even see sneak peaks of the phones that most of us want for another 3 months.

VZW is unaware of what RIM might be doing?!?!?!?!...............im going to sleep.............
    Maybe CX meant in the form of Android, not RIM!
    12-27-10 01:27 PM
    soon is a relative term, might be a day, a month or 6 months. Its been over a year so anything within 6 months is soon compared to that
    12-27-10 05:01 PM

Yup, CX has said numerous times that Verizon is getting something soon.
    12-27-10 05:21 PM
    Hopefully "Verizon getting something soon" is not referring to some rumors out there that Verizon is getting the Torch in February. That would be worse than nothing releasing because I can't see Verizon releasing the S3 so close to another BB release. I thought that the Torch was an at&t exclusive so who knows how credible the rumors are about a Torch on Verizon.
    12-27-10 07:18 PM
    Maybe CX meant in the form of Android, not RIM!
    awwwww man.........I hope not. He couldn't. That would make absolutely no sense lol. I mean, its not like android devices aren't leaking every single day lol. If there were a android device i was waiting for, all id have to do is go to engadget in the next 3 days and i'd find it

CX gotta know we want to know when the next BB device is coming and i would hope he wasn't referring to any android device when saying good things were coming to verizon, but u know how CX don't really be specific sometimes ha ha

I want to believe so bad that they will at least "tease" somethin new at CES. I beg RIM.....for all things holy..................please tease somethin. Im desperate here, and ya'll better not act like im the only one here lol ha ha.

In all seriousness though....please don't just show the Playbook. Lord knows im excited for that as well but if i have to keep my 8900 they im being forced to carry two devices instead of having a choice, when u could just give me a QNX 4G Storm and then id be able to choose when i want to carry both devices. If Palm shows off some nasty hardware at CES running WebOS 2.0, i don't know if i'll be able to resist any longer
    12-27-10 08:19 PM
    Hopefully "Verizon getting something soon" is not referring to some rumors out there that Verizon is getting the Torch in February. That would be worse than nothing releasing because I can't see Verizon releasing the S3 so close to another BB release. I thought that the Torch was an at&t exclusive so who knows how credible the rumors are about a Torch on Verizon.
    Personally.....if the torch were coming to verizon, i think someone like CX would've said that it wasn't a exclusive to ATT by now. i do think that the device that was leaked not too long ago is on the verge of being released. It got leaked too many months ago, to not be close to being released. Do i think it will be the device that many are waiting on??? no, but I really do think its a horizontal slider, and hopefully its a little better spec'd than than the torch
    12-27-10 08:28 PM

Yeah basically the guys had noting from RIM.

Yeah but how would that sour the relationship between VZW and RIM. This situation isn't happening because of VZW, it is because RIM can't make a phone that people see in a commercial or in the VZW store sitting next to a higher end droid and say "Wow I want that one!".

And its not just Verizon, look at Sprint, T-Mobile, and the other smaller carriers. I still can't believe that their hasn't been a touch based OS6 device to hit any carrier in the US other than AT&T. Either RIM has decided that OS 6 is a waste of effort and just waiting for QNX or the marketing idea of releasing something only on AT&T is an epic fail. I'm starting to think its a bit of both.
    It sours because VZW can't sell RIM devices then their relationship becomes less important to VZW. RIM has failed to deliver anything substantial and VZW now sees android Devices of capable anything a BB can do, except BBM. (and that is pretty much a quote)

And maybe they are. But they have nothing now, and do not see anything in the pipeline. That means at least 3 months away, if not a lot more.
    12-27-10 09:15 PM
    new tweet from salomondrin:
    "Nice 2 share new info about the Stormy 3 Like the trackpad, HDMI out, and the high res screen. If u don't believe me ur ***** will shrink"
    12-27-10 10:34 PM
    new tweet from salomondrin:
    "Nice 2 share new info about the Stormy 3 Like the trackpad, HDMI out, and the high res screen. If u don't believe me ur ***** will shrink"
    Saw that too. But we need some real info.

12-27-10 10:45 PM

Aside from that... 3 other phones are around the same stage as this Storm 3 as far as development goes...

I bet all of my pubes that this info is correct...
    SaMaster14 and mover23 like this.
    12-28-10 12:04 AM
    so these phones will not be ready next month it seems...
    12-28-10 12:44 AM
    Announced @CES released with playbook or soon after IMO

12-28-10 12:54 AM
    We really do. Not to doubt my man Sal, cause i really do believe him, but i gotta know a tiny bit more than that lol

Aside from that... 3 other phones are around the same stage as this Storm 3 as far as development goes...

So Sal, small question.....have u actually seen this device? or is it info passed on to u???
    Last edited by Rello; 12-28-10 at 10:12 AM.
    12-28-10 01:40 AM
    And any release info??? I really hope its not going to take until May for one of these devices to drop.

Oh, and what Sal said seems to parallel exactly with what Niko said in the "4 new devices coming soon" thread a while back.
    12-28-10 02:09 AM

I am sure it is Sal. Another guy said the same. These are for WES than.

12-28-10 07:49 AM
    I just want a good browser. Please.

12-28-10 07:58 AM
    that is just HTC saying they are the 1st. until they officially unveil they can only claim they will be the first. the next few weeks should be interesting. i keep bugging the tech guy at work for any information on new blackberrys. he wasn't very specific, but he said something about being invited to a phone conference on Jan 3rd 2011 of course. maybe RIM will announce something then.

I can't remember so many companies being so secretive about new devices so close to launch. i guess they don't want to build up hype and have a bad device like the s1. then there are also the rumors about the lte/cdma compatible iphone for verizon. the reason we won't be able to hear anything about that until after the year due to legal issues with att, but thats apparently already ready to go. i just hope RIM gets a kick *** device out sooner rather than later.
    12-28-10 09:03 AM
    that is just HTC saying they are the 1st. until they officially unveil they can only claim they will be the first. the next few weeks should be interesting. i keep bugging the tech guy at work for any information on new blackberrys. he wasn't very specific, but he said something about being invited to a phone conference on Jan 3rd 2011 of course. maybe RIM will announce something then.

I can't remember so many companies being so secretive about new devices so close to launch. i guess they don't want to build up hype and have a bad device like the s1. then there are also the rumors about the lte/cdma compatible iphone for verizon. the reason we won't be able to hear anything about that until after the year due to legal issues with att, but thats apparently already ready to go. i just hope RIM gets a kick *** device out sooner rather than later.
    trust me they are the first, they have a new site up also. they have been the first for every market so far and will be on vzw too. The phone is ready and will be announced first or second day at CES
    12-28-10 09:13 AM
    I just want a good browser. Please.

U too??? lol
    12-28-10 10:13 AM
    We really do. Not to doubt my man Sal, cause i really do believe him, but i gotta know a tiny bit more than that lol

So Sal, small question.....have u actually seen this device? or is it info passed on to u???
    No, my guy said he would send me pics a while ago, but he never did and disappeared until last night.

This guy is the one that told me about the Slider 5 months before the first leak appeared.

He is my favorite source, and sadly he has no access to release dates. For my release dates I need to go to someone else (depending on the carrier), but that guy doesn't even know yet.

I was told that I would get more info on the Storm 3 soon, and also on the other 3 phones that they're working on. As I learn the new info, as usual, I'll pass along!
    12-28-10 10:32 AM
    If this is true and the playbook is being delayed until May because of battery issues then I don't see how they will ever get QNX on a storm 3 in 2011. It will have to be a storm 3 with better specs running os 6. I hope the BGR source is wrong though. It seems like whenever RIM stumbles BGR is there to kick them in the ribs.

BlackBerry PlayBook battery issues could delay launch, says analyst | BGR | Boy Genius Report
    12-28-10 12:59 PM
58 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD