12-14-09 04:44 AM
80 1234
tools
    Aww man I want this one. Dying for more news, like when we can expect it. Wouldn't it make sense for RIM to release it in time for the holidays? I think I'm gonna upgrade sometime in late November and I'm torn between getting the Tour or waiting for this bad boy.
    10-16-09 12:46 PM
    Aww man I want this one. Dying for more news, like when we can expect it. Wouldn't it make sense for RIM to release it in time for the holidays? I think I'm gonna upgrade sometime in late November and I'm torn between getting the Tour or waiting for this bad boy.
    I think that Sal mentioned in another thread that he was hearing around May for the Essex. Still have a ways to go before we see it I guess.
    10-16-09 12:55 PM
    I was thinking the same, but after playing around with a friend's Tour I'm pretty sure Im going to lose my will to hold out for the Essex.

At least, his didnt have a bad trackball.

For me, the trackpad is the only thing worth waiting for thats making me indecisive on the Tour.
    10-16-09 03:15 PM
    What is the point of going from a tour to a Essex if the only difference is the trackpad. Blackberry should probably introduce a bb sidekick or slide or tilt That would have an already installed facebook,twitter, or myspace that wud be very new. I'm going from an 8310 to a 9700 now that's a big difference if u ask me.
    10-16-09 05:15 PM
    well i think going from a 8310 to a tour would be big difference as well. 256mb memory, much better screen etc.. The 9700 will be a superb device that has it all 4 sure. If I would stay in Holland I would get one with my next contract renewal.

I am holding on to my 8310 though until I move to the States in March. My girl is on Sprint so that limits my choices. Their Everything data plan is awesome. If the Essex is not there yet, I will be more then happy with a Tour. Don't miss the wifi and all the trackball issues with the new batch of Tours seem to be solved and she has been with them for ages so we might get a good deal esp if the Essex is coming.

I don't see what the point or newness is of having all those applications installed upfront. I prefer to decide myself which application I use for Twitter, don't need Myspace and its takes a few minutes to install Facebook. I dont like all that preinstalled stuff and for me having a Blackbery ain't about that
    10-16-09 07:00 PM
    does anyone know of an online store that will sell a handset only offline essex when it eventually drops that will ship to the uk, i know it wont support full network features because it's cdma but there's a few people running round with tours atm that like them alot so I'm thinking it might be worth a try!
    10-17-09 10:06 PM
    as soon as you in Europe the Tour will work on 3G speeds. US gsm Carriers use a different band then here in Europe I don't know about the Essex though
    Last edited by Mistik1973; 10-18-09 at 08:30 AM.
    10-18-09 08:23 AM
    In my honest opinion I think that 'Essex' is a horrible name for a Blackberry.
    10-18-09 08:54 AM
    I'd love to get this phone from what I know os far. I want to find out more. Wish Sal was right when he said we'd see more of it after he posted those pics. I need more
    10-20-09 08:58 AM
    i'm dyingggg for this phone to come out! my contract is up in May so I'm hoping that it'll be out and free of bugs by then! I have the 8330 now and was going to buy the tour but after hearing so many horror stories about it, im sticking to my curve until this gem comes out. so excited :-)
    10-21-09 01:17 AM
    It doesn't make much sense for the Essex to be released in such close proximity to the tour. If that's the case then I would doubt it would have world capabilities. I'm due in for a full upgrade on 11/1/09 and have just sold my curve. God I'm gonna miss that thing and really wanna get another blackberry in my hands asap so I think I'm just gonna go for the tour. Q2 or even Q3 of 2010 sounds like a more realistic release date for the Essex, but what would I know?!
    10-22-09 01:14 AM
    In my honest opinion I think that 'Essex' is a horrible name for a Blackberry.
    im sure the name will change..a lot of the names are just working titles..at one point the tour was called the "Niagara"
    10-22-09 07:57 AM
    This will be my next phone. I don't have a BB yet and have eyed the Tour for a bit. I have read up on the Tour and am aware of the trackball problems. This looks sweet and I can't wait for it to arrive at Verizon.
    11-24-09 01:46 PM
    Honestly are they ever gonna come up with a different style? Every BlackBerry looks the same except maybe a couple cosmetic changes and the stupid OS is the exact same, slow and buggy.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-24-09 08:40 PM
    Honestly are they ever gonna come up with a different style? Every BlackBerry looks the same except maybe a couple cosmetic changes and the stupid OS is the exact same, slow and buggy.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I disagree I do not feel the OS on the Blackberry is slow and buggy. It is nowhere near as slow and buggy as the OS I had on a Palm recently. I changed from Palm to Blackberry and will never use another smartphone again. I have been reading a lot on the Essex. I find it hard to believe that within a years time Sprint is going to have 3 new berries. The Tour, The Curve 2, and the Essex, that is just unheard of. I want to hold out for the Essex but I am eligible for an upgrade now and am bugging for a new berry
    11-28-09 10:15 AM
    I cant wait for this phone...finally a Quad band CDMA blackberry with Wifi! I don't really need the quad band, but the wifi would be a big plus. Where I live, I don't get 3G coverage (hopefully will be moving soon, but who knows...). Most of the time it isn't that big of deal that I dont have the EVDO, but sometimes it would definitly come in handy. Having the wifi as an option I could turn on when uploading pics, or checking out heavily graphiced pages would just be amazing. I have had my upgrade with Sprint for the past year, and am happy with my 8330, but would upgrade to this phone in a heartbeat if/when it comes out.
    11-29-09 10:22 PM
    They will have to release this early in 2010 since it doesn't have LTE. VZW is pressing hard to have LTE in up to 30-40 Markets by the end of 2010. So what good is a new BlackBerry in Q2 or Q3 that does not have LTE? I am sure their will be some overlap, but wouldn't that be a peach to see this next Summer and then see similiar devices on LTE rolling out in Q4?
    11-30-09 11:21 AM
    I just like the fact that all of these BlackBerrys exist. It makes you think of how much we control the market, I'm working on my third one, and hopefully a fourth pretty soon after.
    11-30-09 11:30 AM
    I should be eligible for upgrade July 2010 or so, and I am shooting for this. WiFi would be nice, and I want a non-Storm1.

Whats the speed difference on WiFi as compared to CDMA, GSM or any other 3G?

Looks like a nice phone.
    12-04-09 01:20 PM
    Looks almost exactly like the Bold.
    12-04-09 06:52 PM
    looks cleann and nice
    12-04-09 10:37 PM
    I to am due for an upgrade in July. I am really pleased with my 8330 (My first BB) but this looks like something i would want!
    12-04-09 11:11 PM
    Am I the only one who isn't interested in this? I don't feel right paying for another phone which I already have just to gain wifi. Yes the trackpad is cool but the ball still does the same thing!
    12-06-09 01:40 PM
    Am I the only one who isn't interested in this? I don't feel right paying for another phone which I already have just to gain wifi. Yes the trackpad is cool but the ball still does the same thing!
    The Essex Tour 2, is just an Upgraded Tour 1. Theres no need to make a whole new entire new phone for the Tour, so they made improvments to Tour 2.
    12-06-09 02:12 PM
    Looks almost exactly like the Bold.
    a little bigger then the new Bold. Its the same size and look as Tour 1 is right now besides havign a trackpad
    12-06-09 02:13 PM
80 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD