12-14-09 04:44 AM
80 1234
tools
    SO i know this phone is cdma so does that mean its comin out for sprint???
    10-05-09 04:14 PM
    From what we heard and read yes..
    10-05-09 05:57 PM
    Nice... this seems to be the CDMA version of the Bold (Onyx).

Too bad lot of Tour owners won't be able to buy this unless they pay retail.

I would've definitely would've waited a few more months to get this instead of the current Tour.
    RIM needs to issue a recall so we can get the working version for free. RIM sucks!
    10-07-09 02:45 PM
    A lot of people are complaining about the Tour, but you love your Tour right? So I assume you never had any problems with it?

I will need to go with a CDMA bb as I will be with Sprint when I move over to Denver in March.
    Never had a problem with my Tour, and lovin it, best phone I ever had. It does more than it was ever designed for, for me
    10-07-09 03:07 PM
    I'm not sure about what I'm about to say, but I don't think you can switch your trackball for a trackpad. Why? Because when RIM was developing the 9700, they made the trackball version first and then the trackpad version came out. Once they put the trackpad on and dropped the trackball, the OS for the trackball 9700's was not compatible on the trackpad version and vice-versa. I could be 100% wrong, but I don't think RIM would allow that to happen, they would sell less phones too.
    LOL.... It sounds like you're right about that.
    10-07-09 03:41 PM
    i prefer the red numbers over the all white.
    10-08-09 09:16 PM
    I have read that the essex has an improved cam!. Any leaked news on the megapixels ?! I really wish RIM will include a 5MP cam in the essex.
    10-12-09 05:51 AM
    I am due for a phone upgrade in November and I am looking at the Essex as my next phone but I hate the fact that its not going to be availability till Q1 or even Q2 of next year! I am thinking about just opting to get the Tour instead but I don't know that if I do that I'll regret it or not when the Essex does come out. Do you guys feel the Essex is such a good BB I should wait for it. The only reason i am so anxious for this upgrade is because I have the black plaque known as the blackberry storm and the bugs are just getting more and more unbearable as I use it everyday. Should i stay strong or submit to the tour?
    10-12-09 02:21 PM
    Im keeping on eye on this phone, I got a first gen curve and am waiting for it to die (as well as my contract to expire)

might be switching carriers so Im looking for the best, fastest network and the best berry to use on it.
    10-12-09 03:55 PM
    Most coverage- VZW
    Fastest network- ATT (CX will back that up)
    Least Expensive- TMO

That's USA's. Dunno about CAN

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-12-09 05:57 PM
    Also keeping that in mind always check the coverage maps for your area, unless you travel a lot that matters more than national coverage.
    10-12-09 07:10 PM
    RIM needs to issue a recall so we can get the working version for free. RIM sucks!
    So many things wrong about this statement, I don't even know where to begin so I shall just say to you...

/facepalm
    10-12-09 07:25 PM
    id rather have a trackball
    10-14-09 09:37 AM
    Will the Essex be a world phone?

10-14-09 10:40 AM
    I've been using a trackpad recently. Work in a third-party wireless retail store. I really like it so far. I have the tour and if the essex is basically a tour with wifi and a trackpad I really need to grab it.
    10-14-09 11:03 AM
    Most coverage- VZW
    Fastest network- ATT (CX will back that up)
    Least Expensive- TMO

That's USA's. Dunno about CAN

While its pretty much generally excepted that vzw has the best converage, att's network speed is notriously slow compared to other 3g networks. As of right now, the fastest 3g network is actually tmobiles since they built pretty much all of their backbone for it from the ground up. Problem is, tmobiles coverage isn't nearly as good as verizons when it comes to 3g ccoverage (though they have been rolling it out pretty fast lately).

10-14-09 11:11 AM

Most likely yes.
    10-14-09 01:28 PM

Most likely yes.
    I actually would wager it won't be but I say this purely on the principles of guesstamation! :P

here's why.. so many tour owners have called the essex the tour2.. but RIM hasn't have they? And many tour owners think the essex is basically a slap in the face to the tour folks right.. however.. if the essex rolls with wifi.. but DROPS the world capabilities.. this argument would be essentially rendered useless. it's form factor may be similar but it's not the same phone. wifi instead of wold phone, trackpad instead of trackball, and possibly a new cam. awful hard to argue it's the "tour2" then I'd guess. That would spare RIM from such accusations and negative opinion regarding there new top of the cdma line qwerty berry.. the essex.

This is without even mentioning the issues of slamming a cdma radio, wifi, AND a gsm radio for world phone ability making it more likely the wifi will replace the world phone gsm radio..rather than be added to it.

/2cents
    Last edited by kcmoberry; 10-14-09 at 02:18 PM.
    10-14-09 02:16 PM
    I actually would wager it won't be but I say this purely on the principles of guesstamation! :P

here's why.. so many tour owners have called the essex the tour2.. but RIM hasn't have they? And many tour owners think the essex is basically a slap in the face to the tour folks right.. however.. if the essex rolls with wifi.. but DROPS the world capabilities.. this argument would be essentially rendered useless. it's form factor may be similar but it's not the same phone. wifi instead of wold phone, trackpad instead of trackball, and possibly a new cam. awful hard to argue it's the "tour2" then I'd guess. That would spare RIM from such accusations and negative opinion regarding there new top of the cdma line qwerty berry.. the essex.

This is without even mentioning the issues of slamming a cdma radio, wifi, AND a gsm radio for world phone ability making it more likely the wifi will replace the world phone gsm radio..rather than be added to it.

/2cents
    Good observation. I think you are probably correct, 3 radios might be tough to cram in there.
    10-14-09 02:50 PM
    I would agree totally, except the Storm2 does cram all 3 into 1 device (and a touch screen to boot). I can't imagine why, with the 8530 coming out, RIM would create another WiFi/CDMA device. I expect the Essex will be a world phone, with WiFi, and trackpad. I also read that is should have a better camera.
    This is all speculation, but some of the people talking about this have been pretty spot on. I'll be glad to see a video with the hardware in action.

10-14-09 03:59 PM
    what about the size? Will it be 25% smaller than the tour like the Bold 2 is? That would be nice.
    10-14-09 08:30 PM
    Looks like a possible replacement for my good old Curve 8330. Looks nice!

10-16-09 12:30 AM
    the shots kind of suck - but cool.
    10-16-09 04:14 AM

/2cents

I agree. Just like when the 8830 came out it was the world phone... then the 8330 came out that was not the world phone. At the time they have somewhat similar forms but completly different phones. I dont remember how far apart they came out but it was probably similar to what is going to happen here. And I think they both came out about 2 years after the first. the tour came out just a little bit after 2 years for the 8830 and the essex will come out about 2 years after the curve..
    10-16-09 10:02 AM
    I really want this phone. Hopefully its out some time early next year when I'm elligible for an upgrade.
    10-16-09 10:33 AM
80 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD