12-16-09 03:02 AM
56 123
tools
    Besides the Essex being CDMA and the Onyx being GSM are there any other differences between the 2 devices?
    09-01-09 12:57 AM
    Besides the Essex being CDMA and the Onyx being GSM are there any other differences between the 2 devices?
    Well one is an updated version of the Tour, the other an updated version of the Bold.. so I would assume that the Onyx will be more powerful, and perhaps faster?
    09-01-09 01:03 AM
    thats a good question but I see the essex looking real good if it stays with wifi and being a world phone
    just that it has a 3.2 cam ...that could have been alot better
    09-01-09 01:04 AM
    Oh it will for sure have a 3.2 megapixel camera? Also, will it be released this year? If so, on Verizon or Sprint?
    Last edited by Mike1022; 09-01-09 at 01:23 AM.
    09-01-09 01:06 AM
    i mean i have the tour but, if this is the tour's upgrade.....and the tour is just born itself........ WTF?.....seriously.... what i want to know if the only thin different is trackpad and wifi....if so then, i'll stick with the tour, wondering about processor specs and others as well........
    09-01-09 02:37 AM
    Yes there are definitely differences between the two devices. One major one.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-01-09 05:16 AM

Touchscreen or accelerometer??
    09-01-09 05:21 AM

Essex wouldn't happen to be LTE, would it? Although I guess it's still rather early for that.
    09-01-09 08:13 AM
    Essex wouldn't happen to be LTE, would it? Although I guess it's still rather early for that.
    Yeah right.
    09-01-09 08:31 AM
    touch screen?
    09-01-09 08:34 AM
    So the Essex is really the CDMA Atlas 9650?The Atlas was supposed to be the newer,improved version of the Tour which will include WiFi and the new Trackpad.The Essex(Atlas)9650 is still supposed to come out next year,right? I can't keep track anymore. The only thing I know is that I like the Essex name which means RIM will change it to something bland by launch time.
    09-01-09 10:10 AM

Please... I want to know cause I'm on the fence between this and the ONYX.
    09-01-09 01:21 PM

I'm very curious to know what the major difference is? Are you allowed to say?
    09-01-09 02:12 PM
    can't wait for the onyx, may have to trade in my curve 8900 for it
    09-01-09 02:20 PM
    There is no difference. They are the exact same phone. I bet that the 9700 will come out on T-Mo and ATT and this Essex will come out on Sprint and Verizon. But its the same phone. I can't keep up with all the devices now. Its like every week there are rumors of new devices. What ever happened to the Magnum?

09-01-09 02:28 PM
    If I were RIM I'd flood the market with names and numbers and specs to keep it confusing too. Gotta pick who u listen to for rumors. Lots of them out there, only so many sources can be trusted. Even Crackberry Kevin has made it his job to hype everything he hears. That's part of the reason we come to this site. Lots of guys talk what they hear. Inly a few know the truth.

09-01-09 02:46 PM
    i mean i have the tour but, if this is the tour's upgrade.....and the tour is just born itself........ WTF?.....seriously.... what i want to know if the only thin different is trackpad and wifi....if so then, i'll stick with the tour, wondering about processor specs and others as well........
    Well, I have a Tour and I think it needs to replaced. RIM really shouldn't have released it all in my opinion. It is a poor quality device and is not in a releasable state. It sounds to me that they know that and are trying to push a replacement soon. I can't wait for the Essex, as the Tour is crap.
    09-01-09 02:55 PM
    well I hope this is more than just a rumour... I'm looking forward to the Essex.
    09-01-09 03:17 PM
    Rumor right now is that it's going to have something close to an accelerometer
    09-01-09 03:49 PM
    As it falls now... From least to best with 1 being least best to 5 being the best s0 far.

-IMO

1. 8900
    2. TOUR
    3. BOLD
    4. ONYX
    5.ESSEX

09-01-09 06:17 PM
    As it falls now... From least to best with 1 being least best to 5 being the best s0 far.

-IMO

1. 8900
    2. TOUR
    3. BOLD
    4. ONYX
    5.ESSEX

i agree i would love to see a spec sheet and im hoping this comes out by oct 18th? thatd be awesome because thats when verizon comes to town for me and when i need to do my upgrade...
    09-01-09 07:20 PM

-IMO

1. 8900
    2. TOUR
    3. BOLD
    4. ONYX
    5.ESSEX

Why do you think the Essex is better than the Onyx?
    09-01-09 08:45 PM
    Why do you think the Essex is better than the Onyx?
    Because basically from what I'm guessing since the ESSEX is a TOUR with Wifi that would mean its a world phone which means that you have the option of having a sim card in there from any other company. For example, I have verizon but could have a Vodaphone or a AT&T sim card in there. Of course with AT&T I couldn't have 3g speeds, I would have EDGE but the option of switching between Verizon and AT&T is there. But i believe though for to be able to use an American cell provider like AT&T and T-Mobile it would have to be Unlocked.
    09-01-09 09:39 PM
    I hope the Essex is the next AIO Power House BB.
    09-02-09 11:31 AM
    Is it me or does the Essex buttons' look a little bigger than the Tours'?
    09-02-09 11:55 AM
56 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD