09-14-15 05:00 PM
285 ... 678910 ...
tools
    I hope they don't abandon the BB 10 OS. I just bought a new Classic and love it. They can't keep changing things and expect customers are going to stick with them.
    extisis and cbvinh like this.
    07-04-15 07:33 AM
    but this does nothing to make it more secure. That part is what i find more interesting.
    Question, would it be possible to purchase a "Android BlackBerry" and then install BlackBerry 10.3.2 on it? So basically wipe the device and install proper BB10?

Pretty much what I would do if I had to

Posted via BlackBerry Q5 on 10.3.1.2576
    07-04-15 08:26 AM
    Question, would it be possible to purchase a "Android BlackBerry" and then install BlackBerry 10.3.2 on it? So basically wipe the device and install proper BB10?

highly doubtful since that basically means you would have to have root control
    app_Developer likes this.
    07-04-15 10:25 AM
    I don't mind Android (I have a Galaxy Tab S) but I love BB10. A BB10ized Android phone mite be ok. Add a Hub and a few other key Bb10 features to Android and I'm ok with it so long as it's done well.

Posted via  BlackBerry Z30
    ayngling and Yatezy like this.
    07-04-15 11:30 AM
    And? it's an android. Someone down the road can hack into it and debunk it and send BlackBerry straight to the ground.

Posted via the CB10 App on my Z10
    07-04-15 02:30 PM

Try installing 10.3.2 on any other android you can get your hands on. Same thing.

Posted via the CB10 App on my Z10
    07-04-15 02:33 PM
    No, you wouldn't need root since BlackBerry 10.3.2 would be signed with the BlackBerry authoring key, so it would be a trusted install (if BlackBerry supported this).

Posted via CB10
    ayngling likes this.
    07-04-15 03:39 PM

Posted via CB10
    07-04-15 09:06 PM
    Its over !
    I had held out hopes for BB 10 to make some sort of a comeback in the hardware market globally. NOPE
    Chen and his marketing has done nothing just like the previous group. No hype of previous phones bare minimal for the PASSPORT. This will be more of a software company heading forward. Sigh....
    07-06-15 02:19 PM
    We have been through this many times - market what and to whom ? Most consumers rich or poor would prefer an all touch with an available good app store . Most consumers are happy with their current phones.

They do not see the need to move. The OS and PKB are both hard sells. I love BB10 but I do not know anyone else who are interested in phone operating systems or feel the need to leave their comfortable nest.
    Last edited by Bbnivende; 07-06-15 at 04:04 PM.
    07-06-15 03:39 PM
    BlackBerry Australia managing director Matthew Ball says the company is evolving - read the article

Cookies must be enabled. | The Australian

Blackberry forever, android junk never.
    Coachbulldog and mania626 like this.
    07-06-15 04:25 PM
    Market what? How about the Z30 which is a all touch when it came out! Awesome phone with capabilities barely saw any sort of advertisement or promotion of it. There carrier relations suck contrary to what Chen may say which is probably the biggest factor for lack of sales. I have friends who have gone from Iphone to Android so there are plenty of people that will make switches and not signed on till death do us apart on certain brands.. How is it that no name Chinese companies can come into the market and start selling millions in emerging markets? Lots of questions and bleak outlook for BB hardware..
    07-06-15 06:19 PM
    What's BB10? :P

Posted from an ME173X
    07-08-15 03:41 AM
    What's BB10? :P

Posted from an ME173X
    Not bbos. thank goodness.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.680
    Last edited by extisis; 07-08-15 at 08:48 PM.
    07-08-15 08:56 AM
    I hope they don't abandon the BB 10 OS. I just bought a new Classic and love it. They can't keep changing things and expect customers are going to stick with them.
    Do you think BlackBerry really cares that much about the small user base that has stuck with them this far? I think they'd gladly betray each and every one of them if they could capture a small sliver of the Android market in the process.
    LazyEvul and asherN like this.
    07-08-15 03:35 PM
    Do you think BlackBerry really cares that much about the small user base that has stuck with them this far? I think they'd gladly betray each and every one of them if they could capture a small sliver of the Android market in the process.
    Well, they still represent 10's of millions of users and the mostly likely to buy another BBRY device than the rest. How many Android models have sold 10 million units? If there's a huge groundswell of anticipation suddenly for this form factor, a half-dozen Android OEMs will rush out a copy and probably beat them to market and in pricing.
    07-08-15 04:43 PM
    Not sure if legit... you got nothing to back your claim up.

(a friend of mine says this thing... or says that lol)

we've all heard it before.

BB10 should stick around, and let BB11 arrive ib the future,

BB with android? that's defeat
    07-08-15 05:08 PM
    Yep. See PlayBook as prime example.

Posted via Z30
    Coachbulldog and Maxxxpower like this.
    07-08-15 06:38 PM
    Yep. See PlayBook as prime example.

Posted via Z30
    the PB was built, released, maintained and let go by different RIM/BBRY regimes. define your prime example.
    07-08-15 08:47 PM
    Forget the very minor betrayal of the Playbook. Not very many were sold. Think of all the millions of BB7 devices that were sold under the misunderstanding that more than likely there would be at least one upgrade to BB8.

I am not worried. If BlackBerry removes runtime, I will just not upgrade to the new OS. Still, this is not a good time to be buying a Leap or Classic. They may be too underpowered for what might be coming.

Posted via CB10
    07-08-15 09:16 PM
    the PB was built, released, maintained and let go by different RIM/BBRY regimes. define your prime example.
    Regimes committed to BB10 and getting it to market. Chen doesn't care anything about BB10 or of it stays in the market. Chen has already abandoned BB10 developers, and BB10 users who bought the phones as consumers.

Posted via Z30
    07-08-15 09:19 PM
    Regimes committed to BB10 and getting it to market. Chen doesn't care anything about BB10 or of it stays in the market. Chen has already abandoned BB10 developers, and BB10 users who bought the phones as consumers.

Posted via Z30
    do you feel abandoned?
    07-08-15 10:18 PM
    It wouldn't surprise me to see all kinds of rumors from some blog sourced by a hack job of a Web forum member to funky from dumping his diaper that gets picked up from reuters that BlackBerry 10 and BOBS was hacked and all of formation was gathered I clouding emails and content just before US THANKSGIVING to give all these BlackBerry running android rumors some kind of Web "pull" if it were.

Any die hard BlackBerry users get the joke there? Pull vs Push?

Posted via CB10
    07-09-15 02:18 AM
    Forget the very minor betrayal of the Playbook. Not very many were sold. Think of all the millions of BB7 devices that were sold under the misunderstanding that more than likely there would be at least one upgrade to BB8.

I am not worried. If BlackBerry removes runtime, I will just not upgrade to the new OS. Still, this is not a good time to be buying a Leap or Classic. They may be too underpowered for what might be coming.

Posted via CB10
    You clearly do not remember history that well. When the Bold 9900 launched, PlayBook was already out, and BlackBerry had already announced that the PlayBook would be the beginning of the new platform that they were moving to with the phones. There was no betrayal to BB7 owners. BlackBerry was very clear that is was the end of the line. They also announced BBX/BB10 early in the BB7 life cycle likely costing them a lot of sales as people waited for BB10 devices that were supposed to come out early 2012, then slipped to summer 2012, then end of 2012, and then finally early 2013.

As for your statements in the new devices I agree, the Classic and Leap will be underpowered for a more complex operating environment that a Hypervisor would bring, unless QNX finally did some wizardry in the resource depth art mentioned when it comes to RAM and memory management.

Posted via Z30
    Bbnivende, Maxxxpower and bigjman like this.
    07-09-15 05:13 AM
    do you feel abandoned?
    Look at developers bailing in the platform like Nemory. You can be sarcastic to me and ignore the reality right in front of you, but that reality is BlackBerry killing off the BB10 platform as we all know it. It will have to change in some way. And just like BlackBerry killed off BB7 sales, PlayBook sales, and Bb10 sales with poor execution, letting these rumors sit out there festering is going to make the last quarterly's pathetic handset numbers look great.

Posted via Z30
    jmr1015 likes this.
    07-09-15 05:17 AM
285 ... 678910 ...