09-14-15 06:00 PM
285 ... 89101112
tools
    Not in this current instance no.

QNX Hypervisor is NOT part of BB10 in anyway shape or form. We can HOPE it gets integrated into BB10 but for now it's completely separate. Just about anything "could" be theoretical if we make it sound workable and well thought out and use imagination. But let's get real for now. I'll leave the pros at BlackBerry to get your crazy idea happening - now THAT would be MOST IMPRESSIVE
    The hypervisor would not be integrated into BB10. It would be the base OS of the device and load first. Muktiple guest OS, like BB10 or Android would be loaded into the hypervisor. The Hypervisor is in control of the devices resources like CPU cores, RAM, GPU, and storage space, and allow the Guest OS to use the resources. Two run multiple Guest OS concurrently requires more resources.

The Hypervisor should support running BB10 on it right now because it supports QNX Neutrino as a guest OS, which is the base of BB10, and it supports Android.

Posted via Z30
    07-10-15 09:28 PM
    You stated BBOS devices from 6.1 can readily run the hypervisor. While that may be true, they won't have the resources necessary to run much more than the hypervisor in a device like that. Also the Hypervisor would never run on top of anything, everything would be running on top of it. I know quite well how hypervisors work and build systems using VMWARE ESXi. If they were to run Bb10 and Android on the hypervisors at the same time, they would need a SOC with a lot of cores and they would need a lot of RAM in the device. I doubt any dual core, 2 GB of RAM BB10 device (so all but the Passport) would be able to BB10 and Android at the same time too.

Posted via Z30
    Have you actually read in full what my original statement was in this thread was?
    1. never said BBOS devices from 6.1 can readily run the hypervisor - I said based on the chip they CAN run QNX Hypervisor; difference in perception here. I also never said hypervisor would run ON-TOP of something else. I clearly stated hypervisor is at the chip level allowing silicon-on-chip processing for an hosted OS to co-exist. QNX Hypervisor hardly uses a heavy load on resources - it's meant for imbedded systems - thought you know how hypervisors work (VMWare ESXi is a completely different beast from it's implementation, you know that).

2. Storage could be used to "pause" an OS - very similar to what iOS does with it's apps with just 1GB RAM. You're thinking like ESXi when it's very different to what QNX has done. YOU or ME or anyone else as person could not use BOTH OS' simultaneously ... using a conduit action to share data between the too (like a sharing app/feature) then yes I can see that happening but using contacts in BB10 simultaneously to contacts in Android, nope. You could "share" the contact from one to the other, copy from one to the other but not BOTH simultaneously.
    07-11-15 05:59 PM
    The hypervisor would not be integrated into BB10. It would be the base OS of the device and load first. Muktiple guest OS, like BB10 or Android would be loaded into the hypervisor. The Hypervisor is in control of the devices resources like CPU cores, RAM, GPU, and storage space, and allow the Guest OS to use the resources. Two run multiple Guest OS concurrently requires more resources.

The Hypervisor should support running BB10 on it right now because it supports QNX Neutrino as a guest OS, which is the base of BB10, and it supports Android.

Posted via Z30
    You are correct - except in bold. QNX Neutrino is what is running the Hypervisor, not from what I'm reading from your quoted post above being the other way around.

QNX Neutrino having Hypervisor baked in.
    Guest OS.
    07-11-15 06:01 PM
    Wtf? What language is this?
    The same as your abbreviation, which is internet slang. you're harping on me about "language format" yet you yourself are doing the exact same thing. Either click ignore and move about your day or continue looking like an agitator.
    07-11-15 06:04 PM
    You are correct - except in bold. QNX Neutrino is what is running the Hypervisor, not from what I'm reading from your quoted post above being the other way around.

QNX Neutrino having Hypervisor baked in.
    Guest OS.
    According to QNX's own website, http://www.qnx.com/products/hypervisor/

Guest support
    Release 1.0 of the QNX Hypervisor supports the QNX Neutrino OS 6.6 and 6.5, Linux and Android. OS support will be expanded in future releases. Contact your QNX Sales Representative for the latest list of supported OSs.

QNX is running the hypervisor, but it is also a supported Guest OS.

Posted via Z30
    Supa_Fly1 likes this.
    07-11-15 06:33 PM
    Have you actually read in full what my original statement was in this thread was?
    1. never said BBOS devices from 6.1 can readily run the hypervisor - I said based on the chip they CAN run QNX Hypervisor; difference in perception here. I also never said hypervisor would run ON-TOP of something else. I clearly stated hypervisor is at the chip level allowing silicon-on-chip processing for an hosted OS to co-exist. QNX Hypervisor hardly uses a heavy load on resources - it's meant for imbedded systems - thought you know how hypervisors work (VMWare ESXi is a completely different beast from it's implementation, you know that).

2. Storage could be used to "pause" an OS - very similar to what iOS does with it's apps with just 1GB RAM. You're thinking like ESXi when it's very different to what QNX has done. YOU or ME or anyone else as person could not use BOTH OS' simultaneously ... using a conduit action to share data between the too (like a sharing app/feature) then yes I can see that happening but using contacts in BB10 simultaneously to contacts in Android, nope. You could "share" the contact from one to the other, copy from one to the other but not BOTH simultaneously.
    Sorry you haven't clearly stated anything. The bold part is clearly not being clear. Perhaps you should read up on the QNX hypervisor and what it does. It is a real time hypervisor built for real time critical applications in the medical and automotive sectors. Perhaps it is the slang other have brought up is extremely poor at relaying technical information, or to really take someone seriously on technical information.

Posted via Z30
    07-11-15 06:44 PM
    The same as your abbreviation, which is internet slang. you're harping on me about "language format" yet you yourself are doing the exact same thing. Either click ignore and move about your day or continue looking like an agitator.
    Much better grammar.
    extisis likes this.
    07-11-15 07:36 PM
    Much better grammar.
    I am no star student of grammar, I actually loath it. I personally, by my opinion find it more criticla in business writing or in circles that must have it and at times, that I've been in, find the message is lost.
    07-11-15 08:13 PM
    I am no star student of grammar, I actually loath it. I personally, by my opinion find it more criticla in business writing or in circles that must have it and at times, that I've been in, find the message is lost.
    So you are saying that this forum does not warrant your best efforts in expressing yourself.
    Good to know.
    Last edited by DrBoomBotz; 07-12-15 at 02:32 PM.
    07-12-15 02:18 PM
    So you are saying that this forum does not warrant you best efforts in expressing yourself.
    Good to know.
    obviously not, you both clearly misspelled words in your posts. i'm calling the G police!
    07-12-15 02:22 PM
    Please show me my error.
    I did run the text through a spell checker and did not see any problem.

Never mind I found it myself.
    07-12-15 02:28 PM
    Please show me my error.
    I did run the text through a spell checker and did not see any problem.
    It's not a big deal bro... but if you must know.. you wrote "you" instead of "your" and writing "yourself" and the end would have been redundant... you could have also wrote "oneself ".

Back to BB10...
    Supa_Fly1 likes this.
    07-12-15 02:34 PM
    That would be grammar not spelling and it is not redundant.
    Also I am not your "bro".
    07-12-15 02:40 PM
    That would be grammar not spelling and it is not redundant.
    Also I am not your "bro".
    you still misspelled the word for the sentence you were using it in. and it is. you do know what redundant means right?

why are you arguing this bro? you mad?
    MO3iusONE likes this.
    07-12-15 02:54 PM
    Wow. This thread has completely devolved. Some of y'all need to take a step away from CB for a while.
    Coachbulldog and ayngling like this.
    07-13-15 12:59 PM
    I don't know why people don't think this is the truth. Native development is all but a dead end as by BlackBerry themselves telling developers to target other platforms. Android cannot be secure unless rewritten from the ground up. If BlackBerry thinks that they can sell millions more phones with Android, they are lost. There is nothing that will attract buyers to have a skinned Android. For each update of Android, they will have to reskin it. They will spend more money playing catchup with each release of Android than they would continuing development of BB10. They will not sell anymore phones and will probably sell less.
    What if it was Google doing the skinning? They get to use BlackBerry to kick the crap out of Apple in the enterprise arena, BlackBerry gets to shift more hardware and licence whatever's necessary for it to happen to Google and Google maintains the os. BlackBerry then makes bbm video work on Android (only BlackBerry Android) and uses the hardware sales to leverage more software to the end user. Every time I think about the possible shape of this development, I suspect I'm only sensing part of the picture.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2576 O2 UK
    07-13-15 01:23 PM
    Wow. This thread has completely devolved. Some of y'all need to take a step away from CB for a while.
    You didn't provide any worthy posts either.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.680
    07-13-15 05:03 PM
    So you are saying that this forum does not warrant your best efforts in expressing yourself.
    Good to know.
    No, I'm saying I find it more critical in such areas of focus as I've mentioned before. Here on a public forum, considering the structure and nature of dialogs as a whole I just see this venue more relaxed than other locations I've previously mentioned. Having someone harp on another about their grammar or spelling looses focus on the topic already in motion, and usually succeed in there lack of self esteem or them becoming more spiteful in each reply and even internalizing the criticism as personal. This begins in the way you state the need for better sentence structure, which could've been a LOT less offensive and more positive to drive to what you're expecting.

The oddity is not only has this thread derailed but also more about who's right, who's wrong, and more about flexing one's superiority over another - its all in perception here.

At the end of the day we should all stay on topic, and not use one.
    The_Passporter likes this.
    07-13-15 08:18 PM
    From an article in the Franchise Herald (not too familiar with this publication), there seems to be some quasi -denial from BlackBerry about the Android device. I did say quasi.

Now,*reports*are suggesting the company will release a "Blackberry Venice" phone which will include an Android operating system. However, company officials have since attempted to squash these claims.*

"Blackberry frequently registers domain names to support the breadth of our cross-platform portfolio... Android is an important part of our cross-platform enterprise software strategy," Blackberry said in a report, according to*The Bit Bag.*

The rumored device is said to be powered by a 1.8 Ghz Snapdragon 808 hexacore processor and contains 3GB of RAM.*
    07-15-15 08:02 PM
    OMG

Posted from earth
    07-16-15 11:41 AM
    I'm not techy like most of you, but he mentioned something about apps still being sandboxed? I'm not on BES, so for me, if it looks like a BlackBerry, and feels like a Blackberry, I really don't care how it works. I love my Z30, and I don't need/use a ton of apps, I just like the interface. I've tried the kids iPad/iPod, and have no interest. I'm liking my Windows 8.1 Lenovo Yoga tablet, and have only had limited time with Android.
    Ok so what does the sand boxing in do exactly? Does it prevent the apps from communicating out without permission or stop the apps from installing anything outside the sandbox? If it's the second what else does it prevent it from doing?

Second question: what happens to the BB10 devices? Like will the Passport be able to upgrade with like a huge overhaul of an update and run android?
    Last edited by The_Passporter; 07-20-15 at 12:36 AM. Reason: additional question
    07-20-15 12:30 AM
    Ok so what does the sand boxing in do exactly? Does it prevent the apps from communicating out without permission or stop the apps from installing anything outside the sandbox? If it's the second what else does it prevent it from doing?

Second question: what happens to the BB10 devices? Like will the Passport be able to upgrade with like a huge overhaul of an update and run android?
    Probably best to read the first seven words and take note of the question mark at the end of the first sentence. Or you could keep asking him questions I suppose.

kwenie and howarmat like this.
    07-20-15 12:41 AM
    Hopefully, BlackBerry will put BB10 OS on the back burner for a spell. Just until they are showing more of a positive cash flow.

I ain't gettin rid of my Z10 until it quite.

The Z10 STL 100-3 on 10.3.1.2708 BlackBerry owners on AT&T Channel C0032C652
    07-20-15 01:02 AM
    Without trying to be too vague, my friend (a former BB employee with strong ties to current employees), told me he has used an BlackBerry slider running ANDROID! I didn't get into spec details with him, but basically it was a BlackBerry slider >5" phone running Android OS with a BlackBerry "skin" UI.

He said it looked and operated like a current BB, with the hub, swipe, flow etc, but Android was the base OS. He said Google was planning on spending 10's of millions in marketing it as the most secure Android device out there.

He was told the plan was to phase out BB10 and run all new phones on Android with the BB UI skin. The first slider phone will be released before US Thanksgiving, with a Classic type model to follow by the end of the year.

I know, I know - a friend of a friend, and all that, but I believe him.
    I believe this 100% as I just posted elsewhere. Not sure about the marketing $$ but the rest will happen. Best of BB10 with Android as Base OS

BlackBerry10 w / Google Play Services please
    07-31-15 05:55 PM
    Probably best to read the first seven words and take note of the question mark at the end of the first sentence. Or you could keep asking him questions I suppose.

Was kind of hoping anyone else in the forum may have some insight. The quote was to help understand the question, not necessarily targeted only to the original person that posted. Thank you for you expertise......

Posted via CB10
    08-01-15 04:48 PM
285 ... 89101112