02-12-15 09:18 PM
68 123
tools
    BlackBerry needs and will put out all touch devices. I suspect they will be a little different than the norm with the innovative keyboard stuff.

The biggest thing that BlackBerry has to recognize is that they need a real product strategy that allows them to cover a broader section of the market.

They need a high end flagship device in both all touch and pkb. And, after that is established to deal with the reviewers, etc, then they can introduce the medium end and low end.

This fixation on using older generation cpus just does not fly. The Classic is slow. Why they did not use a newer or same chip as the z30 even, is beyond me.

Posted via CB10
    Bbnivende likes this.
    02-08-15 03:19 PM
    Perhaps what's not sinking in with people asking for new high end phones, Blackberry is broke. They're doing and offering what they have to stay alive. There is a high probability they will exit the hardware business if they're not successful in recapturing enterprise market. They don't have the cash to gamble on consumer market for now.

Posted via CB10
    02-08-15 06:33 PM
    Perhaps what's not sinking in with people asking for new high end phones, Blackberry is broke. They're doing and offering what they have to stay alive. There is a high probability they will exit the hardware business if they're not successful in recapturing enterprise market. They don't have the cash to gamble on consumer market for now.

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry has cash reserves. Foxconn takes on most of the manufacturing risk as well. The hand set division can not exist on the basis of enterprise sales.

If you are correct, it is already game over.
    02-08-15 07:05 PM
    That's why they're focusing on just enterprise low spec phones. They're cash position was raised by asset sales and that is now over and done.

Posted via CB10
    02-08-15 07:17 PM
    If BlackBerry came out with a new high end full touch phone tomorrow, I'd buy it tomorrow, and they'd have some more cash to play with.
    Not coming out with a new high end full touch phone means I keep using my Z10, and my cash stays with me.
    I'd happily give them the cash to upgrade my phone.....

Posted via CB10
    02-08-15 07:53 PM
    The notion that there is an Enterprise market that exists on its own and can support a separate handset division is just a spin that only Chen has put out there as if he believes it. I fully expect the majority of Classic sales will be to consumers.

I actually saw a Classic in the wild today! A teenage girl was using it and it was in a pink case. Not kidding. The Classic camera is very distinctive.
    02-08-15 08:00 PM
    That's why they're focusing on just enterprise low spec phones. They're cash position was raised by asset sales and that is now over and done.

Posted via CB10
    Enterprises don't want low spec phones. They want reliable phones that their employees will actually use. Employees don't want useless low spec phones so the device just stays in the drawer, and they use their personal device instead.

It's why so many companies are switching to BYOD.

 Posted using my Z30 via CB10 
    02-08-15 08:00 PM
    The issue for all users, consumers and enterprise is the need for android apps and a five inch all touch screen. The Amazon store is not the answer.
    The Z30 is an adequate business phone except for the app problem.
    Last edited by Bbnivende; 02-08-15 at 08:33 PM.
    02-08-15 08:09 PM
    Enterprises don't want low spec phones. They want reliable phones that their employees will actually use. Employees don't want useless low spec phones so the device just stays in the drawer, and they use their personal device instead.

It's why so many companies are switching to BYOD.

A lot of them do and that's what they give out. They went BYOD because it's cheaper for them and they don't need a BES.
    02-08-15 08:21 PM

Posted via CB10
    And the Passport wasn't a gamble?

BlackBerry hates America!
    02-09-15 09:07 AM
    I believe the passport will fare better because of the specification is great.

As we can see, aside Passport, BlackBerry never release a great specifications. Passport is unique and have great spec, is why people still buy it. The niche that people like.

Posted via CB10
    02-09-15 11:03 AM
    Unfortunately that's why the mainstream media and most average people think that BlackBerry is out of touch. Specifically because they stubbornly insist on forging ahead with PKB when history clearly shows that isn't what most people want, including enterprise users.

This isn't true or Chen would have chosen a different path, he said he listened to what the masses wanted..... And this is the outcome.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    02-09-15 11:21 AM
    BB isn't out of touch, they just know that the market for a high end BB touch for enterprise is tiny. Enterprise doesn't need specs, have you looked at your work desktop lately? For enterprise customers who want a BB touch what does a Z30 upgrade do that the rumored Z20 doesn't?
    A Z30 refresh with some beefed up internals would be awesome!!!

I have a Z10 and am itching to upgrade to another touch BBRY. Just don't want to pull the trigger on a Z30 as I'm hoping for something new from BBRY in the next year.

Posted via CB10
    nt300 and kfh227 like this.
    02-09-15 12:02 PM
    This isn't true or Chen would have chosen a different path, he said he listened to what the masses wanted..... And this is the outcome.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Not true. He supposedly listened to legacy users who did not "upgrade" to the Q10. Hardly a mass of customers. It might have been a good strategy if legacy users were holding back for the Classic. I do not think that was ever true to any real extent.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    02-09-15 01:29 PM
    A Z30 refresh with some beefed up internals would be awesome!!!

I have a Z10 and am itching to upgrade to another touch BBRY. Just don't want to pull the trigger on a Z30 as I'm hoping for something new from BBRY in the next year.

Posted via CB10
    Of course Z30 with Passport internals would great but but again its not a product for which BB feels enterprise is clamoring. BB wants more revenue on its products and it feels it will make more on a $400 Z20 than a $700 Z30 refresh. Just like it will make far more revenue from the Classic than Passport.
    02-09-15 01:39 PM
    The trouble is except for businesses in and around Toronto, I doubt that enterprise is "clamoring" for a BlackBerry phone. I do agree though that the Z20 will sell better than the Classic.. I do not feel that in North America enterprise purchasers are too concerned about the price.
    02-09-15 05:34 PM
    Not true. He supposedly listened to legacy users who did not "upgrade" to the Q10. Hardly a mass of customers. It might have been a good strategy if legacy users were holding back for the Classic. I do not think that was ever true to any real extent.
    You do realize there's approx: 40 Million BBOS users with the majority using BOLDS. That figure was sometime in 2014. I am sure many defected to either newer BB10 devices or to other platforms.
    BBRY is losing mass existing customers. Though they do have the potential to actually sell over 25 Million Classic phones in a matter of a Quarter or 2.
    John Chen just needs to get the marketing and BB10 awareness right. Many people still view BlackBerry as BBOS (OLD) and not as BB10 (NEW)

I know BB10 is the best, many here do, but the majority do not, at least not yet.

Posted by Q5
    wilber1 and firefighterdrew like this.
    02-12-15 06:48 PM
    Thorsten is that you?
    02-12-15 09:18 PM
68 123