03-29-15 05:39 AM
159 ... 4567
tools
    He's just a typical Apple hater. I think users on here have to be more "OS-Agnostic". I use BB10 on my Z10, but I also use Android with my G2, and iOS with my iPhone 5. I love all of them. They all do some things better than others.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    My friend how do you know I don't use other ecosystem. I own an iPhone 5 I bought from my co worker for 200 bucks when got she got the 6. I own an s4 international version with the exynos processor. From the iPhone 5 to 6 besides the screen size change there is ultimately no difference besides apple pay which isn't even adopted glossary yet. My friend who sold me the iPhone even said she didn't find the upgrade worth it at all besides the bigger screen. No change really to say wow. To me a nice change or big change is you are coming from the galaxy s3 to s5 and now you got the 6 edge then you have a big change with major improvements in term so of speed ...innovation and technology....every os has their strength and weaknesses so don't judge think I'm some blind "fanboi" who knows nothing of os. Heck I used Android when it was the HTC dream and had a blackberry too. I love technology since back in the day with mobile phones...used symbian...ios...bb10...jolla...webos....

Posted via my awesome totally amazing BlackBerry Z30
    03-06-15 04:20 PM
    Did you read my post!?!? Did I say we are going to have a full touch this year?!? I said we are going to have a 16:9 device this year for sure. How do you know the curved screen will be useless have you see in it action?!?! He said it will have many features that we have to wait to see later. Don't judge a device without seeing the final product period. Not saying you should love it and forget about getting a touch only phone but don't hate on the slider without seeing it first as a final product....

Posted via my awesome totally amazing BlackBerry Z30
    Isn't the Leap a 16:9 device? Are you saying that there will be another 16:9 device in addition to the Leap that will be released this year? I didn't see Chen on CNN state that the Leap was all for this year, but I'd be pleasantly shocked to see the slider released before the end of the year. To me, that's the only thing that was personally interesting to me from BlackBerry, so the release date of the slider is the only thing that matters.
    03-06-15 04:29 PM
    There are a lot of all-touch people who disagree with you. Therefore, without an upgrade to the Z30 looming on the horizon, it will be goodbye for many of the BB customers. We, the people who are willing to pay 500+ for an all-touch flagship device, not a Z3 increase, will be calling it quits. I don't see anything alarmist in that.

That is reality.
    Couldn't agree more.

My contract is up in June and I guess I'll have to start considering other options. The numbers are clear. The vast majority of people, including current BlackBerry users, want a high end replacement for the Z10 / Z30. Unfortunately, BlackBerry in all its wisdom has decided not to do that and instead continue down the path of PKB.

It's truly unfortunate.

 Posted using my Z30 via CB10 
    03-14-15 09:17 AM
    Couldn't agree more.

BlackBerry in all its wisdom has decided not to do that and instead continue down the path of PKB.

It's truly unfortunate.

Dec / Jan there will be an upgraded Z30. Have faith BlackBerry will pull through.

Posted via BlackBerry Q5 on 10.3.1.2243
    03-16-15 12:49 AM
    Dec / Jan there will be an upgraded Z30. Have faith BlackBerry will pull through.

That's what BlackBerry fanaticals have been saying for the last 18 months. Every year they say next year and it never happens.

03-16-15 07:20 AM

Shouldn't that have been on the roadmap... Oh wait

Posted via CB10
    JeepBB likes this.
    03-16-15 07:40 AM
    It's called Slider with a full touch virtual and physical keyboard. There's also a 4th device that hasn't been announced yet.

There's a strategy at play here.

Posted via CB10
    03-16-15 08:13 AM
    It's called Slider with a full touch virtual and physical keyboard. There's also a 4th device that hasn't been announced yet.

They're likely still carving out their strategy.
    03-16-15 10:06 AM

Posted via CB10
    Neither of which are full touch. A slider is not a full touch regardless of whether the keyboard is extended.

03-16-15 01:14 PM
    Neither of which are full touch. A slider is not a full touch regardless of whether the keyboard is extended.

Do we know the 4th device isn't a slab? Until it's confirmed I'm going to assume a vkb version of the slider will be coming, similar to the release of the slider and touch versions of Torch.

If not, there's still the Leap...which while not perfect is indeed a touch phone.

Posted via CB10
    03-16-15 01:51 PM
    Do we know the 4th device isn't a slab? Until it's confirmed I'm going to assume a vkb version of the slider will be coming, similar to the release of the slider and touch versions of Torch.

If not, there's still the Leap...which while not perfect is indeed a touch phone.

Posted via CB10
    Chen said in a CNN interview that there wouldn't be any more new all touch devices in 2015. So whatever that 4th device is we know it won't be a slab.

eyesopen1111 and JeepBB like this.
    03-16-15 08:03 PM
    Chen said in a CNN interview that there wouldn't be any more new all touch devices in 2015. So whatever that 4th device is we know it won't be a slab.

True. But I'm not convinced the slider will even be released in 2015. But say they release it this fall like they did last fall with the Passport - we could easily see the all touch version shortly after. I just can't imagine Chen would abandon such a large segment of the market as all touch users.

Posted via CB10
    03-17-15 09:14 AM
    True. But I'm not convinced the slider will even be released in 2015. But say they release it this fall like they did last fall with the Passport - we could easily see the all touch version shortly after. I just can't imagine Chen would abandon such a large segment of the market as all touch users.

Posted via CB10
    Well, John Chen isn't a hardware guy. He has said so repeatedly himself that he isn't, and most of his background is all from business software companies.

Mr Chen even said in interviews around time the hiring of Ron Louks was announced that it was Ron's job to figure out what a cool phone was because he had no idea.

So while John Chen has said he is committed to BlackBerry remaining in the hardware business, he has also admitted he is not an expert in that business.
    03-17-15 11:30 AM
    Fair point.

I want the slider so I'm good regardless (well except I'm betting it's only a GSM device) but they really need to build another viable touch device soon.

Posted via CB10
    03-17-15 11:06 PM

Yes it is, and with a Virtual Keyboard. Your choice. Long e-mails, use the physical keyboard if need be. Get the point.

Posted via CB10
    03-18-15 02:52 PM
    Yes it is, and with a Virtual Keyboard. Your choice. Long e-mails, use the physical keyboard if need be. Get the point.

Posted via CB10
    Most of us all touch users don't want a living mechanism, PKB, and all the compromises that entails. Get the point?

Posted via CB10
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    03-18-15 02:56 PM

Posted via CB10
    sigh...
    MarsupilamiX and JeepBB like this.
    03-18-15 03:06 PM

Posted via CB10
    Sorry, full touch means only a virtual keyboard.

03-18-15 07:16 PM
    They will. An all touch Passport.
    No, square or 16:9 those are the only two sizes they will offer. A square phone would be the worst.

Posted via CB10
    03-19-15 01:49 AM
    Most of us all touch users don't want a living mechanism, PKB, and all the compromises that entails. Get the point?

Posted via CB10
    I get the point. I believe John Chen does not though. I too want a Full Touch BB10. So where is it?

Posted via CB10
    03-19-15 02:20 AM
    I get the point. I believe John Chen does not though. I too want a Full Touch BB10. So where is it?

Posted via CB10
    I really think BlackBerry doesn't want to have a high end all touch that can be compared to others so they don't have to answer why it isn't popular. They want to keep all their products clearly aimed at business so they don't have the appearance of competing head to head.

On a side Note, I was at a best buy last night and saw one of those Galaxy Note Edge which has the one side of the screen curved like the Slider will have on both sides. What a useless F'ing concept that is. I guess it looks cool, but it really has no real value I can see, and that is with the Samsung software that gives that curved area some "enhanced" functionality".

Posted via CB10
    gvs1341 likes this.
    03-19-15 06:32 AM
    I kind of agree with this. Curved screen screams "gimmick" to me.

Posted via CB10
    03-19-15 06:41 PM
    The good thing about the curved screen is that itll convey a high-end feel, as its the same type of screen used by Samsung's Galaxy S6. I liked my time with the Edge and how Samsung used the Edge's screen to add extra info. With BB10 being so swipe-driven, I think that the dual-curved screen may be practical after all, especially if BlackBerry uses it for additional hub info.
    03-19-15 08:44 PM
    Im interested to see how BlackBerry incorporates notifications into the side edge of the screen to work in conjunction with the power saving features. Possible icon notifications so you dont have to pick up your phone to see if you have mail, text, bbm, etc. Im not sure if I will want a slider since I do still love my passport, but ive often thought that it would be great to have some of the samsung hardware running BB10 as an OS to hit the high end all touch.

Posted via CB10
    03-20-15 05:18 PM
    Chens **** this up And he's spammed keyboards the slider and trackpad where the only envied keyboard devices. Everything else is so -so Outside of the q20. All these devices where from Thor era.

He's ****ed up he should of got all touch out ages ago.5'5 inch device should of succeeded the Z30.Now he's removing letter numbers for embarrassing names as leap. Michael clewley and the like should handle the device section Chens lost it.Is there like a whole bunch of qwerty keyboards they have to move.

Sorry but this 3 row keyboard thing is dead.The slider will murder the visa pop out keyboard & passport in sales easily. Sliders actually perfect device 3 row keys are dead. Slider will probably be the one for popularity and sales even for haters. If the app situation was fixed. Google play on a slider BB would do amazing sale numbers.
    03-26-15 07:50 AM
159 ... 4567