03-29-15 05:39 AM
159 ... 34567
tools
    LOL true true. According to louks they will release 3 more devices besides the leap this year...Slider is one and he said another keyboard device as well and I don't know what the third is though...???
    Slider, Leap, Coloured Classic and Porsche Design IIRC.

I don't really think the coloured Classic counts as an announced phone though...

And tbh, I'll let the fanboy out for once:
    I don't even care about their Roadmap and lack of a touchscreen flagship device. I just want that slider

(the rational human in me still wants a touch flagship for BlackBerry's sake)
    03-04-15 10:18 AM
    Slider, Leap, Coloured Classic and Porsche Design IIRC.

I don't really think the coloured Classic counts as an announced phone though...

And tbh, I'll let the fanboy out for once:
    I don't even care about their Roadmap and lack of a touchscreen flagship device. I just want that slider

(the rational human in me still wants a touch flagship for BlackBerry's sake)
    Hmm the classic doesn't count I believe. I really don't think they need to release a full touch screen yet. I think 2016 is a better year. Wait for BB to have way way better positive light with the quarterly results and have way more positive cash flow then release a beast touch. Releasing one now will just get lost in the crowd....
    03-04-15 10:40 AM
    If BB don't release a High End Full Touch Device this year i will change over to an Iphone 6s Plus!
    03-04-15 10:47 AM
    If BB don't release a High End Full Touch Device this year i will change over to an Iphone 6s Plus!
    LOL no one will miss you...out of the blasted phones why the iPhone 6 plus ?? That phone is the most overpriced garbage I have even seen....That slider is way way better and JC said it will have unique features with the dual edge that no other BB10 phone will have....I just will never for the life of me why love that phone besides the ecosystem that phone is useless....sorry just my two cents. I know this because when i show my Z30 to iPhone users they are very impressed with build quality and gestures and stereo speakers and most of all battery life.
    03-04-15 10:51 AM
    I just will never for the life of me why love that phone besides the ecosystem that phone is useless....sorry just my two cents. I know this because when i show my Z30 to iPhone users they are very impressed with build quality and gestures and stereo speakers and most of all battery life.
    The 6 Plus has the best battery life of any Apple handheld. And like you said yourself, one can't deny the appealing ecosystem.
    03-04-15 10:56 AM
    I would have done the same without the slider announced.
    03-04-15 10:57 AM
    The 6 Plus has the best battery life of any Apple handheld. And like you said yourself, one can't deny the appealing ecosystem.
    So why not get an android device which is cheaper and has the same ecosystem?!?! I just think for almost $900 ecosystem or not for just a slab of a phone is way way way too expensive....but again your money . I just find apple greedy....so expensive and yet that phone cost nothing to make and they take 88 percent of the smartphone profit (Sitting on billions of dollars) and isnt even innovating at all just releasing the same phone year after year with no changes....will never support a company like that....
    03-04-15 10:59 AM
    I would have done the same without the slider announced.
    I am really curious though about the special unique features this phone will have with the dual curved display since that is what JC said.
    03-04-15 11:00 AM
    So why not get an android device which is cheaper and has the same ecosystem?!?! I just think for almost $900 ecosystem or not for just a slab of a phone is way way way too expensive....but again your money . I just find apple greedy....so expensive and yet that phone cost nothing to make and they take 88 percent of the smartphone profit (Sitting on billions of dollars) and isnt even innovating at all just releasing the same phone year after year with no changes....will never support a company like that....
    To each their own. But to say the 5S to the 6 and 6 Plus is not a change is a little short sighted.
    03-04-15 11:17 AM
    Why get Android when i get Apple for the same price!
    03-04-15 12:31 PM
    Why get Android when i get Apple for the same price!
    I have an HTC One M8 as a business phone....
    And I just second the comment.

After having used Android 4.4 and 5.0 I can definitely say that it's the OS I like the least out of the 4 platforms out there.
    It's cluttered, the apps are ugly and ad infested, Google is everywhere and those permissions some apps want, are just ridiculous.

I couldn't use the iPhone as a standalone device either though.
    No SD card slot, no normal email attachments and the huge reliance on iTunes would annnoy me far too much if I only have one phone.

Therefore, I would have gone with a Passport and an iPhone 6+.
    But now... I will get an iPhone 6+s as my work phone and the Slider as my private phone.
    For everyone wondering about that:
    My employer killed BB support, because BlackBerries can't use our custom made enterprise apps.
    03-04-15 12:45 PM
    Only in Crackberry world, people will think that Android has an equal ecosystem as iOS. As a long time Android user who started using the platform since G1, I can tell you that Android is always lacking behind iOS in term of best quality apps and newest innovative apps. Maybe one day when BB10 get enough apps in quantity, BB10 users will realize that apps quality is equally important. Maybe one day...
    03-04-15 01:39 PM
    Only in Crackberry world, people will think that Android has an equal ecosystem as iOS. As a long time Android user who started using the platform since G1, I can tell you that Android is always lacking behind iOS in term of best quality apps and newest innovative apps. Maybe one day when BB10 get enough apps in quantity, BB10 users will realize that apps quality is equally important. Maybe one day...
    I have a galaxy nexus and an iphone 4s and I don't know what you are talking about.

Seriously what does the ios ecosystem have that the android ecosystem is lacking?
    03-04-15 03:34 PM
    Buddy all of the major 10 to 20 apps used by the public are on both Ecosystems...yes iOS will have unique ones but not major popular one.

iOS top Apps Right now:

Facebook Messenger
    Facebook Messenger
    Social Networking
    Buy Now on iTunes
    Facebook
    Facebook
    Social Networking
    Buy Now on iTunes
    YouTube
    YouTube
    Photo & Video
    Buy Now on iTunes
    Instagram
    Instagram
    Photo & Video
    Buy Now on iTunes
    Snapchat
    Snapchat
    Photo & Video
    Buy Now on iTunes
    Trivia Crack
    Trivia Crack
    Games
    Buy Now on iTunes
    Pandora Radio
    Pandora Radio
    Music
    Buy Now on iTunes
    Jelly Jump
    Jelly Jump
    Games
    Buy Now on iTunes
    Agent Alice
    Agent Alice
    Games
    Buy Now on iTunes
    iTunes U
    iTunes U
    Education
    Buy Now on iTunes
    Crossy Road - Endless Arcade Hopper
    Crossy Road - Endless Arcade Hopper
    Games
    Buy Now on iTunes
    Netflix
    Netflix
    Entertainment
    Buy Now on iTunes
    Dubsmash
    Dubsmash
    Entertainment
    Buy Now on iTunes
    Google Maps
    Google Maps
    Navigation
    Buy Now on iTunes
    WhatsApp Messenger
    WhatsApp Messenger
    Social Networking
    Buy Now on iTunes
    ZigZag
    ZigZag
    Games
    Buy Now on iTunes
    Pinterest
    Pinterest
    Social Networking
    Buy Now on iTunes
    Candy Crush Soda Saga
    Candy Crush Soda Saga
    Games
    Buy Now on iTunes
    Kik
    Kik
    Social Networking
    Buy Now on iTunes
    Google
    Google
    Utilities
    Buy Now on iTunes

Tell me what apps are missing from android on that list.
    DrBoomBotz likes this.
    03-04-15 03:40 PM
    I have a galaxy nexus and an iphone 4s and I don't know what you are talking about.

Seriously what does the ios ecosystem have that the android ecosystem is lacking?
    I don't have a list, there are a few on the phone side but in general all the nice tablet apps. I have seen a few such as Paper, Paper from FaceBook, Dark Sky, Peak and etc. If you're in the San Francisco/San Jose valley here, talk to all the young start up people and see what they're doing. You will clearly see where the easy funding is going.
    03-04-15 03:45 PM
    I don't have a list, there are a few on the phone side but in general all the nice tablet apps. I have seen a few such as Paper, Paper from FaceBook, Dark Sky, Peak and etc. If you're in the San Francisco/San Jose valley here, talk to all the young start up people and see what they're doing. You will clearly see where the easy funding is going.
    1. I've never heard of any of those apps.
    2. Now you are changing the goalposts to "tablets" which are a small chunk of the pie and getting smaller.
    3. Let me know when those start-ups get off the ground, the majority do not.
    4. Easy funding... strongly correlated to ecosystem superiority. Is that what you are claiming?

Maybe IOS has a better ecosystem than I give them credit for but your argument is kind of weak.
    If you are one of those young start up people from San Francisco/San Jose valley good luck!
    Now get off of my lawn
    03-04-15 04:54 PM
    No one really denies that the iOS ecosystem is better than the Android ecosystem. In fact, there have been several articles discussed in this forum about why software development on iOS is favored over Android development, even though Android has a much larger market share. The app experience on iOS really has no peer. Even when there is an app on both iOS and Android, the iOS one is usually much nicer.

And I have both an iPhone 6+ and a Z30, so I know what I'm talking about when I say that the iPhone 6+ is a beast of a smartphone. There's really no reason to Apple bash. The 6+ captured 40% of the phablet market in about a month. They are doing such a good job as a smartphone maker, really putting on a seminar for the world to see. I heard a report today that already about $1 of every $2 spent on scanned transactions was spent on Apple Pay. All we can do is say, "Respect" because they are actually making it happen in the smartphone arena.
    MarsupilamiX and LuvULongTime like this.
    03-04-15 07:55 PM
    No one really denies that the iOS ecosystem is better than the Android ecosystem. In fact, there have been several articles discussed in this forum about why software development on iOS is favored over Android development, even though Android has a much larger market share. The app experience on iOS really has no peer. Even when there is an app on both iOS and Android, the iOS one is usually much nicer.

And I have both an iPhone 6+ and a Z30, so I know what I'm talking about when I say that the iPhone 6+ is a beast of a smartphone. There's really no reason to Apple bash. The 6+ captured 40% of the phablet market in about a month. They are doing such a good job as a smartphone maker, really putting on a seminar for the world to see. I heard a report today that already about $1 of every $2 spent on scanned transactions was spent on Apple Pay. All we can do is say, "Respect" because they are actually making it happen in the smartphone arena.
    I am not bashing Apple but I don't take it for granted that the IOS ecosystem is superior.
    I deny it.
    03-04-15 08:00 PM
    I am not bashing Apple but I don't take it for granted that the IOS ecosystem is superior.
    I deny it.
    As long as you don't live in emerging markets or in countries with lesser economic power, there is no competition between Android and iOS in terms of ecosystem.

iOS has more and better accessories, iOS gets more innovative apps, apps get published on iPhones first (depending on the economic power of the market, as wealthier countries will have proportionally more iPhones, 50% marketshare in the US for example), iPhones have "prettier" (more polished) apps.
    In terms of software ecosystem within the Enterprise sector, Apple also vastly dominates over Android.
    Even banks prefer Apple (Pay).

Where they are on par, is the ecosystem within the brand.
    Google and Apple have their respective suite of service, with Apple having access to Google services as well though.
    03-04-15 08:19 PM
    I deny it.
    Denial is the first stage, acceptance is the last. But whatever your subjective state of mind, the Apple ecosystem is not slowing down. Home Kit, Car Play, iWatch, Health Kit... It never stops. Apple's numbers just get bigger and bigger, one monster quarter after another.

Live the best of both worlds, jailbreak your new iPhone 6+ so you won't be stuck inside the walled garden, but you should see what they are putting together over there...
    03-04-15 08:28 PM
    To each their own. But to say the 5S to the 6 and 6 Plus is not a change is a little short sighted.
    He's just a typical Apple hater. I think users on here have to be more "OS-Agnostic". I use BB10 on my Z10, but I also use Android with my G2, and iOS with my iPhone 5. I love all of them. They all do some things better than others.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    03-05-15 01:22 AM
    He's just a typical Apple hater. I think users on here have to be more "OS-Agnostic". I use BB10 on my Z10, but I also use Android with my G2, and iOS with my iPhone 5. I love all of them. They all do some things better than others.
    The G2 is a great device. What about Windows Phone 8.1? Or are you waiting for Windows 10?
    03-05-15 06:30 AM
    1. I've never heard of any of those apps.
    2. Now you are changing the goalposts to "tablets" which are a small chunk of the pie and getting smaller.
    3. Let me know when those start-ups get off the ground, the majority do not.
    4. Easy funding... strongly correlated to ecosystem superiority. Is that what you are claiming?

Maybe IOS has a better ecosystem than I give them credit for but your argument is kind of weak.
    If you are one of those young start up people from San Francisco/San Jose valley good luck!
    Now get off of my lawn
    When we are talking about iOS ecosystem, tablet is certainly part of it. Why is that changing goalpost? Should we limited the iOS apps ecosystem to only those apps that is available on BB10 and those that you have heard of? If that is the case, I guess BB10, Android and iOS has pretty same ecosystem. That is certainly great for everyone within this parallel realities, but it just won't help BB10 in the real world.

While tablet market is considered a small chunk in your mind, it is more than 15 times larger than current BBRY shipment per year and people here believe that BB10 is still "significant" enough to warrant apps consideration.
    03-05-15 03:19 PM
    How can the slider not be a full touch device?!?! When the keyboard is hidden it's acts just like a full touch device with a 16:9 ratio screen and virtual keyboard the physical keyboard is optional and you are not forced to use it if you don't want to. So it is considered to be a full touch device with an interesting curved dual edge display.

Posted via my awesome totally amazing BlackBerry Z30
    No isn't isn't full touch. I want no PKB, no mechanisms and their added weight and girth. I want a Z30 like device with updated SoC, and screen. A slider with a useless curved screen is not a replacement. You were wrong. Chen just said in an interview on CNN Leap is it for this year.

Posted via CB10
    nt300 likes this.
    03-06-15 10:56 AM
    No isn't isn't full touch. I want no PKB, no mechanisms and their added weight and girth. I want a Z30 like device with updated SoC, and screen. A slider with a useless curved screen is not a replacement. You were wrong. Chen just said in an interview on CNN Leap is it for this year.

Posted via CB10
    Did you read my post!?!? Did I say we are going to have a full touch this year?!? I said we are going to have a 16:9 device this year for sure. How do you know the curved screen will be useless have you see in it action?!?! He said it will have many features that we have to wait to see later. Don't judge a device without seeing the final product period. Not saying you should love it and forget about getting a touch only phone but don't hate on the slider without seeing it first as a final product....

Posted via my awesome totally amazing BlackBerry Z30
    crazigee likes this.
    03-06-15 04:14 PM
159 ... 34567