I was at the RSA trade show last week at stopped at the Blackberry booth and felt like I was slapped in the face.
    I became a Blackberry user in 1999 when my employer purchased 500 units for top executives. Since then I have been very loyal as security and organization are my priorities. I even suffered through wearing out 3 9900's while waiting for BB10.
    I was hoping that when I stopped at the booth I might get a hint of a new all-touch replacement on the horizon for my Z30, which now has a cracked screen for two weeks. Instead of any hope of a new phone coming, I was told they are concentrating on "enterprise" customers. Really? Am I not an enterprise customer? Does that mean "enterprise" people need to have two phones? Or does "enterprise" mean I have a POS Blackberry that my friends laugh at, demonstrating I'm a cog in a sad wheel? At one company I had to pay for the BES server license OUT OF MY POCKET since I was the last user refusing to accept a company iPhone.
    The tech, hardware, expertise, and even money is all the to make the best next generation phones in a huge market. Yet this company chooses to sell it's balls to the lowest bidder. I'm hanging it up and buying an Android.
    bp2k7 likes this.
    04-29-15 03:21 PM
    I was at the RSA trade show last week at stopped at the Blackberry booth and felt like I was slapped in the face.
    I became a Blackberry user in 1999 when my employer purchased 500 units for top executives. Since then I have been very loyal as security and organization are my priorities. I even suffered through wearing out 3 9900's while waiting for BB10.
    I was hoping that when I stopped at the booth I might get a hint of a new all-touch replacement on the horizon for my Z30, which now has a cracked screen for two weeks. Instead of any hope of a new phone coming, I was told they are concentrating on "enterprise" customers. Really? Am I not an enterprise customer? Does that mean "enterprise" people need to have two phones? Or does "enterprise" mean I have a POS Blackberry that my friends laugh at, demonstrating I'm a cog in a sad wheel? At one company I had to pay for the BES server license OUT OF MY POCKET since I was the last user refusing to accept a company iPhone.
    The tech, hardware, expertise, and even money is all the to make the best next generation phones in a huge market. Yet this company chooses to sell it's balls to the lowest bidder. I'm hanging it up and buying an Android.
    Choose a device that works for you.
    04-29-15 03:31 PM
    Replace your Z30 with another Z30, they are pretty much dirt cheap now. What are you expecting from an new all-touch that the Z30 doesn't already do?
    04-29-15 03:36 PM
    Get another screen, and buy a passport.
    A lot of users switched from z30 to passport, I can tell you it's pretty slick. The screen real-estate you get because the keyboard doesn't take space on the screen is awesome
    04-29-15 03:43 PM
    You're hanging it up and moving to Android based solely on the response some person at a trade show booth gave you? It's not like you can't just fix your screen or get a replacement phone. I'm not sure I understand this.
    rthonpm likes this.
    04-29-15 03:54 PM
    security and organization are my priorities.

I'm hanging it up and buying an Android.
    So BBRY isn't the only one to change their priorities...
    -Puck- likes this.
    04-29-15 03:57 PM
    Disgusted at what? That blackberry isn't currently building a device that you want? Come on man...

Sent from my Passport
    05-02-15 12:37 PM
    Waaaaaahhhhhh.
    BCITMike likes this.
    05-02-15 12:43 PM
    Just one slap in the face? From the jibberish and nonsense in your post, you could use quite a few more.
    Hazo and BCITMike like this.
    05-02-15 12:45 PM
    05-02-15 12:46 PM