I'm a bit confused on the BBX expected release window...?

I have read Q3-Q4 2012.... is this RIM's fiscal Q3-Q4 2012? If so, that would be in the new year in before between January and March? Or are we talking 2012 between July and December?
    12-02-11 02:32 PM
    IMO, I don't think we'll see BBX handhelds until about a year after initial BB7 devices launching. I'd say Aug/Sept 2012.
    12-02-11 05:59 PM
    calender year 2012 so like cam mentioned i would think august or later
    UrbanGlowCam likes this.
    12-02-11 06:05 PM
    calender year 2012 so like cam mentioned i would think august or later
    Looks like my question has been answered by the latest blog post on the main CB page and the first BBX device will arrive in March which is RIM's 2012 fiscal Q4.
    12-02-11 06:24 PM
    Looks like my question has been answered by the latest blog post on the main CB page and the first BBX device will arrive in March which is RIM's 2012 fiscal Q4.
    I would hope so, but even CB has doubt on that. I see them being unveiled at BBW and released months after. But if they're in enough trouble, they could rush it. But we've seen what has happened with that..

I hope they polish it enough and get it right, so public perception is right.
    howarmat likes this.
    12-02-11 07:21 PM
    yeah i cant see them being ready by march from what info phonegeek relayed onto us. I do not want them to rush this and be buggy as ****. They do need to get them out in good time but not in a fashion where its very incomplete.
    UrbanGlowCam likes this.
    12-02-11 07:29 PM
    Wouldn't it be a safe assumption that the OS will be fairly polished already with the ensuing release of OS2 for the Playbook which is essentially the same OS that will be on the BBX phones?

They have been working on BBX (Tablet OS) for prob. two years by the time it's released on a BBX device and don't see why a BBX device won't be on par with the PB. Personally, I don't find the Playbook to be buggy so not sure why a BBX device would be overly buggy if realease in the not so distant future...
    12-02-11 09:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD