02-15-15 09:32 AM
59 123
tools
    I tried out the "trackpad" keyboard and it was no substitute for the real thing. I can certainly get by without a trackpad on my 9900 but at times it was handy. I have never missed the trackpad on my Z10. The Q10 was a failure because it had a tiny screen and no trackpad. There would be no advantage in having a new Q phone without the trackpad when the screen is 3.5 inches or less. The Classic with a trackpad and a 3.5 inch screen might be 5 mm taller than a Q10 with a 3.5 inch screen.

The new Q10 should just be a Passport mini at 4 inches. I think that the Classic will be a great phone as is the Passport.
    I can't say the same for the Q10 with all of its quality issues, small screen and no toolbelt.

One final point about the trackpad. Everytime I see a BBOS user on their phone ( in a theatre for example) I have noted that there is a good number, maybe even the majority , that use the trackpad instead of touching the screen.
    Quality issues???? Thats new to me then.... I've owned several androde like m8, s5, all junk. Also I own an iPhone 6, but nothing can beat mt Q10.
    11-21-14 01:49 PM
    Yes

Posted via CB10
    02-09-15 04:41 PM
    does anyone know if they plan on making a newer device based on the q10 design WITHOUT the toolbelt? I for one dont miss the trackpad at this point and have no plans to get the classic nor the passport. I'm hoping theres a Q10 rendition down the pipeline
    I doubt it. The Q10 would be the perfect phone with the tool belt IMO.

Not Fours Years But A Lifetime
    02-12-15 05:03 AM
    I think they'll make a smaller Passport that will replace the q10, with the benefit of having the capacitive keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    Markus Mohr likes this.
    02-12-15 10:54 AM
    The Q10 and Classic are based on different lines. So No the Classic is not a Qw0 upgrade.
    The future Q30 will be though. One of the main issues with poor Q10 sales was awareness and crap marketing, along with lack luster specs.

Make a Q30 larger screen, higher specs and you have a winner. Backed by proper marketing.

Posted by Q5
    02-12-15 06:37 PM
    Why do all phone manufacturers think bigger is better?

The Q10's size/weight/feel is perfect in my opinion. I'm zipping along just fine without the tool belt. Upgrade the internals/battery/camera and they'll get my money.
    Markus Mohr likes this.
    02-14-15 05:55 PM
    I've said this in another thread, but a Q10 successor with a bigger screen, better specs and touch sensitive keyboard will be what i'd want. The tool belt can be made obsolete with the passport's keyboard and a keyboard shortcut for "end call"

Posted via CB10
    ominaxe and Markus Mohr like this.
    02-15-15 12:05 AM
    I've said this in another thread, but a Q10 successor with a bigger screen, better specs and touch sensitive keyboard will be what i'd want. The tool belt can be made obsolete with the passport's keyboard and a keyboard shortcut for "end call"
    You can want whatever you like, but the simple fact of the matter is that the Classic is clearly the replacement for the q10 and the next model in the range is likely to be a Classic 2 in a year or so. It is possible that such a successor would get the touch sensitive keyboard, but it may not work as well on these smaller devices and they would probably keep the toolbelt too.
    02-15-15 09:28 AM
    Why do all phone manufacturers think bigger is better?

The Q10's size/weight/feel is perfect in my opinion. I'm zipping along just fine without the tool belt. Upgrade the internals/battery/camera and they'll get my money.
    Unfortunately, if you want a significant boost in specs, they are only going to offer you the passport in the foreseeable future, the smaller qwerty has dropped down the range since the q10 came out so we have ended up with more along the lines of functionality changes than actual spec upgrades.
    02-15-15 09:32 AM
59 123