02-15-15 09:32 AM
59 123
tools
    I suppose they could improve the camera, reduce the bezels etc but there really isn't a market for a premium small (less than 3.5 inches) device and the Classic. There might be a market for a really inexpensive Q to replace the Curve.
    I guess I gotta stock up on Q10's or spring for the Porsche

Posted via CB10
    10-02-14 09:04 PM
    I didn't say I couldn't understand/imagine why anyone would want to get a toolbelt device I said I don't understand why anyone WHO HAS USED A Q10 would want to go back to using a toolbelt device. If I was still using a toolbelt device and never used a Q10 I would probably want a classic as well but that's not the case I've grown quite accustomed to using the Q10. If you or anyone else who has used a Q10 would still revert back to a toolbelt device it's your prerogative to do so.

Posted via CB10
    Um, well, revert back to my original response to you then. I'm using a Q10, and I can't wait to get my physical call send and end keys back along with the trackpad as a bonus. I'm such a dummy, I know, one day I'll be as evolved as you...

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    Chrisy likes this.
    10-02-14 09:37 PM
    I guess I gotta stock up on Q10's or spring for the Porsche

Posted via CB10
    That's the spirit!
    Chrisy likes this.
    10-02-14 09:53 PM
    Um, well, revert back to my original response to you then. I'm using a Q10, and I can't wait to get my physical call send and end keys back along with the trackpad as a bonus. I'm such a dummy, I know, one day I'll be as evolved as you...

K

Posted via CB10
    10-02-14 10:00 PM
    Just turn the page... upgrade to Classic or Passport!

BlackBerry*Q10, T-Mobile Germany - SQN100-3, Running OS 10.2.1.2941
    Chrisy likes this.
    10-02-14 11:38 PM
    Just turn the page... upgrade to Classic or Passport!

BlackBerry*Q10, T-Mobile Germany - SQN100-3, Running OS 10.2.1.2941
    Nah, not happening lol They'll make a newer Q10 #TeamWishfulThinking
    10-03-14 01:12 PM
    Nah, not happening lol They'll make a newer Q10 #TeamWishfulThinking
    I agree with you.
    It took me ages to move from the torch to the Q10 just because I wasn't sure about the lack of trackpad... I'm totally in love with my Q10; for some reason I don't like how the Classic looks. And the Passport is way too big for me.
    Chrisy and Markus Mohr like this.
    10-03-14 02:32 PM
    It wouldn't really make sense, u can use the classic without the belt, and it's from factor and size make the Q10 redundant.

I think we will have 2 branch's of qwerty devices, the likes of classic,and the likes of passport.

Classic should have a cheaper "curve" variant, and the passport, probably the rumoured visa variant.

We will need 2 touch devices, z50 and another z3

And this will complete the selection.

Posted via CB10
    Exactly. I don't understand people complaining about the toolbelt. If you know anything about the bb10 os, you would know you don't have to use the trackpad if you don't want to so why the negativity. To me BlackBerry is just expanding on the already good Q10 with the Classic.

Posted via CB10
    10-03-14 02:55 PM
    Exactly. I don't understand people complaining about the toolbelt. If you know anything about the bb10 os, you would know you don't have to use the trackpad if you don't want to so why the negativity. To me BlackBerry is just expanding on the already good Q10 with the Classic.

Posted via CB10
    Because obviously any opinion or viewpoint different from theirs is wrong. Duh...

10-03-14 04:05 PM

Posted via CB10
    We're well aware that we don't have to use the toolbelt. This is not only a question of function it's also a question of form factor and style which is a major factor in the phones I purchase. I don't like the way the classic looks, on top of that I have no use for a toolbelt. I do like the keyboard on the passport but personally I think that phone's ugly as well. If ANYBODY wants a classic, BY ALL MEANS go get one. No one's being negative we simply know what we like and don't like. Cost you nothing to pay us no mind.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by shriscean; 10-03-14 at 06:52 PM.
    10-03-14 04:20 PM
    Because obviously any opinion or viewpoint different from theirs is wrong. Duh...

K

Posted via CB10
    10-03-14 04:20 PM
    We're well aware that we don't have to use the toolbelt. This is not only a question of function it's also a question of form factor and style which is a major factor in the phones I purchase. I don't like the way the classic looks, on top of that I have no use for a toolbelt. I don't like the keyboard on the passport but personally I think that phone's ugly as well. If ANYBODY wants a classic, BY ALL MEANS go get one. No one's being negative we simply know what we like and don't like. Cost you nothing to pay us no mind.

Posted via CB10
    I guess it is pretty subjective but I much prefer the looks of the 9900 to the Q10 - especially in Black. The Classic will look more like the 9900 because of the stainless steel band. I will be surprised if folks prefer the looks of the Q10 over the Classic - especially in Black. I was looking at a Passport next to the Q10 and Passport looks like an expensive phone and the Q10 certainly does not.

I own a black Z10 in a black Incipio featherlight case from Crackberry.com and it looks and feels just like a small Playbook. I rather like that --very subjective.

As to the Q10 form factor - Yes a small phone has it's advantages. I like what Samsung did with the Alpha. Maybe BlackBerry should take note. A thinner Q10 with a stainless steel band and marginal bezels would be attractive. Not sure that there would be a market. I expect to see actually a cheaper Q10 variant to replace the cheap looking but very good Q5.
    10-03-14 05:33 PM
    does anyone know if they plan on making a newer device based on the q10 design WITHOUT the toolbelt? I for one dont miss the trackpad at this point and have no plans to get the classic nor the passport. I'm hoping theres a Q10 rendition down the pipeline
    With the Passport and the upcoming Classic I don't think we will see a strict successor to the Q10.
    Maybe some kind of hybrid between the Passport and the Q10 with a newer and refined implementation of the dual trackpad keyboard (hopefully without the need for virtual KB rows).
    Leaving the KB layout and mapping as it is (four rows and multiple functions with SHIFT and ALT) and adding the trackpad feature and new shortcuts would be great.

Posted via CB10 from Z30
    Bbnivende likes this.
    10-03-14 05:53 PM
    I guess it is pretty subjective but I much prefer the looks of the 9900 to the Q10 - especially in Black. The Classic will look more like the 9900 because of the stainless steel band. I will be surprised if folks prefer the looks of the Q10 over the Classic - especially in Black. I was looking at a Passport next to the Q10 and Passport looks like an expensive phone and the Q10 certainly does not.

I own a black Z10 in a black Incipio featherlight case from Crackberry.com and it looks and feels just like a small Playbook. I rather like that --very subjective.

As to the Q10 form factor - Yes a small phone has it's advantages. I like what Samsung did with the Alpha. Maybe BlackBerry should take note. A thinner Q10 with a stainless steel band and marginal bezels would be attractive. Not sure that there would be a market. I expect to see actually a cheaper Q10 variant to replace the cheap looking but very good Q5.
    I like the way the Q10 looks. But since I'm a guy, and I don't have to worry about color coordination and what looks pretty, I prefer function over simple good looks, so I'll take the Classic...

10-03-14 06:18 PM

I can concur that the Q10 doesn't look as expensive as the classic because it's pretty much all black except for the keyboard frets. I changed my bezel to a silver one to offset the black. I wish blackberry would have went with the silver bezel to begin with. I don't want them to keep the original size should they decide to make a newer Q10, I'd like to see a bigger screen, wider keyboard along with the shape of the original. The classic looks very long to me and I simply have no use for a toolbelt anymore
    Is The Classic The New Q10?-fullsizerender.jpg

Posted via CB10
    10-03-14 07:06 PM
    I personally would have preferred black frets to match the black bezel.

Posted via CB10
    snowden_generation likes this.
    10-03-14 07:07 PM
    I've got a black bezel Q10 and a black silver bezel Q10. I like thw black way better!! It looks so pro!!

Posted via my Z30
    10-04-14 01:39 PM
    The Classic's specs put it closer to the successor of the Q5 and not the Q10...