Bsquare is an authorized distributer for QNX enabled products and just released a developement platform based on the mighty Snapdragon S-800 Processor. Phone and tablet. It quotes Android 4.2 .... BB10 also???? Aristo?

Bsquare Announces Availability of Mobile Development Platform Based on a Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 ProcessorBSQUARE Corp.BSQR | 5/29/2013 9:15:02 AMBsquare Announces Availability of Mobile Development Platform Based on a Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 Processor
    http://media.marketwire.com/attachme...Type=1BELLEVUE, WA -- (Marketwired) -- 05/29/13 -- BSQUARE Corporation (NASDAQ: BSQR), a leading enabler of smart, connected systems, today announced general availability of its next generation Mobile Development Platform (MDP), which is based on the Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 (8974) processor by Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. This MDP will be released in both a tablet and smartphone form factor by Bsquare and is designed to provide application developers and device manufacturers with access to the high-performance Android 4.2 platform for developing, testing, optimizing and showcasing applications and games.

Complete with asynchronous quad-core Krait 400 CPUs, this latest MDP based on Qualcomm Technologies' Snapdragon 800 processor will also include an Adreno 330 GPU, Hexagon v5 QDSP6 and other advanced multimedia technologies. An essential tool for developers, component suppliers, manufacturers, operators and other industry participants, this MDP features integrated hardware and software, which aids in simplifying and accelerating development efforts. In addition, this MDP will provide users the ability to test and optimize applications and devices prior to commercial device deployment.

The smartphone form factor for this MDP features a 4.3" 720p HD multi-touch display, while the tablet form factor version features an 11.6" 1080p HD multi-touch display. Both of these form factors also feature UltraHD/4K video support via HDMI output and are one of the first mobile development platforms to include both USB 3.0, and 802.11ac Wi-Fi for quick file transfers, and streaming rates up to 1.3Gbps

BSQUARE Corporation (NASDAQ:BSQR), a leading enabler of smart connected systems, and QNX Software Systems Limited, a leader in software platforms for connected embedded systems, today announced that Bsquare has become an authorized distributor of QNX operating system and development tool products in the United Kingdom. Bsquare will also continue to provide engineering services for QNX-based development within the medical, industrial automation and general embedded markets worldwide.

The QNX Neutrino realtime operating system (RTOS) is the platform of choice for high reliability and high performance systems. QNX technology drives mission-critical applications for a variety of vertical market solutions:

Read more: Bsquare to Distribute QNX Operating System and Development Tool Products — NerdBerry
    Follow us: @NerdBerry on Twitter | NerdBerry on Facebook
    RECOOL, Supa_Fly1 and toneytone like this.
    05-30-13 01:03 PM
    I've heard of some mystery device coming out around Christmas of this year so maybe that is the tablet. It seems like Aristo with a screen similar in size to a Samsung Note is to be released this September.

Those specs look drool-worthy and hope it's true.

Posted via CB10
    05-30-13 07:12 PM
    Wait if Im reading this correctly and understanding this properly.BB just created a whole new segment of buyers?? Which are Qnx ,medical,industrial machinery engineers??

Their BB10 devices are not like ours they get the high level qnet.At least we get 4k(which I cant afford)and usb 3 support in 10.2.

This thread should be in news section this is great news get it out there.
    Supa_Fly1 likes this.
    06-01-13 07:55 PM
    I'm intrigues by this. It could be part of some larger M2M vision.

Or after reading this:
    QNX Development

And thinking about what this means:
    Bsquare Announces Availability of Mobile Development Platform

It almost sounds like it is some sort of hardware platform for developers to test with. Might not have mobile phone capabilities. Or it's a test platform so people can develop automobile specific applications.

But this says nothing. But, this is available now .... so they must have some information available to customers.
    06-01-13 08:00 PM
    I'm intrigues by this. It could be part of some larger M2M vision.

Or after reading this:

And thinking about what this means:
    Bsquare Announces Availability of Mobile Development Platform

It almost sounds like it is some sort of hardware platform for developers to test with. Might not have mobile phone capabilities. Or it's a test platform so people can develop automobile specific applications.

But this says nothing. But, this is available now .... so they must have some information available to customers.
    I dont think its just a dev phone would defeat purpose of mobile computing no??.Would suck if its limited in function.They named all those features and capabilities so seems like a fully capable phone.Our phones do have a development mode so I beilieve its a proper phone.With the security,balance,note taking, word processing,bbm and qnet capabilitys does'nt make sense to cripple an engineer does'nt add up to BB's vision..

Its a big deal really this aint your regular dev device this is for M2M industry that use proper Qnx.If a company now wants to create a UI or app for their machine they can do so and test it out live (qnet?).These QNX licenses are serious money I have read they cost 15K+.Dont watch the video I cant seem to hyperlink.Just check out the comment section in this video.10K dev license.

Qnx is'nt free.Seems pretty smart from me BB get bb10 phones and tablets into the industry as literraly work tools.Looks like they created a new segment of buyers to me.
    06-01-13 08:41 PM
    Recool, thanks for the link to this thread.

Both of these form factors also feature UltraHD/4K video support via HDMI output and are one of the first mobile development platforms to include both USB 3.0, and 802.11ac Wi-Fi for quick file transfers, and streaming rates up to 1.3Gbps
    Dayum! USB3, 802.11AC!
    Right now only the SGS4 and some other deice has AC on the market (via Broadcom chipset), yet would be nice to have this on top-end BB10 slate device (smartphone or tablet or BOTH).
    06-04-13 04:29 PM