09-22-12 10:26 PM
121 ... 345
tools
    This is probably late to post, but for those of you who havent heard last week's podcast, "Mr. X" emailed Kevin to tell him there will be 2 cameras on the Dakota (front facing?)
    08-27-09 03:58 PM
    If it does end up having a touchscreen then hopefully its with the use of a stylus because if it isn't I don't see just how effective a tiny capacitive touchscreen would be.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-29-09 11:25 AM
    First off, thank you Kevin for following up on my tweet and opening a separate sub-section for all other rumored devices.

I hope this thread will collect all info on the upcoming BOLD replacement, no matter how you call it.

At present the forums swarm with various names, like the title shows Pluto, Dakota, Magnum, 9900 - some of them discarded (like the Magnum), some of them rumored (like Dakota) but not confirmed (like Pluto), etc.

The thing though boils down to one thing - the BOLD 2 - the better, baddaz, super flagship model.

So, to kickoff the chit-chat, I will try to summarize what I have read so far:

* BOLD size factor
    * full QWERTY keyboard
    * touch-screen high-res
    * 512 MB device memory
    * improved battery
    * OS 5.1.* or even maybe 5.2.*
    * improved body feel - smaller cracks, tighter build, less places to collect dust
    * release date - 2009Q4-2010Q1

Using common sense, I eliminate the possibility for trackpad, as if the screen is touch - why would you need it?

All above I have collected as pieces of a puzzle, given that none of this can be verified, it could as well be all wrong.

Do I even need to ask who wants one?
    Why not have both...if the trackball causes issues anmd the trackpad is better...it should appear on hybrids in my opinion.

09-08-09 01:25 PM
    The Tour feels too darn small in my hand. Its a pain to type on for someone with big hands like me.

The Bold was the perfect size.. didn't know at the time.. but it was.

Now I would be willing to accept something in-between the Tour and Bold.. but at least something towards the Bold's size.. PLEASE.
    09-10-09 11:35 PM
    Totally off-topic but cannot hold it inside:

Today I spoke to our corporate BES admin, basically interrogated him for 15min Fresh back from RIM training, I was hoping he had some info on the new up-coming devices...

Not only did he know zilch about the storm 2 and the 9700 but he also said "yeah, we talked about sizing the devices and I told them a lot of our users complain about BOLD being too big, not suitable for T-shirt/shorts on a weekend"... God will spare me for wanting to smash his head against the desk violently. This dumbazz is "speaking" on behalf of roughly 10k blackberry users around the world...

So, as much as we aspire to a new bold-sized device here, there are those without passion who speak for thousands of corp users and perhaps truly influence decisions of market-pleasing RIM scouts...

Imagine a bold-sized device with smooth edges, solid build and crammed with better cam, bigger screen, the all-time-awesome keyboard... all this gone with the wind because of idiots like our BES admin...

Geez, I want to hurt this guy
    09-14-09 10:16 AM
    I'm glad the 9700's slightly smaller, yet a higher resolution screen. The 9700 is IMO superior in ever way.
    09-14-09 11:45 AM
    My buddy who works for RIM Toronto has said the Pluto is a project that isn't going anywhere. Don't expect it
    09-15-09 12:39 AM
    I think the Magnum is really going to sell big time
    09-17-09 12:49 PM
    Defcon3..I agree 100% with what you said about your BES admin...I am sick and tired of hearing how a little phone the size of a Bold is a pain to lug. Lug? I lug a suitcase, I lug a garbage can, or a couch..I don't lug a cell phone!
    I have a size 13 foot, so my hands are big. This Bold is the only blackberry I can stomach as far as keyboard size. I started with a curve and whenever I hold one now, I don't know how I coped. Please, make a phone that is large, in charge, and a true MacDaddy. HeII, just look at my avatar to realize where I stand (sorry wap'ers).
    My Bold looks like it's been through World War 3 and the only thing starting to fail after 6 months is the trackball and that's because I like the beach. Darn sand. Anyway, I get my replacement Bold tomorrow, this time it goes in a plastic baggie on the beach!

09-17-09 09:32 PM
    I don't mind the bold's size for the hands, I just think it's a little too uncomfortably big for a pocket. And don't get me started on holsters, I don't want to look like a middle-aged loser wearing one of those spinning leather ugly things.
    09-17-09 11:48 PM
    Totally off-topic but cannot hold it inside:

Today I spoke to our corporate BES admin, basically interrogated him for 15min Fresh back from RIM training, I was hoping he had some info on the new up-coming devices...

Not only did he know zilch about the storm 2 and the 9700 but he also said "yeah, we talked about sizing the devices and I told them a lot of our users complain about BOLD being too big, not suitable for T-shirt/shorts on a weekend"... God will spare me for wanting to smash his head against the desk violently. This dumbazz is "speaking" on behalf of roughly 10k blackberry users around the world...

So, as much as we aspire to a new bold-sized device here, there are those without passion who speak for thousands of corp users and perhaps truly influence decisions of market-pleasing RIM scouts...

Imagine a bold-sized device with smooth edges, solid build and crammed with better cam, bigger screen, the all-time-awesome keyboard... all this gone with the wind because of idiots like our BES admin...

Geez, I want to hurt this guy

Okay - so this guy is one of the chosen few who don't like the size of the Bold. I, for one, happen to love the size of it - and mostly for the same reasons you do.

Right now I'm thinking that perhaps we could lobby RIM to get the Bold's successors in two sizes. You know - like you can get the Tour with or without the camera. Okay - wouldn't it be wonderful to be able to choose among a larger and a smaller sized Berry.

I was getting all hyped up to get my next Bold or Bold-like berry when I learned that it was going to be small like the Tour and the 8900. I touched both of those the other day and I definitely don't want one. They are way too small for the amount of typing I have to do.

BTW - is it just me or does the smaller screen on the Bold really look larger than the the "Larger" screen on the Tour and 8900?

Come on RIM! I'm gonna need another Bold sized Berry when it's time for my upgrade.....

Peace....
    09-18-09 12:35 AM
    Ok i think perfect "Bold-sized" device and a true successor to Bold would have:

-Current's Bold size (that is essential!)
    -Trackpad (RIM is going there with all their new phones..)
    -Double ram
    -Better camera (3.2, better optics, 640x480 or more @ 30fps recording capabilities)
    -Better battery (2000mAh+)

I think that is not asking for much..

And if this "hybrid" has it's market i'm not against it.. Just do it in a new line, since Bold and Onyx don't have TS it would not make sense to go on here..

Also i think Onyx is not the true successor of the current Bold, so that "Bold-sized" device must come!
    Last edited by bizzario; 09-20-09 at 05:51 AM.
    09-20-09 05:45 AM
    Nice one from Salomondrin: There is such a device and it WILL have some true flagship tech inside it, like the liquid lens camera for example!

If they went an extra mile for the camera lens, I wonder what other tricks will this pack. Exciting Q32010 it will be!
    10-04-09 03:15 AM
    512 MB device memory

that is not flagship quality ! sorry how about 2 gig
    and compatible with 32 gig plus

camera should be 5-8 mega pixel

RIM has to stop being cheap and give consumers good quality
    stuff ahead of the market.

I love this from 2009 - something I said in a thread
    it was true then as it is today!

http://forums.crackberry.com/rumored...5/#post3157105
    RatRacer likes this.
    04-15-12 01:17 PM
    i want this for "now", simple : )

Crisdean, AbuYazeedUK and Crakzag like this.
    07-08-12 06:54 PM
    Well I'd like one as well. But it might take some years, erm months... lol
    07-10-12 11:44 AM

Click to view quoted image
    This right here would be pretty damn nice to have. But the one thing that I wouldn't mind is a little bit more thickness to have better battery life than the bold 9900 currently has.
    07-11-12 06:33 PM
    While its true a bigger battery would increase life, you also need to focus on the asthetics and coding. Updates bring about improved life prolly from more research and chances to improve. They need to do that more often than just making a device thick

The Bold is Flagship and competes with the S3 and A5
    07-13-12 01:51 AM
    everything will be cool...
    08-11-12 04:32 PM

Click to view quoted image
    Ditto - me too.
    09-15-12 10:55 AM
    This thread is proof that the teeny tiny phone phanatics lost that war...seeings how phones these days are darn close to the size of a tablet! And these folks in this thread whining about the large size of the BOLD 9000 probably all have Galaxy Notes by now...traitors!!!!
    By the way, I'm still loving and enjoying MY Blackberry Magnum coupled with my Motorola Xyboard.
    09-22-12 10:26 PM
121 ... 345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD